Popcultcha

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, it's not so much the wait as me not trusting the local services. When you have a package stuck in customs for a month, you get anxious. I've had tons of packages from BookDepository never show up. Thankfully they have a great refund policy. But still. It's why I always go for the mid shipping option, there's no point in paying for the "fast" one.

Around these parts, there's no logic, only "comfiness". It's the summer, so they "take it easy".
Luckily I've only ever had one package never arrive in my life and it was from BBTS 3 years ago, but they fully refunded the purchase.

This package apparently landed in the UK last Thursday, haven't heard a peep from the tracking since.

Luckily I've only ever had one package never arrive in my life and it was from BBTS 3 years ago, but they fully refunded the purchase.

This package apparently landed in the UK last Thursday, haven't heard a peep from the tracking since.
I've lost a couple. The worst was a Megabloks set of the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman I'd bought as a gift. They'd stolen the contents and replaced them with tons of paper for checks or something. These things are hard to find these days, not to mention very expensive. I still think about it from time to time. These days eventually they arrive, but too late. I'm worried about this BBTS one. It arrived from the US to here in about 10 days, but it's been stuck in transit inside the country for nearly a month. I don't trust these scumbags here. There were multiple times were they'd forgotten packages in their warehouses and I had to go pester the local post office. And that's when they arrive here, if they're still stuck in the central ones I can do nothing but wait.

So they got back to me after I messaged them on Twitter, funny that. Basically said too bad and that there are delays with shipping. No disclaimer of any sort on their website before you checkout, yet still happy to take your money for “express” shipping.

So they got back to me after I messaged them on Twitter, funny that. Basically said too bad and that there are delays with shipping. No disclaimer of any sort on their website before you checkout, yet still happy to take your money for “express” shipping.
Yeah, my experience was more or less the same. I've not ordered anything from them since then. They didn't scam me or anything, but such poor customer service is a major con. What if there was a problem and I needed a swap or something? There are far too many options out there for me to put myself though this hassle.

Welp, getting even more worried now.

Australia Post tracking states that it arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago.
Parcelforce UK tracking shows it's still Exported and on it's way to the UK.
Contacted Australia Post directly and they have no record of it arriving in the UK.

Now I have to ask Popcultcha to raise an investigation with them.
36 days in transit so far.

Getting tired :lol

I've had nothing but good experiences from them. Just a word though, I don't know if this still applies, their website used to not play nice with Firefox, so it's possible they didn't get your enquiry if you put it through the website.

Welp, getting even more worried now.

Australia Post tracking states that it arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago.
Parcelforce UK tracking shows it's still Exported and on it's way to the UK.
Contacted Australia Post directly and they have no record of it arriving in the UK.

Now I have to ask Popcultcha to raise an investigation with them.
36 days in transit so far.

Getting tired :lol
I've had a package from BBTS "In Transit" inside the country for 25 days now. It's the Summer, around my parts nothing works properly during these days. Best I can do is wish you luck. Things like these are one of the reasons why I hate the Summer...

Has anyone had issues with Popcultcha's customer support? I emailed them 2 weeks ago now and they haven't bothered to respond.

I bought Asmus Helm's Deep Aragorn from them during their big sale and paid extra for Express International Shipping (3-15 business days) on the 11th of June, it then took the until the 21st to ship the order and I've been waiting 25 business days now. Trying to get a refund for the shipping because that's just not on but feel like they may be purposefully ignoring me.
They've been good with me in the past, if a little slow. It seems like other people have had issues recently with getting in touch with them. I don't think they have a big staff, and they've gone in and out of lockdown.

I've ordered a couple of items from them within the last few months. With Express International Shipping, I've gotten them delivered in the US in about a week after departing Australia, even now.

If you're dealing with Parcelforce, that seems to be the weak link in the chain since I recall seeing someone else say they lost their package though it was later recovered.

Shipping is a mess right now. Hope you get your item soon.

They've been good with me in the past, if a little slow. It seems like other people have had issues recently with getting in touch with them. I don't think they have a big staff, and they've gone in and out of lockdown.

I've ordered a couple of items from them within the last few months. With Express International Shipping, I've gotten them delivered in the US in about a week after departing Australia, even now.

If you're dealing with Parcelforce, that seems to be the weak link in the chain since I recall seeing someone else say they lost their package though it was later recovered.

Shipping is a mess right now. Hope you get your item soon.
Yeah, still waiting, according to both Australia Post and Parcelforce the item hasn’t arrived in the UK yet, so no fault on the behalf of Parcelforce (yet).

