Oppenheimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the Nolan bashing begin again

I can't hear his dialogue.

I don't consider that bashing. I'm not the only one.

At this point, I'll want to watch his movies when I can have subtitles. Honestly, theaters should just use subtitles with his films from now on.

Interstellar was a legitimate "event" The kind of film where you are incentivized to see it on the big screen. Zero clue what Michael Caine said in his last scene. You could kind of guess it, but it broke immersion for me.

I don't think it's asking a ton to understand the actual dialogue. Tenet is where I just knew better. I waited until it was in a format where I could get subtitles.

So what's the angle here? Either Nolan is going deaf and he's inflicting his largess on his audience or he's playing some sick game where he's trying to force people to watch his films at least twice or more to understand what is being said.

If I wanted these kind of mind games, while paying money for it, I would have just gotten married.

Great great filmmaker, but might be infected with that "pained aggrieved artist" crap that most people despise.

I'm a massive Nolan fan so I'm in for anything he does. Tenet was a bit too mind bending for my tastes and also had a sheer lack of character in the script. That was obviously to simulate the spy environment, but it just detached me too much, compared to my favourite work of his- Inception. I'm interested to see what he does with this historical event, and it is an absolutely insane cast.

Good for Cillian Murphy too, he's been fantastic in all of Nolan's movies that he's been in and I'm excited for him to get a lead role in a massive production like this.

I love cillian too, Nolan isn't the perfect director, but the way he realises his vision in each film amazes me. Aside from the Batman films, I enjoyed tenet as it's just bonkers and cool, and interstellar stands out for its take on time itself, I can't get enough Nolan

I've grown a bit weary of Nolan's movie-making-stunts... sometimes it feels he's more interested in his "mind games" rather than in telling a good story, and that becomes boring.

Having said that, he's a brilliant filmmaker, and I'm looking forward to this.

Nolan would recreate the AB for the sake of practical effects :lol

ELTarXY.jpg

That'll be quite the accomplishment to make this story a riveting cinematic experience. "When the first bomb goes off will the atoms keep splitting across the entire globe wiping out all human life??? I don't know, let's watch the movie to see if...we still exist," lol.

Looks OK but nothing special. Nolan needs to get back into more Sci-fi kinds of films but he's run out of high concept ideas. I think.
His last two films were good but nothing that stunned me like previous outings. I think he is just meandering right now looking for Bond or something really special.

Back