Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on two new OT props.. the GK and the Stembridge
6B3739AF-A1E5-4B16-8B14-91DC4BFB715C.jpeg

I have the first version of Mandalorian's helmet by eFX Collectibles. To those of you who might know, are there any difference in the size of the helmet when comparing the offerings by e.g. ANOVOS, eFX and even Black Series? I find that the eFX one is on the smaller side.

I have the first version of Mandalorian's helmet by eFX Collectibles. To those of you who might know, are there any difference in the size of the helmet when comparing the offerings by e.g. ANOVOS, eFX and even Black Series? I find that the eFX one is on the smaller side.
I have the EFX and ANOVOS. You are correct that the EFX is a little smaller.

The ANOVOS is a hair bigger, though not by much. Maybe like 5%? The differences in shaping and angles are more prominent than the size difference. I personally prefer the ANOVOS, but I do like that the EFX has a limited edition number.

There's a couple of thorough comparisons on YouTube.

I think I like it more than the eFX one. Which is insane given the price. I just watched Adam Savage and Norm from Tested do a few mods to theirs. It came out amazing. Such a fantastic piece for a relatively cheap price. Grats!

Yeah I've been on the fence for a while deciding on which version to pick up.
In the end after watching some comparison videos on YouTube for the money the Black Series is a no brainer.
Sure lineage is important to me normally with OT replicas, but I've seen so many variations of the screen used Mando helmet in the show it doesn't matter to me.

I think I like it more than the eFX one. Which is insane given the price. I just watched Adam Savage and Norm from Tested do a few mods to theirs. It came out amazing. Such a fantastic piece for a relatively cheap price. Grats!
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they modded one. Gotta check it out!

Saw that the other day. Needless to say, I'll be trying the same on mine, as well. I preferred Adam's process, to be honest. I liked how it went from stock, to mirror chrome, to weathered and the final finish.

I found that amazing as well, but the using floor wax part blew me away!

Using floor wax is an old model makers trick, usually used to give aircraft canopies a glass like surface. :)

That's exactly right. I've been using "Future" floor wax (which was what it was called here in the states) for decades on my scale models. Not only on the canopies of aircraft but as a gloss coat before and after applying decals. The added benefit was that it prevents any yellowing of white markings. It's also great for filling in instrument panel dials so as to look like glass. A little dab on position lights and such worked to make it look like glass, as well.

For our 1/6th scale hobby, you can add a tiny dab to the eyes of painted sculpts to give it that "wet" look.

That's exactly right. I've been using "Future" floor wax (which was what it was called here in the states) for decades on my scale models. Not only on the canopies of aircraft but as a gloss coat before and after applying decals. The added benefit was that it prevents any yellowing of white markings. It's also great for filling in instrument panel dials so as to look like glass. A little dab on position lights and such worked to make it look like glass, as well.

For our 1/6th scale hobby, you can add a tiny dab to the eyes of painted sculpts to give it that "wet" look.
Nice! I've used Future to shine up my mountain bike. LOL!

Hi guys,

was looking for a C-3PO head for a while but did not found anything really good or at stratopheric prices and finaly felt onthis:

It's an official licensed bluetooth head speaker from AC Worlwide. I saw that it had really good reviews and jumped on it. Found a new one for 90 euros, it seems a good deal, it was issued on 20118 between 150 and 200 $.
The sound is preatty good and cool but i'm sure i would certainly never use it as a speaker but to diplay with my others OT helmets.

The sculpt is great as the paint and chrome. Really a nice piece and if you don't really examine the base, you won't probably notice the buttons which are almost invisibles.

It is listed as a life size head. I'm not a C-3PO expert but compared to my other 1.1 helmets, it seems at least 90-95% scaled.
Contrary to their others Vader and storm head speaker that are clearly underscaled.
C-3PO is a tiny character so it was maybe easier to keep it life size scaled.

Anyway, very pleased, for the price it is an incredible display piece that will beautifully match with my other helmets.

Back