Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should definitely collect what you love. Personally I got mine and love it. I was all set thinking I was going to Mod the hell out of it after all the chatter I heard….all I did was steam the coveralls and take the product out of the hair and he was good to go. 15 mins out of the box. I’m thrilled. Might do the chrome plate to the knife to make it more metal like and reflective but other then that, it’s a solid piece.
Also Tapatalk isn’t working for me anymore and posting seems to be a bit different now or maybe it’s how I’m posting now but on my phone all my pics look a bit fuzzy - so I apologize in advance.
How do you steam the coveralls?

Slasher edition is still available at SS. Seems like it's taking quite a while to move these.

Stoled my wife’s hand garment steamer she uses on her dresses and other clothing. I might have used it while she was out, so let’s not tell her. 🤫😉
Did you remove the coveralls to do that? I've given a half effort try but the zipper seems stuck, I'm afraid it's going to break if I force it.

Did you remove the coveralls to do that? I've given a half effort try but the zipper seems stuck, I'm afraid it's going to break if I force it.
No, I steamed them on the body with the head, and arms off, but my wife’s steamer is sorta teapot shaped - but the spout has different attachments so I used the one that has a little brush on it. Not sure if it was the one to use but it was the one on the steamer when I stole it and my lazy ass didn’t really know which one to use so I worked with it. The steamer really did all the work. The creases and wrinkles came right out and looked amazing. A friend of mine did his with warm water sprayed on the coveralls and pulled the wrinkles out and let it air dry. Which his turned out excellent so honestly you don’t need a garment steamer, but if you have access to one it makes quick work of it. I also used it on my Darkman Premium Format statue who’s had wrinkles in his cape for years. They came right out in the matter of seconds.

And the regular (collector's edition) is on waitlist. Most likely, PCS isn't doing the full run of 2500 right now.
I assumed they will release the regular once the exclusives have sold out. I could be wrong though.

No, I steamed them on the body with the head, and arms off, but my wife’s steamer is sorta teapot shaped - but the spout has different attachments so I used the one that has a little brush on it. Not sure if it was the one to use but it was the one on the steamer when I stole it and my lazy ass didn’t really know which one to use so I worked with it. The steamer really did all the work. The creases and wrinkles came right out and looked amazing. A friend of mine did his with warm water sprayed on the coveralls and pulled the wrinkles out and let it air dry. Which his turned out excellent so honestly you don’t need a garment steamer, but if you have access to one it makes quick work of it. I also used it on my Darkman Premium Format statue who’s had wrinkles in his cape for years. They came right out in the matter of seconds.
Thanks! Just wasn't sure I should try that in case it affected the polystone.

Thanks! Just wasn't sure I should try that in case it affected the polystone.
Yeah it shouldn’t be an issue I wouldn’t leave it in one spot for too long (on polystone) but since I just did it on the jumpsuit/coveralls it was fine.
Again despite all the negative chatter about this piece - absolutely love it. I don’t display mine with the bloody knife as I prefer the clean knife look - I do proudly display the jack o’lantern with him. The Slasher edition is definitely the way to go if your getting him.
79F26C9B-EFDE-4E41-83C0-53245B5A0A45.jpeg

I'll say one nice thing about this piece since I'm so miffed about the Sideshow 1/6 Myers for his bad/inaccurate mask sculpt. PCS got the Myers mask right. I still dislike the cheeseball base on this 1/4 and the lazy fist and the non-styled hair they gave us but if this statue was on a base similar to the 1/3 and they got rid of the lazy fist hand and gave us a sculpted head too and pre-styled hair like on the proto, I definitely would've bought this 1/4. Anyway, can't win 'em all so I'll go invest some cash instead of spending any lol. Have a good day, all
PCS got the mask right, here is what the mask is suppose to look like, as a NAG PS 78 is a perfect representation. Unfortunately this looks way off. I just received it and realized just how bad this statue really is. But people will accept whatever, as long as they think it looks like Michael.

Attachments

• IMG_5651.PNG
    IMG_5651.PNG
    448.7 KB · Views: 49
A silver screen addition for a movie never made in black and white LOL brilliant! They haven't even sold out of the slasher edition yet.

Yeah I thought that was an odd choice. And they even changed the hair for sculpted on this version?

Odd choice for a movie that has nothing to do with black and white cinema. To each their own but this doesn't interest me. If it were Frank's Monster, awesome but WTF is Myers in black and white ?

I remember about 4-5 years ago seeing a black and white version of the original Halloween. A friend of mine who is a bit of a pompous videophile told me I NEEDED to see it in B&W on a plasma screen. The movie plays out well in black in white (like ZS Justice League, and Mad Max Fury Road) which I don’t know if it was ever released in B&W or just something fans had edited that way and passed around. I do remember the scene where Laurie is crying and crumpled up on the floor and you slowly see stark white Myers mask/face slowly appear out of the darkness over her left shoulder hits different…it definitely adds the the fear and terror of the scene. I was in my mid forties when I saw it like that (I never have again sadly) and I know for a fact I’ve seen Halloween at least 20+ times prior to that viewing and it definitely was a “scarier” experience in the B&W version.

So maybe that’s the reason for this release but honestly all these years later I thought it was only something people who were super into deep cuts of films, and made their own edits and passed them around were into or even saw.

I’ve always considered Myers to be an honorary member of Universal Monsters so this b&w edition would go well with my 1/4 SS PF figures of Franky, Wolfy and Mummy!

I remember about 4-5 years ago seeing a black and white version of the original Halloween. A friend of mine who is a bit of a pompous videophile told me I NEEDED to see it in B&W on a plasma screen. The movie plays out well in black in white (like ZS Justice League, and Mad Max Fury Road) which I don’t know if it was ever released in B&W or just something fans had edited that way and passed around. I do remember the scene where Laurie is crying and crumpled up on the floor and you slowly see stark white Myers mask/face slowly appear out of the darkness over her left shoulder hits different…it definitely adds the the fear and terror of the scene. I was in my mid forties when I saw it like that (I never have again sadly) and I know for a fact I’ve seen Halloween at least 20+ times prior to that viewing and it definitely was a “scarier” experience in the B&W version.

So maybe that’s the reason for this release but honestly all these years later I thought it was only something people who were super into deep cuts of films, and made their own edits and passed them around were into or even saw.
Must be a fan edit. I'm not aware of any official B&W release. There has been different color/timing releases, the Dean Cundy approved version for example, but not B&W.

Odd choice for a movie that has nothing to do with black and white cinema. To each their own but this doesn't interest me. If it were Frank's Monster, awesome but WTF is Myers in black and white ?
I wonder if they're going to go full on Hasbro and pump out more decos/slight tweaks with this. The Myers equivalent of the Seeker mold LOL. Maybe a blue shaded version next time. That actually would be more appropriate.

Back