Penguin Toys / Limit Studio: The Joker (The Killing Joke) Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now this is a Joker bust.

Even though Penguin Toys have collaborated before with Infinity, the latter do not seem to be involved with this particular bust.
Limit Studio, which I haven't heard of before, are their partners here.

WKM6brg.jpg

lczGMhE.jpg

VrZbZ7d.jpg

nol0jTq.jpg

2a6YYIl.jpg

BpQhNt2.jpg

ZyOgtGi.jpg

ooMdQ32.jpg

w1wPWGR.jpg

aN73h2p.jpg

slG1dF9.jpg

Sugo Toys in Australia has this in the listing:

Limited quantity: 99 (Asia-Pacific region)

It would lead me to believe there are 99 for N & S America and possibly 99 for Europe.

Or that would mean that it's limited only 99 piece and only for Asia-Pacific region distribution only. Like XM used to be for certain DC products.

Yep, apparently my guess is correct, the 99pcs is only for Asia Pacific region.
Here's what their rep said:

"We announced the quantity in the Asia-Pacific region before, and announced the global quantity after the scheduled deadline."

So yeah, they actually priced the bust with that great deal of a price but the edition size is not 99 pcs worldwide.
smile.gif

Like Alan Moore himself, I've come to loathe TKJ as time passes but this is a damn cool bust!

Yep, apparently my guess is correct, the 99pcs is only for Asia Pacific region.
Here's what their rep said:

"We announced the quantity in the Asia-Pacific region before, and announced the global quantity after the scheduled deadline."

So yeah, they actually priced the bust with that great deal of a price but the edition size is not 99 pcs worldwide.
smile.gif
So it's 99 plus 99? I didn't know they announced a global quantity separately. Definitely explains the price though
Like Alan Moore himself, I've come to loathe TKJ as time passes but this is a damn cool bust!
How can you loathe perfection? 😲

So it's 99 plus 99? I didn't know they announced a global quantity separately. Definitely explains the price though

How can you loathe perfection? 😲
I guess the same reason Alan Moore disowns it today. I loved it as a kid, but overtime I felt the book confuses shock value with good writing. It's one of those unfortunate things that fans are quick summon with the classic "See? Comic books are for adults!" defense come up.

Now don't get me wrong though, I don't wanna be that hater that invades threads craps on something someone else enjoys (we have a lot of that on the forums) and I think this bust is MAGNIFICENT, not gonna let my disdain of the source material ruin any fan's enjoyment of this piece. If you per-ordereed it, I think you're set for some of the most impressive Joker collectibles out there.

I guess the same reason Alan Moore disowns it today. I loved it as a kid, but overtime I felt the book confuses shock value with good writing. It's one of those unfortunate things that fans are quick summon with the classic "See? Comic books are for adults!" defense come up.

Now don't get me wrong though, I don't wanna be that hater that invades threads craps on something someone else enjoys (we have a lot of that on the forums) and I think this bust is MAGNIFICENT, not gonna let my disdain of the source material ruin any fan's enjoyment of this piece. If you per-ordereed it, I think you're set for some of the most impressive Joker collectibles out there.
Fair enough, I understand that AM has disowned and distanced himself from his comic work. He was also screwed out of his royalties for IPs such as Watchmen. By contrast, Brian Bolland seems to sign anything and everything he is asked to do lol

In a way it makes AM even more of a legend, like a reluctant master at his art.

I didn't order this in the end, but was very tempted!

This is how I feel or, as I put it in a group I’m in “I think [The Killing Joke]’s overrated, mean spirited, and contrived. Despite that, it may be one of the most beautifully illustrated overrated, mean spirited, and contrived stories ever put to press.”

Brian Bolland’s work, in my opinion, is about as definitive as you can get and this bust is one of the coolest pieces of comic memorabilia I’ve ever seen, and, I, for one, would love to own one.

congrats! for the most part, looks to have turned out pretty much like the proto. The tie, however, looks like it needs some futzing to drape properly.

Back