Pixar: Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if Zurg is still gonna be his father
:lol

luke-skywalker-no.gif

So according to the director, the Lightyear film is supposed to be a film that came out back in 1994/95 and the toy is based on it. So it's the movie Andy saw when he was a kid that made him want the action figure.

From the looks of the trailer alone, I bet this film is going to have lots of film references since it's essentially a homage to sci-fi films, so that should be fun.

That explains all the technology, space travel, and possible aliens in it. It's an interesting idea if the film actually shows Andy back in 1995 watching the film with his mom or if we see the actors at the film premier and then the film begins, Flintstones style.

I would have preferred if the film was about an actual "rea life" hero astronaut named Buzz and a toy company made a toy of him. However, by making it about a fictional film, they can now make endless sequels since it's a fictional film franchise, so smart business move.

Wasn't there already a series of cartoons based on the fictional Buzz character in the Toy Story universe?

This just seems redundant. I can't tell Pixar from Dreamworks movies anymore, and that's sad. Pixar used to have such high standards. Now it's all the same shiny mush.

Wasn't there already a series of cartoons based on the fictional Buzz character in the Toy Story universe?

Yes, it was a cartoon in the early 2000's.

It makes no sense for Tim Allen not to voice Buzz, because in real life just about every toy with voice effects that is based on a film character usually uses the voice of the actor or someone doing a spot on impression, like all Woody dolls in real life which are voiced by Tom Hank's bother, because he sounds like Tom Hanks. It's pretty obvious now that Disney replaced Tim Allen because of his personal views/politics.

Tim Allen is nearly 70! You want a 70 year old to voice a young heroic character? Look how bad Craig T Nelson sounded in Incredibles 2. Plus, this isn't the first time Allen was replaced with another actor. Not everything has to be political.

People really have it out for Toy Story 4 huh? It was an ultimately unnecessary movie, but still a fun one.

Tim Allen is nearly 70! You want a 70 year old to voice a young heroic character? Look how bad Craig T Nelson sounded in Incredibles 2. Plus, this isn't the first time Allen was replaced with another actor. Not everything has to be political.
Has his voice change that much? If so, they can't make Tim Allen sound younger?

Has his voice change that much? If so, they can't make Tim Allen sound younger?
I don’t think his voice has changed. Age has nothing to do with it, I think. So I’m inclined to believe what’s been said previously, that it’s due to his political views. Which is… 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back