Oniri Créations: The Terminator (Schwarzenegger) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's much better, but still need to see the finished product. This is fully sculpted, correct? (no mixed media)
Yes sir.

I like the reworked HS but I am not entirely sold on the pose. The PF is better in that regard (IMO).

Last edited:
Good to know. They did a real nice job sculpting the clothes then. Very lifelike IMO.

I think the pose is good, nothing spectacular, but very good. It works for the character and scene, very straight forward.

- Added expense for something that I won't use
- Hassle of installing batteries or ugly plug in
- I would never leave batteries in a expensive collectible for fear of corrosion
- If you ever have to sell it, it's just another thing you have to worry about going wrong

My 1/4 Enterbay BD Terminator and HT DX13 has a light up eye and I never use them either. I know a lot of collectors love light up gimmicks, but they've never impressed me.:dunno
This is already way overpriced, so a light-up feature should already be included. $1000 for a 1/4 piece is really pushing it. So aside from costs you don’t want to change the batteries? There’s plenty of alternatives out there so that isn’t necessarily a common concern anymore.

I quite like how they incorporated the endoskeleton chest and back areas into the base. The detail is fairly good for the limited space and if you look close enough in the chest plate you can actually see the vertebrae!

I think it's a nice little extra for endoskeleton enthusiasts :)

The detail is still visible through the glasses I believe. From their website:

"Although he wears his famous sunglasses, the details of the Terminator’s human eye as well as the cybernetic eye are there and pushed to the maximum."
Yeah you can subtlety see it. Definitely gives it that extra creep factor. I wouldn't want to remove the glasses, it won't be movie accurate and it just seems more unsettling when you can just slightly notice it.

Suppose it does have a light up feature, I wonder would the red led be visible behind the black glasses. Or would it looked scattered and blurred out instead?

In the promo pics of prime 1 police shoot out, you can see the red light behind the sunglasses, though being 1/2 scale perhaps the light source is stronger than a 1/4 scale?

Damit, now that looks good.

Won't order it just yet, have to see the final product, and then decide, if any left by the time they reveal

Yeah you can subtlety see it. Definitely gives it that extra creep factor. I wouldn't want to remove the glasses, it won't be movie accurate and it just seems more unsettling when you can just slightly notice it.

Suppose it does have a light up feature, I wonder would the red led be visible behind the black glasses. Or would it looked scattered and blurred out instead?

In the promo pics of prime 1 police shoot out, you can see the red light behind the sunglasses, though being 1/2 scale perhaps the light source is stronger than a 1/4 scale?
I've seen a modded sideshow statue where someone added a red LED behind the glasses and it was visible through the glasses. Looked cool.

Yes sir.

I like the reworked HS but I am not entirely sold on the pose. The PF is better in that regard (IMO).
lol I actually have the PF but prefer the pose on this.

Despite owning the PF, I kind of want this (not sure why), but that price is extremely off-putting, and it doesn't come out until end of next year. Its a long time to wait and trust that they'll deliver.

to make it worse, none of the images on the website look like an actual painted statue, they all look like digital renders, so we have no idea what the finished product will look like. For Australians, this is a $1400 statue. It's a huge gamble.

lol I actually have the PF but prefer the pose on this.

Despite owning the PF, I kind of want this (not sure why), but that price is extremely off-putting, and it doesn't come out until end of next year. Its a long time to wait and trust that they'll deliver.
I also own the PF. :) Like you I am not against a modern take of that particular T-800.

The money asked for this quarter scale statue is quite difficult to swallow but I have faith in Oniri’s work. Let’s say they are not Chronicles! On the bright side, I can spread the cost of the item throughout the year. Plus, I can easily get a refund if I don’t like what I see (I’m located in the EU). All in all, almost a safe purchase.

to make it worse, none of the images on the website look like an actual painted statue, they all look like digital renders, so we have no idea what the finished product will look like. For Australians, this is a $1400 statue. It's a huge gamble.
I think the website images are of a painted piece, but the translucent resin they're using combined with the stylized paint style (which can be seen on their anime stuff) makes it look more streamlined and artificial than the average statue.

It's a $299 deposit or $400 (depending on which Aussie store you order from). I'm willing to take a gamble :)

Not the most complicated sculpt nor highest difficulty paint job (compared to the pred or joker). They also have sideshows PF as a reference if needed lol

Small ES too, I'm not confident it'll still be there by the time of release in 2 years. That's not a gamble I'm willing to take ;-)

Compared to say the Darkside terminator line, double the price and no show on any terminator statue so far, very dissapointing :-(

I also own the PF. :) Like you I am not against a modern take of that particular T-800.

The money asked for this quarter scale statue is quite difficult to swallow but I have faith in Oniri’s work. Let’s say they are not Chronicles! On the bright side, I can spread the cost of the item throughout the year. Plus, I can easily get a refund if I don’t like what I see (I’m located in the EU). All in all, almost a safe purchase.
Are you getting this as well? I mean it's so similar, it's hard to justify the cost for essentially the same statue but with a slightly different pose. I do think their updated sculpt is better than Sideshow's though, which is already awesome.

