Oniri Créations: The Terminator (Schwarzenegger) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we're gonna come under fire from the ''wait for more pics/wait till you have it in hand/still don't like it? So why'd you buy it?'' crowd but that pic looks worse the smaller it is. Look at it in thumbnail form on your computer. The mouth region......

There is always a silver lining.... If it does look great, I will be pre ordering depending on the price... If it does not look that great, I will save the money and get something else. Either way, we'll be okay. Oniri really screwed up adding that filter. If you want people to be excited about a new product then show things that make people go "Wow!!!" and not "WTF??"

I think their Robocop is nice but I questioned them when they did pretty much the same pose as PCS one. I thought they missed an opportunity. It's like they don't want to put a lot of thought into it... "Let's do the same pose as Sideshow but instead make him point the gun forward instead of to the side" Then they decided that make people go "What?" when showing the teasers was a good idea.... Specially after have a 1K price point for the 1/4 Robocop.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole thing but I have to say that I'm not that optimistic about it :(

Same thing Shoo said. Likeness is indeed based on Arnold's appearance in the first film and was approved by him. This photo was given a filter to match the movie poster, wait until the official photos.
Thanks for the translation.

Hm, it does look cartoony.

Terminator-QSC-statue-oniri-creations.jpg

Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00011.jpg

Full gallery HERE.

The paint seems a bit stylized, but I think the sculpt itself is more responsible for making it look cartoony. 70€ cheaper than the Robocop, but it's not good enough to justify the price.

I don't care for the base either. The tiles are ok, but the cross-section of "endo details" is too busy IMO.

Nice pose, though. Wouldn't be a bad statue if it were 30% cheaper.

Strongest angle is probably this one:

Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00009.jpg

Last edited:
The paint seems a bit stylized, but I think the sculpt itself is more responsible for making it look cartoony. €75 cheaper than the Robocop, but it's not good enough to justify the price.

I don't care for the base either. The tiles are ok, but the cross-section of "endo details" is too busy IMO.

Nice pose, though. Wouldn't be a bad statue if it were 30% cheaper.

Strongest angle is probably this one:

Terminator-statue-oniri-creations00009.jpg
That was exactly the pic I thought looked best.

It's better than the Prime One mutant, I'll say that much. The body build looks nice, I like the crease of the vest under his man-chest and the pants are the right colour. The general shape of the hair is probably better than anyone else has done it.

The mouth area is a caricature however.

I think I might take a chance on this. There are good angles and I am expecting the factory paint to look different anyway. If it comes to it, I could have the head professionally painted. Great painters can make such a huge difference.

This looks like complete trash. Why can’t good companies get the terminator License? Darkside collectibles, and now this obomination? It looks like they intentionally made it look like a caricature of Arnold instead of basing it off of what he actually looked like in the film. Look at the size of his chin lol.

I don't know what to say, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look great either. Take 1/3 off the price I may take a bite but this feels underwhelming. The endo eye is very hard to see and you cannot remove the glasses, kind of pointless.

It just doesn't suspend my belief, even for a second, that I am looking at a real terminator in my living room. Too clean, not enough grit. A silicone head may not have been a bad option, may bring out that menacing sweating t-800 head. Or maybe go a little more on the zombie side with the skin tone, just a tad more greyish/ghoulish. It just doesn't look like death coming to the door and at this price point, I need those vibes when looking at it.

They literally have Sideshow Collectibles tagged in all of their Instagram pics lol.
Hashtags are free advertising, you gotta do what you gotta do. :lol

Looking at it more, I'm not fond of how the jacket fits either. Feels droopy and thin, not quite enough structure to it. At the other extreme, you have Prime 1's which is enormous.

I really wish the lower portion of the face was better, it's the only thing holding me back. It looks like a caricature and that base is boring and uninspired.

Now for what I do like, I love how well sculpted the physique and clothes are. The jacket, shirt and pants look so much like real fabric, it's impressive.

The fantastic sculpting of that jacket gives me hope that one day we will see a fully sculpted Indiana Jones without a deteriorating jacket like that Raiders PF sideshow did. (That's also one Oniri could steal a pose from and I would be okay with it)

This thing is a mess. The body looks overly long too. If it was half the price they were asking this would still be a tough sell in my book.

This looks like complete trash. Why can’t good companies get the terminator License? Darkside collectibles, and now this obomination? It looks like they intentionally made it look like a caricature of Arnold instead of basing it off of what he actually looked like in the film. Look at the size of his chin lol.
LOL now I can't unsee his chin, my eyes keep fixating on it haha

Back