Oniri Créations: RoboCop (1987) 1:4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radio silence from Oniri from a very long time. No update on their Terminator with the new headsculpt either. They revealed the new head 2 years ago.

How is their track record in the past for their other statues? Delays too?

I'm not familiar with them other than the Terminator and Robocop but I see they have a lot of anime based products.

They haven't posted to their socials since July. The last post before that was December '22. I don't trust a company that goes silent for half a year, for all we know they could go under in that time.

Apparently, Oniri Creations has gone into liquidation.

Auto-translated from French:

figurine-collector said:
Hello everyone, last night we learned that the manufacturer Oniri Creation has gone into liquidation.
We are sorry for all our customers who have ordered these pieces for several years and who, despite the wait, will not be able to add these statues to their collection.

Despite the near-certainty of losing our advance payments to Oniri, we want to reassure our customers that those who trusted us by buying from us were right and that they will lose nothing unlike us.

We will therefore assume our responsibilities for the active pre-orders concerned and offer:

- A credit note on the website or on any future order
- A refund

We will process the requests received by email as and when they are received and as quickly as possible. However, given the number of orders concerned, we would ask you for a certain amount of indulgence in the time taken to reply to your emails.

Thank you for your understanding and support

Collector News said:
Is Oniri Créations finished?

According to information I was able to consult this morning, the French studio has been in receivership since 15 January 2024. This information should be taken with a grain of salt, however, as liquidation does not necessarily mean permanent closure. A liquidator is generally appointed to find a solution for repaying all creditors, with priority given to suppliers and banks before customers.

If, unfortunately, closure is confirmed, customers will suffer the most, as they are usually the last to be reimbursed in the event of liquidation. This raises concerns about pre-orders, particularly those placed directly with the manufacturer, which could be lost in the event of closure.

It is regrettable that the company is not taking the trouble to communicate a denial or, in the worst case, a warning to its customers. This lack of transparency is in stark contrast to the image the company portrays of itself as transparent and close to its community, which has supported it for years both on social networks and financially.

Our thoughts also go out to the company's employees, who will find themselves in a difficult situation and to whom we wish the best possible recovery.

It is to be hoped that the situation will evolve favourably, but it is important to remain attentive to developments in this case.

Apparently, Oniri Creations has gone into liquidation.

Auto-translated from French:

Sounds like the Chronicle Collectibiles situation all over again - we're screwed.

Darn, I had this Robocop on order at SpecFic.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Chronicle Collectibiles situation all over again - we're screwed.

Darn, I had this Robocop on order at SpecFic.
You should be ok then if you ordered through SpeFic

Didn't Dark Spidey paint this and didn't he also vanish with people's money/figures?

Some French guys living not far from the Oniri’s facilities came to see and everything was closed, with all the protos under display cases and statues in their boxes but no one anymore.
Some guys working in neighboring facilities said that the guys from Oniri vanished overnight…
😕

Last edited:
Does he usually give refunds or store credit?
As you've purchased from a retailer, you should be able to get full refund and the deposit back. Depends on the company you got it from, some will do credit, but in this case, as its the manufacturing company falling thru, you should get refund back. They should reach out to you, but if they have not contact them.

As you've purchased from a retailer, you should be able to get full refund and the deposit back. Depends on the company you got it from, some will do credit, but in this case, as its the manufacturing company falling thru, you should get refund back. They should reach out to you, but if they have not contact them.

Does the retailer pay a deposit (until the item ships) to the manufacturer/distributor or are they on the hook for the full amount when they place the orders for their customers?

I wonder if there's still hope of any Robocop or other Oniri inventory left to sell.

When Chronicle Collectibles shutdown, Sideshow still carried some items that were not officially released yet - the Jurassic Park T-Rex Rotunda statue. In retrospect, I should of gotten the Prime 1 version but the CC was the better "value."

In november 2022 Oniri wrote on their website that the factory had started the production of RoboCop and the first deliveries would be in the first quarter of 2024 .. a lot of statues weren't even made because Oniri stopped paying the factory, so I'm afraid they lied to us about the production of our RoboCop statue.

I got this info from a FB group:

First picture :
Stocks available at the factory! Within the week we should know if it is possible for us to repatriate for our customers see more... By dealing directly with the factory.
Second photo:
Unfortunately we have confirmation that the factory in charge of the projects did not produce anything due to non-payment Oniri...
Thank you for your trust and patience in this matter.

Link: Log into Facebook

Attachments

• 421317648_834355168703996_7359875170106772401_n (1).jpg
    421317648_834355168703996_7359875170106772401_n (1).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 419341195_834355132037333_8172136470232964126_n.jpg
    419341195_834355132037333_8172136470232964126_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Back