Playmobil - James Bond Goldfinger Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
93XHljP.jpg
OVSx8Vl.jpg

Ride with 007! We can give you at least 007 reasons to add the awesome Playmobil 70578 James Bond Aston Martin DB-5 Goldfinger Edition Car to your Playmobil motorpool. This classic car is a must-own in and of itself, but it's even better because you get four figures in the box! 3-inch articulated James Bond, Auric Goldfinger, Oddjob, and a henchman figure are included. Of course, no James Bond car is complete without Q's upgrades so this awesome vehicle has a revolving number plate, tire slashers, and an ejector seat - just to name some of the gizmos.
  • James Bond's car comes with plastic galore!
  • Aston Martin DB5 has an ejector seat and measures nearly 12-inces long!
  • Non-functional weapons hidden under front headlights!
  • Removable roof!
Includes 4 plastic 3-inch figures - 007, Goldfinger, Oddjob, and a Henchman.
  • Pop-up bulletproof shield and rotating license plate.
RGPV0dj.jpg

2VnLEkZ.jpg

sB4S4aQ.jpg

zj5cg1B.jpg

Ey2s3Nu.jpg

Ok if this continues, I'll admit I would get (no, not the obvious Lotus Esprit Sub)
The Man with the Golden Gun- Francisco Scaramanga(Christopher Lee) & Nick Nack(Hervé Villechaize
And their Flying AMC Matador! :lol
5iwm1x.gif

Last edited:
I'm happy with their GB line of cars and the Fire House. Also the Back to the Future stuff. If those lines are anything to go by, Playmobile might make some more vehicles and maybe even some villain lairs, such as Goldfinger's laser room.

Or

pB4Z9KC.jpg

"Plastic Galore"... :lol

I've always wanted a way to capture that Volcano space base... but if this DB5 is 12 inches, then that lair would be... impractical.

I wish these were smaller so maybe we could be the Disco Volante with break-away hydrofoil.

knowing Playmobil, the car wouldn't look as great as in the promo pics. i would expect some usual plastic lines all around the car just like my Red Porsche, and just like any of my car model kit that came painted in silver, those lines will still show.

I really hope The Living Daylights' (and NTTD) Aston Martin V8 Voltane and perhaps the Lotus from The Spy Who Loved Me will follow. I'd also be open for Tomorrow Never Dies' BMW.

Considering the squared Lego-characters, I don't mind lines or whatever on the car. All depends on price how deep I go with this line (if its a line).

As it is, I'd get this Aston Martin, the Lotus Esprit and, if they go there, Little Nellie. Beyond that, really depends on price and how the cars actually look in hand.

Lol, this has to be the most ambiguously absurd AND cool toy of the year imo. Playmo-Bond ? So unexpected to me, is this a sign that we're approaching the apocalypse ? What’s next ? Playmobil Blade Runner Spinner car ? Because I’m all for it. Playmobil Aliens APC tank ? Oh yeah ! Playmobil Texas Chainsaw Massacre playset ? …errr no, not that one please

Kinda cool for what it is. Not sure if I would buy it, but it’s neat. Same goes for the A-Team van.

This looks good. I have the DeLorean and it's a pretty good representation of the car, suitable for kids but still fairly detailed. The only thing I don't like here is Bond himself. I may have to get this.

$89.99.... hmmmmmm.....

I realize its a foot long, but still might be a little more than I want to spend on this gag.

Will definitely wait to see what's delivered... and if they continue with more Bond cars.

Toys like this go on sale all of the time. I got the DeLorean for $20 off at Walmart recently.
This might be like the Ecto-1a and be exclusive online

I am soooo getting this, playmobil do make a ton of accessories it’s what’s missing on the LEGO one, actual characters to go with it!!

Back