Pop Toys 1/6 - EX051 Viking Female Warrior (Lagertha)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes sense that they would be working together since the PopToys last samurai figures have CooModel bodies as do some of the other PopToys male figures. I just hope PopToys goes deep into the line with other main characters.

Yup its definitely meant to be Lagertha, no question. It doesn't just have a passing resemblence, it's pretty much her. The likeness might not be 100% but the hair style, clothing, and weaponry is all hers from the show.

As for the CooModel figures: I've only seen one that barely, sort of, maybe looks like it could be Ragnar if I squint, but looks more like King Harald with only half the tattooed face instead of both sides like in the show. Unless there's another one that I've missed.

Either way, just b/c one company makes Viking figures (like CooModel for instance), doesn't mean that it's exclusive to them and no one else can take a stab.

Here the one I was talking about could be Ragnar, or Bjorn. The other is the Harald one you were talking about. The third figure in the line just reuses the Harald head.

If this was meant to be a Vikings line then why reuse Harald twice? Why not have Rollo be the Beserker figure instead of Harald? And to repeat my question from earlier why didn’t people notice the similarities earlier on the figures being released now?

Just saying yeah there maybe similarities, but I still don’t think this is meant to be a Vikings (show) line. Just a Vikings line similar to the different Knights they put out. But that’s just my view.

I already have the Lord and Beserker ordered. I’ll order this one too when it pops up for preorder.

Attachments

• 58DE691A-3DA7-457E-BE01-A3662BA793BC.jpeg
    58DE691A-3DA7-457E-BE01-A3662BA793BC.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6093DFC2-DD7D-4373-AA12-0E0706F32629.jpeg
    6093DFC2-DD7D-4373-AA12-0E0706F32629.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
Kit has Lagertha for a good price: $218 delivered.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4092

I expected her to be higher considering the small scale mail, though there isn't that much of it as it only consists of a front and real skirt plus shoulders.

She doesn't fit my collection because I'm not collecting Vikings, but there is something of a Celtic noblewoman warrior about her (aside from the boots).

I can see her shoehorned in with the two Celts on the right...

51830489567_84e2086366_o.jpg

I'm looking for excuses to pre-order her, and have until 10th November to make my mind up. :lol

I looked at Osprey's Rome's Enemies 1: Germanics and Dacians.

With this Gothic heavy cavalryman from the fourth century AD I can start to see how she might fit with her bracers removed.

Gothic cavalryman C4th AD.jpg

Pop Toys Viking woman 2.jpg

Oh, and note the 2012 date next to the copyright! Pop Toys did that with Jeanne d'Arc 2.0 as well.

This figure does look very nice.

I haven't seen the entire show, though, just a couple of episodes here and there but I hope to watch it in its entirety some day.

Here the one I was talking about could be Ragnar, or Bjorn. The other is the Harald one you were talking about. The third figure in the line just reuses the Harald head.

If this was meant to be a Vikings line then why reuse Harald twice? Why not have Rollo be the Beserker figure instead of Harald? And to repeat my question from earlier why didn’t people notice the similarities earlier on the figures being released now?

Just saying yeah there maybe similarities, but I still don’t think this is meant to be a Vikings (show) line. Just a Vikings line similar to the different Knights they put out. But that’s just my view.

I already have the Lord and Beserker ordered. I’ll order this one too when it pops up for preorder.
No one is saying that the CooModel figures you're referencing are meant to be based on the Vikings TV show, but it sounds like that's what you were thinking maybe? Those figures have a very vague, passing resemblance (maybe to boost sales), but aren't obvious like this PopToys figure is.

We're saying this EX051 Viking Female Warrior made by PopToys is meant to be based on Lagertha from the Vikings TV show.

Are you confusing the two brands just b/c PopToys uses CooModel bodies for their male figures and tend to make similar products? PopToys does make male figures like the entire Last Samurai line and the Ridley Scott Robin Hood figures. Even though they used CooModel bodies, they are still PopToys products. PopToys tends to make figures of characters from Historical movies and TV shows. From what I've seen, CooModel tends to make more generic historical figures that may, at times, be more historically accurate, but usually aren't specifically from tv or movies.

