Oniri Créations: The Terminator (Schwarzenegger) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m soooo happy!. I’ll stick with my sideshow one, its much better! Can’t wait for the Prime 1.

The lips and chin are way off, don’t look like Arnold, a cartoon terminator.

I do like the pose, body and clothing sculpt and pain job, but shame its not him.

Saved my self some cash.

I
I’m soooo happy!. I’ll stick with my sideshow one, its much better! Can’t wait for the Prime 1.

I do like the pose, body and clothing sculpt and pain job, but shame its not him.

Saved my self some cash.
Yeah if anything I’d imagine this increasing the value of SS version. It at least has realistic proportions and a more simplistic base.

Looks so similar to the Sideshow one, but over twice the MSRP, and has fewer display options. I returned the SSC one due to issues with the jacket, but would choose that one over this one from what I'm seeing here.

Saved my self some cash.
Pretty much this, a good looking Looney tunes Arnie terminator. Too much for 1k. I don't want some PG rated terminator, I want the R18+ version!

Pretty much this, a good looking Looney tunes Arnie terminator. Too much for 1k. I don't want some PG rated terminator, I want the R18+ version!
Exactly, Im with you on that one!

I like everything except the head. Oh well, money saved. The Sideshow statue still reigns supreme, if you got one without major issues.

I still love mine, and it still gets attention from visitors when they see it for the first time.

Face is too long and clean?? I dont know its weird.

Its not awful. It looks more like Arnold then the proto pics from Sideshow way back when. That ended up looking great in hand.

maxresdefault.jpg

the-terminator_terminator_feature.jpg

Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00012.jpg

The attitude of the Sideshow sells the character well. He looks like a mean, angular dude with murderous intent and that's the right vibe. Plus Trevor Grove's raw sculpt is unquestionably Arnold.

Oniri looks goofy by comparison. Not entirely a caricature, but not imposing either.

The attitude of the Sideshow sells the character well. He looks like a mean, angular dude with murderous intent and that's the right vibe. Plus Trevor Grove's raw sculpt is unquestionably Arnold.

Oniri looks goofy by comparison. Not entirely a caricature, but not imposing either.
I loved that SSC PF. One of my biggest selling regrets.

I still think this one could be so much better if they shaved down that Jay Leno chin.

Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00013 (4).jpg
Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00013 (6).jpg

Now I am not saying it perfects it... But it improves it a lot IMO.

Did some 'Shopping.

Very easy fixes. Given how much simpler this was to edit than Prime 1's photos, I think Oniri got more things right, it's just that the areas they got wrong are more distracting.

There are some shots in the film where the chin looks sizable. I think bringing the bottom of it up while keeping the chin "bump" big is the key. Straightening the jaw and bringing in the cheek fat also helps minimize the look of it.

oniri_t800_edit1.gif

oniri_t800_edit2.gif

Last edited:
Wonder if these guys take feedback? Some tweaks and it'll look a lot better.

A nice video of the updated prototype would also be nice. But I guess it'll probably sell out either way lol

A nice video of the updated prototype would also be nice.
Are we expecting a prototype update?

But I guess it'll probably sell out either way lol
That's my concern. It's already got some good angles, plus the ES is low. I can see this being good enough for 500 people.

But man, these tweaks would literally take fifteen minutes in ZBrush. They're so close. The bones are there, they just need to be nudged a bit.

Did some 'Shopping.

Very easy fixes. Given how much simpler this was to edit than Prime 1's photos, I think Oniri got more things right, it's just that the areas they got wrong are more distracting.

There are some shots in the film where the chin looks sizable. I think bringing the bottom of it up while keeping the chin "bump" big is the key. Straightening the jaw and bringing in the cheek fat also helps minimize the look of it.

View attachment 555835

View attachment 555836
Boom… There he is. Arnie in all his glory. I would get it if they would make the changes

That's my concern. It's already got some good angles, plus the ES is low. I can see this being good enough for 500 people.

But man, these tweaks would literally take fifteen minutes in ZBrush. They're so close. The bones are there, they just need to be nudged a bit.
I’ll be shocked if there are 500 people willing to spend a grand on this monstrosity. If it were half that price I’d still have to strongly consider it. Your tweaks look awesome though, good job.

Unlikely it's just my wishful thinking 😂

At the same time I don't think we are asking for too much, the attention batman and joker get (dark knight). Terminator got a lot of attention in 00s, just wished it continued as sculpts have improved significantly since then.

Those edits show that it has potential, well done @Blade3327 . Still, the Sideshow piece is king. I'm looking at mine right now, and it still impresses me after all these years. The point of re-making an older character/statue is to IMPROVE using new technology and painting techniques, as statues have become vastly more realistic now compared to what was coming out 10 years ago. This statue doesn't do any of that.

The Sideshow PF came out 10 years ago, yet its still better than this. If Blitzway or QS did one, I have no doubt they'd do an amazing job. Otherwise, I think if anyone wants a T1 T800 statue, go find the Sideshow PF as its still the best representation of the character. Just make sure you find one with the jacket in good condition.

You should post these on their Facebook. People say they are good at listening.
Would love to, but could someone else do it?

Might sound silly, but I'm a 3D artist and would like to one day sculpt collectibles as a secondary gig. I'd rather not have a reputation for annoying companies by posting edits to their public feeds. :lol

Heck, Prime 1 blocked me from commenting on their FB page after asking an innocuous price question.

Back