okieh2 collection and customs / Luke from Mandalorian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome stuff! One of the cleanest Kyle Katarn customs I've seen for sure. Skiff Guards also look great. Impressed by the color matching you've managed there.

What's the book you're using to reference your skiff guards? Looks very handy!

Awesome stuff! One of the cleanest Kyle Katarn customs I've seen for sure. Skiff Guards also look great. Impressed by the color matching you've managed there.

What's the book you're using to reference your skiff guards? Looks very handy!
Thanks a lot!!

The book is called
Star Wars Costumes
The original Trilogy
Brandon Alinger

Have finished a few more: Kithaba, Barada, Kyle Katarn - thanks to Chakaman and Cagoda for the inspiration how to best approach the Skiff guards

This might be the best 1/6 scale "Doggy-guard" custom I've seen so far. Holds up really well next to that reference pic as well.

Hey, this looks great. Can you tell me more about what you've done here? What belt is that? Did you scratch build the wrist comm? The vest/jacket, did you alter the original or make a new one?
Thanks!!

Helmet: take out inner part and re-glue in the right position- paint cloth and shield darker to match accurate color

Shirt: weathering with acrylic washes

Vest: heavy weathering with washes dry brush and pastels

Gear: all repainted in OD green and weathered with washes, dry brush and pastels- silver parts dry brush with silver
New belt that matches the original
Additional pouches (all painted and weathered

Pants: airbrush black camo in order to match the original- additional weathering

Gaiters: weathering with washes and pastels

Blaster: new sling + weathering with silver

It looks great. I'm looking to do the Endor troopers too. Do you remember what belt you used?

If the rifle the original Sideshow?

Last edited:
It looks great. I'm looking to do the Endor troopers too. Do you remember what belt you used?

If the rifle the original Sideshow?
Yeah - sideshow weathered + new sling
Some modern belt I got from a parts dealer in Europe
You can almost use any od green cloth belt

In the book mentioned above there is a great reference pic showing every detail of the original uniform

Back