POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have 8 Hot Toys figures in my Popcultcha cart. 2 are in stock, 6 are preorders. If I order them all together, will they all charge at once? Or will the in stock items charge, and the preorders charge later?

They charge whatever the dollar value is in your cart.

In stock items are paid in full, however preorders are usually given the option to either pay in full or place a $100 deposit.

Note that with the migration of their website this past week, the deposit function may or may not be working.

In stock items are paid in full, however preorders are usually given the option to either pay in full or place a $100 deposit.

Note that with the migration of their website this past week, the deposit function may or may not be working.

Thanks for the reply. In their FAQ on preorders they mention the $100 deposit option, but I don't see that anywhere. I really want to place this order, as I have 10% off and each figure works out to be quite a bit cheaper than ordering from Sideshow. But I can't swing being charged $2k all at once, lol.

Jez I do not think there is much of anything working on the site. I think they have lost me as a customer all my pennies have gone :)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. In their FAQ on preorders they mention the $100 deposit option, but I don't see that anywhere. I really want to place this order, as I have 10% off and each figure works out to be quite a bit cheaper than ordering from Sideshow. But I can't swing being charged $2k all at once, lol.

There is a letter from management linked on the front page. The letter includes this statement:

?We know $100 deposits on pre-orders are down, we know payment plans are not in place as they should be, we know there are issues around Pennies and Gift Vouchers ...?

I would suggest ringing them and explain the situation, they are pretty good with things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you order check online for the latest exchange rates. What Popcultcha has for their conversion from AUD to USD is often not up-to-date. You'll be charged in AUD and then it's converted, so you may end up paying more than you think.

Yes, it appears to be quite a bit off right now in the more expensive range than what they quote on the site. I had an item in my cart that is quoted at about $250 with shipping, but when I go to Paypal, it's more around $290. Not too long ago, it was actually a bit less than what was quoted on the site. Although, it's a bit weird as I looked into the value of the usd to the aud and it was pretty close to the same last year as it is this year, so you'd think the difference wouldn't be so great.

Yes, it appears to be quite a bit off right now in the more expensive range than what they quote on the site. I had an item in my cart that is quoted at about $250 with shipping, but when I go to Paypal, it's more around $290. Not too long ago, it was actually a bit less than what was quoted on the site. Although, it's a bit weird as I looked into the value of the usd to the aud and it was pretty close to the same last year as it is this year, so you'd think the difference wouldn't be so great.

Popcultcha's currency conversion has been off for a while (it's good as a ballpark, not an exact value), so I've started shopping in AUD and using exchange rates to calculate the conversion on my own. Also, if you're using Paypal to do the currency conversion, they also charge a 3.5-4% fee on top of the conversion, so that will exaggerate any discrepancies PC has. My credit card doesn't charge foreign transaction fees, so I just pay in AUD now and let the bank do the conversion based on current exchange rates.

Popcultcha's currency conversion has been off for a while (it's good as a ballpark, not an exact value), so I've started shopping in AUD and using exchange rates to calculate the conversion on my own. Also, if you're using Paypal to do the currency conversion, they also charge a 3.5-4% fee on top of the conversion, so that will exaggerate any discrepancies PC has. My credit card doesn't charge foreign transaction fees, so I just pay in AUD now and let the bank do the conversion based on current exchange rates.

I think Paypal is doing this on eBay as well. That fee you spoke about seems to have appeared on a purchase from China. Which is weird, because there hasn't been any discrepancies out of Europe.

Anybody else expecting a Popcultcha shipment to the United States that's been delayed? I have a Hot Toys Endgame Thanos that's been stuck in Australia Post for almost 2 months. Popcultcha told me to wait until beginning of December to hear back, and I know Covid has screwed up global shipping, but I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum thinks that's excessive, or might be in the same situation.

Anybody else expecting a Popcultcha shipment to the United States that's been delayed? I have a Hot Toys Endgame Thanos that's been stuck in Australia Post for almost 2 months. Popcultcha told me to wait until beginning of December to hear back, and I know Covid has screwed up global shipping, but I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum thinks that's excessive, or might be in the same situation.

