Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this today from Atstarsend. Pretty happy with it.
B28C2B41-6DC2-4E03-BE61-7B780CBE6B88.jpeg
04966213-9DC0-4137-AE19-6982F10E6C9E.jpeg
7D0D0345-D324-41B2-A7A2-00B8550D6A12.jpeg
31A2688F-3DDD-43E2-8CB5-38D388AD95B1.jpeg

That is a very beautiful piece. Is it all metal and what material is it? Heavy?
It's constructed of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum, with copper anodized highlights and mother of pear accents.

It’s not overly heavy but has some weight to it. Could easily break a window (not that I would try)

A few weeks ago I received my Denuo Novo bucket. I got it through Costumes.com (“sister company”) since I didn’t agree with DN’s $100 shipping :cuckoo: They referred them.
First purchase was 10% off with free shipping so I was able to cop this for under retail.

A bit heavy handed on the last layer of weathering so I may tone it back some. Otherwise all the dings, scratches and details are done very well.

F1AF7CA5-0660-4271-B7D9-5CFD2C539D98.jpeg

A few weeks ago I received my Denuo Novo bucket. I got it through Costumes.com (“sister company”) since I didn’t agree with DN’s $100 shipping :cuckoo: They referred them.
First purchase was 10% off with free shipping so I was able to cop this for under retail.

A bit heavy handed on the last layer of weathering so I may tone it back some. Otherwise all the dings, scratches and details are done very well.

View attachment 548087
Congrats on the pick up. Some things don’t change, I guess. ANOVOS was charging about $100 for shipping at the end, plus a handling fee on top of that.

I have the first gen ANOVOS Shoretrooper. I’m surprised to see how much heavier some of the weathering is. Looks like someone went to town on it with shoe polish.

I agree with you, toning it back a bit would be a good idea.

Congrats on the pick up. Some things don’t change, I guess. ANOVOS was charging about $100 for shipping at the end, plus a handling fee on top of that.

I have the first gen ANOVOS Shoretrooper. I’m surprised to see how much heavier some of the weathering is. Looks like someone went to town on it with shoe polish.

I agree with you, toning it back a bit would be a good idea.
I have the Anovos Mando helmet but safely waited until Alter Ego had it in stock to order. Didn’t know they charged so much. I was expecting about $50 but $100? RS helmets (UK to L.A.) ship for $55-$60, although much lighter.
The heavy handed dark strokes were definitely applied by a novice who seriously went to town on it. I’ll see how easily it comes up as it “should” be an easy fix as it’s the last layer before the clear coat.
Anyway hopefully mine was a rare case in the paint dept of “let the new guy try it” :lol

I have the Anovos Mando helmet but safely waited until Alter Ego had it in stock to order. Didn’t know they charged so much. I was expecting about $50 but $100? RS helmets (UK to L.A.) ship for $55-$60, although much lighter.
The heavy handed dark strokes were definitely applied by a novice who seriously went to town on it. I’ll see how easily it comes up as it “should” be an easy fix as it’s the last layer before the clear coat.
Anyway hopefully mine was a rare case in the paint dept of “let the new guy try it” :lol
I just checked and the Mando direct from ANOVOS was $76.12.

But if I recall correctly, it was near about $100 for anything on the site. Along with the additional $15 or so handling fee which is ridiculous.

I feel like they were just trying to get as much money before the ship went completely under.

Yeah, every RS order has been pretty consistent. Shipping to me is about the same, $60. Always arrives within a few days. Really puts other places to shame.

I am a little concerned. ANOVOS switched production to the US and the quality seemed alright, but I don’t know what NECA/Rubies did when they got everything.

I hope yours isn’t an indicator of diminishing paint quality. I do have an outstanding ANOVOS order that was converted to a Denuo Novo one so I guess we’ll see.

Back