Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF WHO DOES THIS WHO ACTUALLY WEARS THESE THINGS PEOPLE WALK AROUND AT CONS ALL! DAY! WEARING THESE THINGS, HOW THE HELL DO THEY EVEN SEE?! WHAT IS THIS WHO THOUGHT UP THIS HORROR

Having some experience with trooping, the difficulty hearing can be worse than the loss of peripheral vision. If you’re lucky you have someone to be your handler.

A helmet made for trooping will be more comfortable than a Black Series one. A little more room inside and fans can be installed for ventilation which helps with the claustrophobia. You also take it off often and pop it back on for photos.

But most anyone that’s trooped will probably say the worst part is how difficult or impossible it is to sit down. :lol

No idea how anyone in-universe handles it. It’s a miracle anyone hits anything they’re aiming at.

ha, finally!

Your The Mandalorian Helmet (Season 2) item will be arriving into our warehouse in a few days. Your final payment is scheduled for 01/17/2022. We expect the piece to ship within the next 10 business days. Please review your shipping information and make any changes through your online account by 01/16/2022.

1642220614914.png

I just deboxed my Hasbro Fett helmet after making it wait for over a year, i decided i wanted to put it on the bottom shelf of my Detolf-style cabinet.

Then I popped it on my head, because of course.

*instant and severe claustrophobia*

WTF WHO DOES THIS WHO ACTUALLY WEARS THESE THINGS PEOPLE WALK AROUND AT CONS ALL! DAY! WEARING THESE THINGS, HOW THE HELL DO THEY EVEN SEE?! WHAT IS THIS WHO THOUGHT UP THIS HORROR

....after some adjustment of the inner harness I can see out of it better, but got to say i think i will leave all this to the pros. And i will enjoy looking at mine from far, far away. Lol

I must have a deep head because that Fett helmet barely fits. The harness, or whatever is back there, digs into the back of my head and my nose crushes up against the visor. I think I'd be better off in a Garindan mask.

Try popping the inner harness out of it's pins. Pulling alone should do it, and shouldn't damage the helmet. I did and the fit is much better, than it was stock.

You could always just pop the harness back in if it doesn't work out.

Denix MG34 also known as the base for the Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper DLT-19 rifle (and a couple others) arrived. One solid metal piece of 120 cm and 8 kg. A big heavy monster, which is pretty accurate, even barebones as this, but I still intend to add a couple greeblies to make is more starwarsy.

Denix-MG34-04.jpg

Denix-MG34-06.jpg

Denix-MG34-08.jpg

Denix-MG34-09.jpg

Denix-MG34-10.jpg

Denix-MG34-11.jpg

Stormtroopers14.jpg

For those interested, the Denix MG 34 is 122 cm long and weighs about 8kg, so is a real BFG. It is full metal, except for the wooden stock. Pretty accurate to the real deal, the charging handle cocks and trigger fires, the only other moving parts are the sights (a bit oversized) and bipod.

In Star Wars seems to have been at least 3 versions of this DLT-19 made of a real MG34. The ones with wooden stocks, the ones with bakelite stocks and at least one that had the back part replaced completely with a wooden frame.

DLT-19-screen-used-01a.jpg

Among the MG34 used in Star Wars there were a few that didn't have any greeblies added to them, so they looked exactly like the original WW2 weapons, the only DLT-19 with greeblies in the gun rack there is the one in the right.

DLT-19-screen-used-05.jpg

The others had a few greeblies added to them to make them more sci-fi, the same way various parts were added to other Star Wars blasters and props

First they added 12 t-tracks on the barrels, 6 in front and 6 in the back, but not in symmetrical positions we might see on some 1/6 Hot Toys or Sideshow figures, but like this:

DLT-19-in-Alignment.jpg

DLT-19-screen-used-02.jpg

They also added a metal box to cover the bullet belt feeder and a washer.

MG-34-Box.jpg

DLT-19-screen-used-04.jpg

The cool thing though is that you can simply get this Denix MG34 and keep it as is, all because some of the rifles used in Star Wars didn't have any greeblies added on them as seen in the picture with the Death Star Gun rack.

T-tracks have been cut and tapered at the ends. Need to make V notches for the wire. The glue them with E-6000 as this glue is elastic and will not affect the paint of the MG34 if I ever want to turn it back as WW2 weapon replica (highly unlikely though).

t-tracks.jpg

The display for the Denix DLT-19 Stormtrooper rifle is ready. Considering the full metal MG34 from Denix has about 8 kg, the support had to be very solid to hold this heavy piece. I'll still upgrade the DLT-19 with various parts and greeblies in the future, but glad the display is finished:

Denix-DLT-19-07.jpg

Denix-DLT-19-09.jpg

Oh wow, @jkno ! That display is beautiful!! I still need to get the t-tracks for mine… as well as all the other greeblies. Once again, your display is inspiring :)(y)

Back