Nope, that's par for the course with Australia since the pandemic started. It takes at least 2 mos, to and from there. I bought from Popcultcha, and it took almost 2 mos to get to me. I shipped to a friend in Oz, and it took a little over two mos to get to him.
It's also the same for Germany, which is weird since France and Italy seem to take only a month.

Yep, 2 months isn?t much at the moment. I sent a birthday present to my mother who lives in
Victoria (same state as me and Popcultcha btw) and it took 2 weeks, a Blu-ray from Importcds in the States took 3.5 months to get to me!

Popcultcha even prior to the pandemic has been extremely slow to process orders.

I live in the state across from it and one of my orders took almost a month from the date they supposedly took shipment from China (as the Australian Wholesaler Ikons had it in stock, as well as other smaller retailers) to me getting it in hand.

I don’t even bother touching base with them anymore, as it’s almost like winning the lottery if they actually reply to messages or emails these past 6-9 months.

If I want something faster I order from other Australian retailers such as Sugo and Zing. It’s just that with Popcultcha they have a better rewards system.

Popcultcha even prior to the pandemic has been extremely slow to process orders.

I live in the state across from it and one of my orders took almost a month from the date they supposedly took shipment from China (as the Australian Wholesaler Ikons had it in stock, as well as other smaller retailers) to me getting it in hand.

I don?t even bother touching base with them anymore, as it?s almost like winning the lottery if they actually reply to messages or emails these past 6-9 months.

If I want something faster I order from other Australian retailers such as Sugo and Zing. It?s just that with Popcultcha they have a better rewards system.

Yes rewards is the only reason i still use them, I got 10% off Venom and Maul. Their website and service is a huge mess.

Plus don?t forget Go Figure in Melbourne. They are terrific and always have the cheapest initial discounted prices, decent rewards and terrific customer service. They even ring me when they are about to ship something out.

I don?t even bother touching base with them anymore, as it?s almost like winning the lottery if they actually reply to messages or emails these past 6-9 months.

If I want something faster I order from other Australian retailers such as Sugo and Zing. It?s just that with Popcultcha they have a better rewards system.

I'm in the U.S. (Michigan) and have only occasionally bought from Popcultcha, but prior to the pandemic I was amazed at how quickly I would get shipments from them - they were faster than Sideshow! That's definitely not the case now, but I don't blame them. However they have been horrible when it comes to basic customer service & replying to emails during this time, and their auto response says they've got a 2-3 week backlog of customer inquiries. Seriously? COVID isn't a computer virus, Popcultcha. Everyone else has adapted to working remotely, so that's not going to cut it. If they're really that far behind, it's likely because they prematurely reduced staff.

Thanks for the reply guys. Certainly puts my mind at ease that the figure probably isn't lost, only delayed. It's just incredible how badly global shipping got hit. I had another figure ship last March from Popcultcha that got to me in New York in a week or so.

My first experience with Popcultcha was my last. Never got a shipping notice or tracking number (even though I paid for express shipping), and when I emailed them asking where my item was, they didn’t reply until almost a week later when it finally delivered. And in their reply, they referenced a tracking number that I never got with the attitude of “your package says delivered, what’s the problem?” So for me that was a lesson learned to never buy from them again.

My first experience with Popcultcha was my last. Never got a shipping notice or tracking number (even though I paid for express shipping), and when I emailed them asking where my item was, they didn?t reply until almost a week later when it finally delivered. And in their reply, they referenced a tracking number that I never got with the attitude of ?your package says delivered, what?s the problem?? So for me that was a lesson learned to never buy from them again.

Wow thats terrible. Their computer system sucks, it will send part of something from an order but say it is all shipped, rewards say I have no points when i have a ton, the cart is borderline impossible to manage, they never tally up rewards after something ships you have to email then they don?t reply and then you have to ring three times. Tbh i think I?m done with them, i was a loyal customer with them for many years and even with the pandemic you would have thought they would have got their act together in the last six months.
There is so many other Australian retailers who do not treat you like that.

Back