Peacemaker | HBO Max | Jan 13 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vigilante’s costume looks good. Say what you want about the DC movies but they do a good job on the costuming.

Yeah, though I would chalk that up to Gunn's influence as much as anything else. Digging Vigilante. I wonder if the green guy is supposed to be Judo Master? Another Charlton Comics character.

This looks awful. Gunns style of humor has really missed the mark. I guess fans of his suicide squad will find this good.

The Adrian Chase Vigilante was basically DC's Punisher in the 80s. I didn't read his books cause they were for "mature readers" and I was a little kid at the time, but I read about him in Who's Who and thought he looked really awesome.

In the last issue of his series, he kills himself.

He was in a "mature readers" book cause he was a serious, complex character, not cause he made "I'm gonna shoot your pee-pee" jokes.

I never read Peacemaker other than a few appearances in anthology books, and also was not a brain-damaged goofball. He was the inspiration for Moore's Comedian, after all.

I get that this is Gunn's formula, but if he's gonna make every character some retarded caricature, why not use the characters that were meant for that, like Ambush Bug, Blue Devil, Creeper, Lobo, etc....

I was no fan of the original SS or of John Cena. The new SS is a great example of good writing and spot on casting. Looking forward to this. Fun comic book stories from DC. Good times.

The Adrian Chase Vigilante was basically DC's Punisher in the 80s. I didn't read his books cause they were for "mature readers" and I was a little kid at the time, but I read about him in Who's Who and thought he looked really awesome.

In the last issue of his series, he kills himself.

He was in a "mature readers" book cause he was a serious, complex character, not cause he made "I'm gonna shoot your pee-pee" jokes.

I never read Peacemaker other than a few appearances in anthology books, and also was not a brain-damaged goofball. He was the inspiration for Moore's Comedian, after all.

I get that this is Gunn's formula, but if he's gonna make every character some retarded caricature, why not use the characters that were meant for that, like Ambush Bug, Blue Devil, Creeper, Lobo, etc....

A James Gunn space film with Lobo as a bounty hunter starring Jason Momoa would have been perfect.

Instead we get Aquabro and Pissmaker.

I did not expect for the show to premiere with the first three episodes but I am really enjoying it, much better than book of boba imo. at least this has a more "cohesive" story and where the direction they're going with this. Not super amazing but entertaining

Seems like HBO is just trying to cash in on the popularity of amazon's the boys. Netflix already tried and failed with Jupiter rising.

I'll give it a watch regardless.

This is great, i love the first 3 episodes, it end up being a great surprise, who knows if Gun is gonna bring another guest character from Charlton Comics until the season finale like Ted Kord or the Question.

giphy.gif

apparently the season has 8 episodes and as far as im aware gunn is in the process in doing another hbomax show? im not sure if its season 2 peacemaker or if its a spin off of someone else like harley quinn

This was surprisingly good. Bad but in a good funny way. Peacemaker was the best part of the Suicide Squad that overall I thought was crap.

I can't believe that I enjoyed this more than Bobo Fat. Never in a million years would I have thought that. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Just finished the first episode and was pleasantly surprised with quite a bit of it. For future episodes, I hope that they don’t Loki-down Peacemaker now that he is the lead of a show (TSS Peacemaker was a beast).

This is pure James Gunn, maybe a little bit too much at times (yet another animal character??) but like everyone else has said a lot of fun and is everything that Booba Fett ain’t.

I didn't care for Suicide Squad very much, but I respect Jame Gunn for staying true to what he digs...he's still the same James Gunn that started out at Troma, that's for sure.

I already voiced my displeasure at turning established characters into mentaly-challenged psychotic weirdos, but hey, what's done is done. I think The Vigilante from the comics would have recognized what a Fleshlight is, though.

Yes, imagine my shock that this is actually a more enjoyable watch than Boba Fett.

There's an eye-rolling amount of current-day token woke-ism for the sake of woke-ism ("quirky" fat black lesbian, tiny 85 lb woman kicking the **** out of 250 lb man, scary "EEEEEE-VIL" white supremacists lurking behind every shadow) but I at least so far those boring tropes are balanced out by Gunn's old school willingness to be offensive.

I think my favorite part was the pathetic hipster husband's reaction to his wife getting all turned on by Peacemaker.

I also laughed out loud when he was jumping balcony to balcony and kept biffing the landing worse each time.

It's just bizarre seeing this huge dude essentially playing this character as if he were a child in a man's body. Not like a "man-child." I mean he's literally playing like Tom Hanks in "Big." It's a little unsettling, but makes the character somewhat sympathetic.

Gunn could tone it down a bit with the music. Yeah, I remember all those bangers from middle school too, but a few moments of silence wouldn't hurt.

Having said that, I found the intentionally bad dancing in the opening titles strangely hypnotic. Gets better every time.

The opening title sequence is mind blowing. It doesn't get old. It serves no purpose and doesn't tell you anything about the show. It makes no sense. It is perfect. It needs to immediately be awarded whatever awards exist for opening title sequences. Skip intro is not a thing on this show.

Back