I think the website images are of a painted piece, but the translucent resin they're using combined with the stylized paint style (which can be seen on their anime stuff) makes it look more streamlined and artificial than the average statue.
It's a bit hard to tell, but it honestly doesn't look real to me. I used to work for an advertising agency and they had a team of 3D artists who would make digital renders like this but for car ads, and whilst they looked incredibly photorealistic, after seeing so many of them I could tell which ones were digital renders and which ones were real photos. This just looks like a coloured render to me. Especially if you look at the close up of the head sculpt. It looks cartoonish. It doesn't make sense to use translucent resin for a lifelike effect and then paint it in a way that looks animated. Their Robocop looked the same, but when I saw the finished product it looked much more realistic.

Because of how nice the paint on Robocop turned out I have faith they will do a good job on this, I'm just concerned about the paint on the clothes as it needs to be as realistic as possible to sell the illusion of real clothes and not sculpted.

It's a $299 deposit or $400 (depending on which Aussie store you order from). I'm willing to take a gamble :)

Not the most complicated sculpt nor highest difficulty paint job (compared to the pred or joker). They also have sideshows PF as a reference if needed lol

Small ES too, I'm not confident it'll still be there by the time of release in 2 years. That's not a gamble I'm willing to take ;-)

Compared to say the Darkside terminator line, double the price and no show on any terminator statue so far, very dissapointing :-(
Other than Sugo, who else is selling it? Did you order?

You're right, it's not a complicated sculpt or paint job, but Prime 1 have proven that it doesn't matter, you can still screw it up in production lol.

I just struggle to understand how a 1/4 fully sculpted polystone statue can cost this much. I would understand if it's mixed media and they used real leather jacket etc, but the price on this just doesn't make sense to me. The Sideshow piece actually looks more realistic because of the mixed media.

I went with Sugo to get another $50 off. The deposit is higher ($400 vs Akimomo $299) but I'm confident these Oniri guys will deliver. For me, I liked just about everything but the head, they won me over with the updated sculpt. My only gripe is I wouldn't mind a chest bullet wound, like how prime 1 did theirs.

Though it would be a much tougher buy if I owned the sideshow PF. I agree it's not a cheap piece, costs have gone up heaps, for everything, not just statues, the pandemic exacerbated it further. Shipping prices is ass right now.

I think if prime 1 were to do this it wouldn't cost any less, same with QS. JND would be 1/3 scale which would cost at least double this price, esp if they use silicone. Darkside being 1/3 is also quite expensive and out of the group mentioned, I've got the least faith in them. I need something that is Arnie in my collection, a metal endoskeleton is not really Arnie lol. So not a hard decision for me. But I can understand the difficult decision for other collectors who have the sideshow PF or Prime 1s 1/2 scale (if I had that beast, I would probably pass on this).

Yeah, I'm holding off until the final prototype pics. In ways I think the PF has a better pose and I really want a terminator but I might not get this one and wait for Prime 1, Blitzway or Darkside do another 1/4 scale witch a couple of switch outs. It might take a while but I think I'm going to wait :(

Is it just me or does the endo portion look crooked? Like the bottom is rotated towards the center?

I went with Sugo to get another $50 off. The deposit is higher ($400 vs Akimomo $299) but I'm confident these Oniri guys will deliver. For me, I liked just about everything but the head, they won me over with the updated sculpt. My only gripe is I wouldn't mind a chest bullet wound, like how prime 1 did theirs.

Though it would be a much tougher buy if I owned the sideshow PF. I agree it's not a cheap piece, costs have gone up heaps, for everything, not just statues, the pandemic exacerbated it further. Shipping prices is ass right now.

I think if prime 1 were to do this it wouldn't cost any less, same with QS. JND would be 1/3 scale which would cost at least double this price, esp if they use silicone. Darkside being 1/3 is also quite expensive and out of the group mentioned, I've got the least faith in them. I need something that is Arnie in my collection, a metal endoskeleton is not really Arnie lol. So not a hard decision for me. But I can understand the difficult decision for other collectors who have the sideshow PF or Prime 1s 1/2 scale (if I had that beast, I would probably pass on this).
If you don't own an Arnie piece or a Terminator piece in general then it makes sense, although I believe you can still get the PF on aftermarket from time to time at reasonable prices.

I'm still somewhat tempted, but will hold off for now. Hoping they show the final thing with updated headsculpt. I thought their production Robocop looked quite good.

If you don't own an Arnie piece or a Terminator piece in general then it makes sense, although I believe you can still get the PF on aftermarket from time to time at reasonable prices.

I'm still somewhat tempted, but will hold off for now. Hoping they show the final thing with updated headsculpt. I thought their production Robocop looked quite good.
The PF is badass but personally I prefer more of a front on museum type pose.

Their robo looks great. Not cheap, but the quality is there. If these guys do a 1/4 alien I'll be super tempted as it'd complete my alien, pred and terminator trio fantasy. I said prime 1/3 pred is my last statue, but man these companies are doing a great job at making me break my own promise haha.

I sold off my Sideshow PF years ago when I moved. It was a very underrated piece if you ask me. Not perfect, but one of the best Arnold Terminators ever produced. The pleather jacket would not survive in my current warm and 60% humid climate. I need fully sculpted pieces or if it's going to be mixed media and it's imitating leather, it must be real leather or the pleather just disintegrate.

I'll be keeping an eye on this piece as I currently don't have any Arnold representations at all in my collection and he's my favorite movie star.

Hopefully, this turns out great and he's still available, although the price is a bit much if you ask me.

Back