I got Popcultcha to lodge an investigation with Australia Post, but if it isn’t resolved by the end of this month I’m probably just gonna go through Paypal, because I’m not waiting 2-3 months for a package when I paid for express.

I received one package out of the 8 I'm waiting for. Everything, country-wide, is stuck in central because they're too bored to sort them out. My HT Kylo Ren's been sitting in a warehouse since the 25th of July. Hey, have I told you guys how much I hate the post office with every fibre of my being?

If you go through paypal and ask for a refund, and the package arrives at your door like a month later, what will you do then? I'm just waiting in my case, until the end of the month when the "workload" clears (meaning the summer vacations start coming to an end).

Finally confirmed as lost in transit. Offered either a refund or to send another one, just gonna take the refund as I can’t be bothered with this again.

Finally confirmed as lost in transit. Offered either a refund or to send another one, just gonna take the refund as I can’t be bothered with this again.
Damn, that sucks. My Kylo Ren got stuck in customs, they never sent me a notice to pay the tax and receive it, and it got sent back. Now I have to wait for Sideshow to refund me the money, reorder it, and hope this time around it arrives. These things shouldn't happen, especially with such expensive packages.

I wish you luck.

I ordered one time from Popcultcha and it was the last time. And it was years before the pandemic. Their CS is awful. I ordered a HT figure during one of their sales, and used express international shipping. A month went by and nothing, not even a tracking number. I emailed them asking if my item had shipped and what the tracking number was. I got no response until the day it was finally delivered 2 weeks after my initial email with the response of "What's the problem? Your item was delivered today." That was all in the reply. No greeting, no closing signature, no apologies for the delay or even giving my a tracking number like I had requested, just those two sentences. My guess is that they never even shipped my figure until I emailed them, and only replied once it was delivered so they wouldn't look like they were in the wrong for anything. I didn't bother to reply. Just chalked it up to a learning experience to never buy from them again.

Popcultcha having 20% off statues and figures. Having said that I looked through the list and couldn’t find anything remotely interesting. I can’t believe they still have TFA HT lol. They should just give them away.

I’ve never had a problem with them, mind you I’ve not ordered anything in a while. Their customer service years ago used to be great - really friendly, personal and helpful. I bought something just now last night so hopefully no issues. Not sure if change of management? I’m in Australia though.

Semi-related, I bought something from the US back in May, sent via USPS and it arrived in September. Literally five months to send something the same distance I could fly in 12 hours. Circus.

The way Popcultcha bubble wraps it would have just bounced once and landed in my lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ROFLMAO:

Out of curiosity, do you know if they still bubble wrap to oblivion? I'm eying a few pieces from there, but since I don't reside in AUS I'm very wary about customer service and shipping 😬

Out of curiosity, do you know if they still bubble wrap to oblivion? I'm eying a few pieces from there, but since I don't reside in AUS I'm very wary about customer service and shipping 😬
depends what the item is - HT are always heavily bubble wrapped, if it’s hasbro etc they normally just pad the empty space in the box with newspaper

I’ve received a couple of packages from Popcultcha over the past few months.

Some of the Hot Toys were shipped in a box with varying amounts of packing material. Some of them were wrapped up together in the layers of bubble wrap and shipped without an outer box. One of them was both; the shippers heavily bubble wrapped then put in a box.

They were all very secure, though the shippers in the boxes came in slightly better shape if that matters to you.

It’s been a while since I received the just bubble wrap around the shipper method, but the very last two orders placed came that way. Last time they shipped to me without an outer box was a few years ago I think. I don’t mind either method though.

If you want it in a box, add something else that’s not a Hot Toys figure to your order. They will very likely put it in a box if that other item doesn’t come in a shipper.

I’ve received a couple of packages from Popcultcha over the past few months.

Some of the Hot Toys were shipped in a box with varying amounts of packing material. Some of them were wrapped up together in the layers of bubble wrap and shipped without an outer box. One of them was both; the shippers heavily bubble wrapped then put in a box.

They were all very secure, though the shippers in the boxes came in slightly better shape if that matters to you.

It’s been a while since I received the just bubble wrap around the shipper method, but the very last two orders placed came that way. Last time they shipped to me without an outer box was a few years ago I think. I don’t mind either method though.

If you want it in a box, add something else that’s not a Hot Toys figure to your order. They will very likely put it in a box if that other item doesn’t come in a shipper.

Wow thank you for your feedback MyenShi! (y) I haven't ordered from them before so I'm relieved to hear they pack well, especially for shipping overseas.

Back