Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised how weak of a seller those figures were. Especially Grindlewald since Depp figures are always popular.

Hot Toys may do something for the new Film, however there is no chance it would do the old movie characters. They simply would not sell high numbers like they would for Star Wars and Marvel.
Not all Depp HT figures sold well. I remember Ichabod Crain being not very popular. And Sweeney Todd, too.

I am surprised how weak of a seller those figures were. Especially Grindlewald since Depp figures are always popular.

Hot Toys may do something for the new Film, however there is no chance it would do the old movie characters. They simply would not sell high numbers like they would for Star Wars and Marvel.
Yea those figures are actually quite excellent figures showcasing some of HT best tailoring work in recent years IMO. I have them both. However, I will say, I don’t have my HT Newt displayed, I have the Star Ace one displayed instead. HT one is still in the box.

If HT does in fact have the FB3 license (and didn’t just post the trailer b/c they felt like it) I hope we actually get a Dumbledore this time considering he is the title character this go around.

I like Mads Mikkelson, but he looks pretty boring as Grindelwald compared to Depp’s interpretation. From the trailer, he looks like a normal dude. Even Collin Ferrell’s wardrobe was more interesting as Graves/Grindlewald in FB1 than what we’ve seen of Mads Mikkelson’s look so far.

Oh man thank god they lost the license. Is that why I can't sell my Draco on ebay lol? Everybody is waiting on new announcements? Well count me in.

The state of my collection at a moment in time (minus the teen big three which are in another room, and Bellatrix, Remus, and a Dementor which I picked up after this pic was taken)

6934803E-B92B-4316-90C9-38D6513F7C9F.png

Oh, and Griphook! Got him a bit later as well!

Last edited:
I still need to pick up Moody. After watching the reunion special on HBOMax, I’m sorta thinking about picking up Triwizard Harry as well

For those who did not believe Star Ace is over with Harry Potter figures. I asked them directly myself.

If you still dont believe this is legit, you can easily write them yourself an email or Facebook message as I did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-223948_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-223948_Messenger.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The thing is, just b/c Star Ace no longer has the license doesn't mean someone else picked it up. We hope someone did, but it could just mean we won't get new 1/6 Harry Potter figures for quite some time.

Last edited:
Sadly, I've been thinking that same thing.

As much as I would love Asmus to pick up the license, especially as they seem to be running out of LOTR figures to make, I don't know if anyone is going to want to pay for that license right now. Might be awhile before we get some new stuff.

Sadly, I've been thinking that same thing.

As much as I would love Asmus to pick up the license, especially as they seem to be running out of LOTR figures to make, I don't know if anyone is going to want to pay for that license right now. Might be awhile before we get some new stuff.
If ever.
Asmus is devoted to LOTR. It seems to me, they are doing it more out of love, than for a spectacular gain. Same, as EXO-6 with Trek. So... we will have to wait for someone, who loves HP that much.

Just had them both out and couldn’t resist!

Choose your champion!
I hate those games of "who would beat who", when the parameters of both their powers are so fantasy. Whoever the author would have felt like it)) But probably, vibranium would make a good anti-Avada shield)))

Back