Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I’d share my very slow work in progress. Or, more like one of them. This one’s the “most completed”, so I’m sharing it now. Be warned, I’m a VERY slow builder, & I still don’t know what I’m gonna do with the “eyes”.
A7897979-F893-4886-B265-9184EF9F884D.jpeg

This is the Death Star Droid head from Zorg.

Figured I’d share my very slow work in progress. Or, more like one of them. This one’s the “most completed”, so I’m sharing it now. Be warned, I’m a VERY slow builder, & I still don’t know what I’m gonna do with the “eyes”.
View attachment 534863
Very cool. Hopefully I'll get one in Death Star colors some day.

View attachment 534863
What paint did you use? I have a Cylon centurion helmet that is flat silver. Need to be shiny, like yours.

What paint did you use? I have a Cylon centurion helmet that is flat silver. Need to be shiny, like yours.
I was originally going to go the whole Alclad thing… but I need to get an airbrush & compressor & everything else. & I’m going to, eventually… one day.
Then I got impatient & really wanted to paint something. So I did a base coat of gloss black, then I did the top coat with Rust-Oleum Metal Finish Bright Finish. I’m gonna weather it & scratch & chip it up. Then glue the other greeblies on & call it done. Still don’t know if I want to go over the eyes with a light coat of silver/metal or just leave ‘em black.

A miracle happened today folks!
76AA788B-975D-44B8-96DA-D70C5D794F2E.jpeg

I was not expecting this! I emailed Denuo Novo a few weeks back & gave them my order #’s for the Luke X-Wing helmet I had on order but never got fulfilled. I asked for a refund or, if possible, a swap to the Royal Guard. They said yes, &here it is!
I’m in shock!
A1D4FBF2-0D40-4A88-9A0C-98043DA213D0.jpeg

Back