Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s my sculpt that Shane did an amazing job on! It’s the ThreeQ Magic Lady head.
Star Ace should be ashamed of themselves.
I thought their latest Hermione was terrible but now seeing what was done here makes their releases even more unacceptable.

Congrats! I plan on getting her as well. Shane Poole aka OneSixthSalon, repainted and rehaired a sculpt (not sure what sculpt this is) and it actually looks really good for 3rd year Hermione to me. It's astounding the difference some paint and hair tweaking can do.

170978065_394235011903196_5664049011036971930_n.jpg

That’s my sculpt that Shane did an amazing job on! It’s the ThreeQ Magic Lady head.

very nice, but now you’re gonna make me post my THREEQ Hermione (again) and I’ll be run out of town on a rail!

Kltrooper what did you do with her?
She looks good :)
Thank you! Had her eyes, eye brows, and lips repainted and futzed with the hair. Pretty small changes actually but definitely made a nice improvement.

:horror Blimey that doesn’t look good at all! :monkey4 Really don’t know what went wrong with this line as their earlier figures were really good.

I've said it before, but SA need to release the child trio again, but with relevant accessories like steamer trunks, platform 9 1/3 trollies and winter scarves. The Halloween and Christmas versions were a bit random tbh

Nah, what they need is to hire better sculptors and painters.

Or better yet, lose the license altogether. Maybe threezero can pick it up and give us Deathly Hallows versions of the trio. Their recent Walking Dead figures look great, and they're clearly comfortable releasing figures in muggle clothes.

Hello fellow freaks!

I don't know if this is the right thread to post but am looking for a Star Ace Dumbledore 2.0( Gambon version SA0023). If anybody wants to part with one or knows anybody willing to sell one then please do let me know through a pm. Happy collecting! 😊

Hello fellow freaks!

I don't know if this is the right thread to post but am looking for a Star Ace Dumbledore 2.0( Gambon version SA0023). If anybody wants to part with one or knows anybody willing to sell one then please do let me know through a pm. Happy collecting! 😊
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to part with theirs and if you do, it won't be cheap. He's one of the more sought after in the line now, which (like many figures in this line) no one really wanted while it was available and was even discounted very low, but now that he's been sold out, he's impossible to find. There was one on ebay a few months ago that didn't even include his podium that sold for about $300-$350. At this point, I'm hoping for a reissue like they're doing with Voldemort and Triwizard Harry. I didn't collect the line when it was around so unfortunately, I missed out on him as well.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but SA need to release the child trio again, but with relevant accessories like steamer trunks, platform 9 1/3 trollies and winter scarves. The Halloween and Christmas versions were a bit random tbh
I would gladly take zero accessories with each figure in exchange for head sculpts that actually look like the characters.

So that makes at least three of us looking for Gambon Dumbledore haha! He will probably get a re-release as Christmas Dumbledore and come with a new inferior head sculpt but here’s hoping that he gets a straight re-release.

After only having Snape (with Medicom head) for years I’ve recently taken the plunge and am getting really into this line. A lot of the early releases are good and can look really awesome with a re-paint. Wish DH Harry Ron and Hermione existed but will probably go custom with those. It would be nice if the trio from order of the Phoenix had been made too as that was probably the definitive older look for the kids in hogwarts uniforms.

Ive re-read the entire thread and there are surprisingly few pictures in it or for that matter pictures or videos of peoples collections on the internet. I’d be very keen to see how collectors have displayed their figures if anyone would be kind enough to show their figures on here. Always happy to see customisation of existing figures too or re-paints.

One thing that has really stood out from my ‘research’ is that these figures must sell mostly to potterheads who don’t really collect this scale. They seem more willing to put up with / accept the subpar paint apps of recent figures and in some cases the less than stellar sculpts too. The other trend I’ve noticed is that most figures tend to end up in their forever homes which is why there isn’t much of a re-selling market once they sell out (especially for the better figures). Not good for someone joining the line late in the day! Probably also one of the reasons why Star Ace has managed to go so deep into the line over the years despite the lack of adoration from normy 1/6 collectors after the initial couple of years of releases.

To me, these are very much like Sideshow figures as in they're great base to start with. But to get the most out of them, they need to be modded.

Here's a list of mods I've done:
  • Snape: retailored outer coat and added padded under suit. Switched hands to HT Grindewald. I have a medicom sculpt to repaint, just haven't gotten to it yet. For anyone wondering, the Snape 2.0 fabric is much better than the 1.0 (I have both).
  • Sirius OotP: Retailored jacket and added real metal buttons to jacket and vest. Real leather belt with modified and repainted belt buckle. Modified the ankles to accept standard ball joints and changed the boots. Switched hands to HT Grindewald
  • Newt: Added real leather elements to blue coat. Added Suspenders to pants and gave pants a cuff at bottom. Switched glued on plastic vest buttons to real metal buttons. Modified the ankles to accept standard ball joints and changed to HT boots. Switched hands to HT Newt hands.

I still plan to repaint all the SA headsculpts just not enough spare time. Whenever the reissue of Triwizard Harry releases, I plan to pick up the headsculpt, remove the hair (it looks like it's separate from the head) and sculpt his hair to be like either OotP or HBP.

Aside from Gambon Dumbledore, I still need to pick up Lupin. I might pick up teen Hermione and teen Ron eventually since seems like we won't be getting any other versions of them if Cedric is in fact their final new figure.

Last edited:
I would gladly take zero accessories with each figure in exchange for head sculpts that actually look like the characters.
Thats a great idea. Asmus did something similar for their "slim" LOTR line. Gotta give those guys credit for listening to the collectors

I would gladly take head sculpts that at least look like their stunt doubles…or even looked like random Warner Bros executives dressed up like the characters for the company Halloween party.
These are so bad they don’t even look like real people, let alone the characters that they are supposed to be representing.

Well, working nights worked out for me once again just like it did with Voldemort (still can't believe I got him for only $90). Right before going to sleep, I saw a new listing on eBay for Gambon Dumbledore for only $200USD coming from Popcultcha in Australia. It's missing the Elderwand but I have extras in my parts bin, so no biggie. I didn't have a good experience with Popcultcha on my first order with them years ago and I'm hoping this will turn out better. I'll at least have eBay buyer protection if anything goes wrong. With that said, looking forward to receiving it and no longer having to search for this one anymore (hopefully).

Back