Last edited:
Are you confusing the two brands just b/c PopToys uses CooModel bodies for their male figures and tend to make similar products? PopToys does make male figures like the entire Last Samurai line and the Ridley Scott Robin Hood figures. Even though they used CooModel bodies, they are still PopToys products. PopToys tends to make figures of characters from Historical movies and TV shows. From what I've seen, CooModel tends to make more generic historical figures that may, at times, be more historically accurate, but usually aren't specifically from tv or movies.

I am. I thought this was part of the CooModel line of Vikings. They usually thrown in a female figure at some point, and since as shown earlier, the other CooModel figures look kind of like Ragnar, and Harald, I thought this was just part of that line.

(Pedant alert). The mail is hanging in the wrong direction on the skirt, rows should go across not down. Given that making this stuff is really hard, like painstaking going blind work, you'd think that they'd want to get it right (and it's an easy fix too).

This figure does look very nice.

I haven't seen the entire show, though, just a couple of episodes here and there but I hope to watch it in its entirety some day.
It's a great show. Highly recommended.

Viking is a great show, particularly the earlier seasons.

i felt the later seasons were not as good, as the show focused on the later generations... wonder how the new Netflix Vikings show is, have not seen that yet.

This figure has a passing resemblance to Katheryn Winnick, might pick this up since Chronicle Collectibles never released those Vikings statues (before going out of business).

Just found the thread. Thanks.

Surprised to see so much discussion about whether or not it's Lagertha. I'm just surprised that she came before Ragnar.

I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, so ordered from Kit this morning.

I'll nestle her in among my ancients as a Germanic barbarian. She looks too good not to fudge a bit of history. :lol

The mail bracers are removable, so hopefully her tunic has full length sleeves underneath. I may swap her shield with one of the Celts to further break her Viking connection, though round shields were associated with both barbarian and Roman cavalry.

Forgot I already had the first three and half seasons of Vikings so have been watching them (and have the remainder lined up ready as well).

In the final episode of Season 2 Lagertha wears what's to become the start of Pop Toys' costume:

vlcsnap-2022-11-05-06h51m09s778.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-11-05-06h51m48s655.jpg

Pop Toys Viking woman 4.jpg

Prior to this she was wearing different leather and mail torso armour, plus the skirt:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, so ordered from Kit this morning.

I'll nestle her in among my ancients as a Germanic barbarian. She looks too good not to fudge a bit of history. :lol

The mail bracers are removable, so hopefully her tunic has full length sleeves underneath. I may swap her shield with one of the Celts to further break her Viking connection, though round shields were associated with both barbarian and Roman cavalry.

Forgot I already had the first three and half seasons of Vikings so have been watching them (and have the remainder lined up ready as well).

In the final episode of Season 2 Lagertha wears what's to become the start of Pop Toys' costume:

View attachment 606439View attachment 606440

View attachment 606441

Prior to this she was wearing different leather and mail torso armour, plus the skirt:

I rewatched Vikings last year. It still is a great show and I'm planning to watch it again in a couple of years.

As for this figure, my usual sellers here in Europe don't seem to have her up yet, but I'm keeping an eye on them so I can pre-order when she does.

We've had Romans, Knights, and now Vikings seem to be the new hotness. Hopefully Pirates aren't too far off

I've reached Season 3 Episode 8, and this is where the full Pop Toys costume first appears.

Approaching the gates of Paris, she now has the mail skirt and bracers:

vlcsnap-2022-11-08-07h30m41s793.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-11-08-07h29m48s920.jpg

Oh... except she's wearing a different shirt. :panic:

This one's pale blue and undecorated:

vlcsnap-2022-11-08-07h39m26s306.jpg

The game of 'spot the full Pop Toys Lagertha costume' continues! :lol

Back