Per LEGO, Disney is dropping the name "Slave 1".

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is like KK, JJ and RJ hated them. They didn't service any of them properly. Feels like bizarro world.

rey.gif

Since this is the nerd outrage thread, I just wanna point out that in addition to the rename of "Boba Fett's Starship" and DC's new corporate overlords AT&S not allowing any guns to be included with any of their action figures, even the action figures of mass murderers; Brian Flynn of Super 7 essentially confirmed on twitter than Cobra Commander is "not allowed" to have a hood "at this time."

Cause obviously a blue hood with a big snake symbol (that's not even pointy) draped over a guy's head means he hates black people I guess.

Nerds, start your outraging!

Since this is the nerd outrage thread, I just wanna point out that in addition to the rename of "Boba Fett's Starship" and DC's new corporate overlords AT&S not allowing any guns to be included with any of their action figures, even the action figures of mass murderers; Brian Flynn of Super 7 essentially confirmed on twitter than Cobra Commander is "not allowed" to have a hood "at this time."

Cause obviously a blue hood with a big snake symbol (that's not even pointy) draped over a guy's head means he hates black people I guess.

Nerds, start your outraging!
I already outraged in the DC forums. Just take a look at the new SS figures...with metal bars and swords!

As a non American I’m not sure I get it, so need someone to explain me the "concept" behind censoring Boba Fett’s starship. What is the problem ? Is it because the word Slave is connoted with negativity and prejudice, and since they are turning Boba into a good guy he cannot be associated with that anymore ? Because if this is it, then this is the stupidest decision since… Greedo shoots first.

As a non American I’m not sure I get it, so need someone to explain me the "concept" behind censoring Boba Fett’s starship. What is the problem ? Is it because the word Slave is connoted with negativity and prejudice, and since they are turning Boba into a good guy he cannot be associated with that anymore ? Because if this is it, then this is the stupidest decision since… Greedo shoots first.
Politics is in everything in the U.S. and social media drives it. But Lucasfilm changed when Disney acquired it and Kennedy took over. See what they've done since the sale and you can see why the company makes decisions like these.

This article sums up the stupid people that get a voice and then ultimately you get something worse out of the result.
https://www.newsweek.com/space-jam-2-backlash-over-decision-include-droogs-cut-pepe-le-pew-1610724

Last edited:
*sigh*

Not an official new name (yet), but going out of their way to specifically name every bounty hunter's ship except Boba's just seems unnecessary and easily avoidable. I don't understand the point. Is it just to get free publicity?

https://screenrant.com/boba-fett-ship-slave-i-new-name/

I actually feel sorry for the types of people who would show up to work and make a formal suggestion to drop the "Slave I" moniker in the first place. For their lives to be so meaningless that doing such a thing might give them some semblance of purpose is just sad.

I actually feel sorry for the types of people who would show up to work and make a formal suggestion to drop the "Slave I" moniker in the first place. For their lives to be so meaningless that doing such a thing might give them some semblance of purpose is just sad.
You could say the same for the people constantly complaining about this change.

Boba Fett's Starship was never given a name in canon. Most people aren't gonna care if it starts getting called Firespray in canon for the first time in The Book of Boba Fett. Just the snowflakes crying about it in this thread, lol.

I got my Lego Boba Fett's Starship set in today, and it is delightful!

Boba Fett's Starship was never given a name in canon. Most people aren't gonna care if it starts getting called Firespray in canon for the first time in The Book of Boba Fett. Just the snowflakes crying about it in this thread, lol.

It was literally referred to by name in The Clone Wars by Aurra Sing, which is canon.

I don't think anyone "complaining" about how needless it was to do anything about the name of the ship is complaining to feel a sense of purpose. Commenting on the needlessness just speaks (at least for me) to the larger slide down the hillside of absurdity. These types of things keep getting more comically ridiculous until even people who practice political correctness and are sensitive to offensive terminology are rolling their eyes.

To me, something this useless smacks of having nothing better to do at LFL or Disney than institute a change about a *villain's* ship name. I doubt George Lucas had offensive intent when he decided to go with "Slave I" in the first place, so it just seems to me an effort by some individual(s) working there to feel better about themselves. I think that's pitiable.

But congrats on your new ship.

With their dripping PC superiority-sarcasm and clever reverse-snowflakery, some people on here come across as a 2016-era meme.:lol

And I got my Lego V-22 Osprey helicopter set - oh wait, no ultra-PC Lego Corp "decided not to proceed with the launch of this product. We appreciate that some fans who were looking forward to this set may be disappointed, but we believe it's important to ensure that we uphold our brand values.":slap

Yes, Slave I is unknown "in canon"... except on StarWars.com, hasbro.com etc... as of today...

mZe7Pk1.png
eOzaBFz.png

PwWJ0MN.png

I can't even imagine what the future of Star Wars content would be if Favreau wasn't making his shows. The people making these decisions are complete imbeciles.

Something else that discredits this 'Marvel cover' datapoint is that the character's name is Beilert Valance, not Valance Beilert. So there is already at least one factual error in the solicitation. It's unlikely there was any oversight of any sort on this comic solicitation, so considering it an official source is unwise.

It almost makes me think that someone at Marvel read this headline that Disney wants the name changed and never even checked with Disney. They just decided to call it Firespray because they googled 'What is Boba Fett's ship called?"

Recently, LEGO seems to be naming ships by who they belong to, not the actual name of the ship. These include
  • Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter
  • Boba Fett's Starship
  • The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle
  • Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder
  • Poe Dameron's X-Wing Fighter
  • Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
  • General Grievous' Starfighter
All of these ships have proper names, but LEGO seems to prefer branding them by associating to their pilot. They don't say 'Luke Skywalker's Red 5' or 'Poe Dameron's Black One' or 'General Grievous' Soulless One'.

Back