Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the uniform Luna and that is one of my biggest gripes about both her and Ginny, that they used the first year bodies, when the dolls are supposed to be from the later movies. I don't understand why they didn't put them on the same body they used for Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione.

Nice picture kltrooper :)
Yes, I do agree with the body.
I bought the uniform Ginny and pretend she is from COS.
But I want the casual Luna, and all I can find on ebay is the school uniform one.
DSCN3800b.jpg

Nice picture kltrooper :)
Yes, I do agree with the body.
I bought the uniform Ginny and pretend she is from COS.
But I want the casual Luna, and all I can find on ebay is the school uniform one.

Thank you! Yeah I also use my Ginny for the Chamber of Secrets. But her face unfortunately has that older look.
Screenshot_20210518-180923_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210518-180941_Instagram.jpg

Its Mattel, but may be useful for display props. I'll certainly get the Dobby as its very affordable.
7794b8ade29f5e624a35b71f1eaef621.jpg
55b5f064cd842bea29421b52b18b7c66.jpg

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

My fear remains that I?ll continue to pick up one or two more of these Star Ace releases to satisfy the completionist in me, and then, at some point in the future, an ACTUAL high-end 1/6 figure producer will pick up the license and I?ll have to re-buy the entire line :crying

That's why I only bought what I felt could stand alongside a Hot Toys figure and go toe to toe. PoA Harry holds his own against my ANH Luke. Quidditch Harry also is pretty good. And Voldemort I thought was pretty good at the time, and he now resides in his package, because the sculpt could be better, and the body could be better as well. Something about the way the costume draped on that body bothered me. Looked too narrow, I think.

I think so many of their sculpts are actually really decent. The biggest issue with likeness I think has been the paint. With the prices being comparable to hot toys it's a shame the quality can't be closer. Most Hot Toys paint job are really solid but even they can be improved with custom paint jobs. I have sent off some of my HP heads to be worked on and can't wait to get them back to show my whole collection.
Here is my Lupin. It's crazy that just an eye repaint can make them look so much more alive.
Screenshot_20210530-125522_Instagram.jpg

I agree. I think many of their sculpts are solid, but bad paint apps (both prototype and production paint) really take away from the sculpts.

And Voldemort I thought was pretty good at the time, and he now resides in his package, because the sculpt could be better, and the body could be better as well. Something about the way the costume draped on that body bothered me. Looked too narrow, I think.

Voldemort is relatively easy to fix though. I added a padded upper body suit then re-sewed the snaps to fit better and added a tiny snap at the neck to keep the collar closed. He looks so much better now and clothing drapes how it should

Well, it's a more detailed sculpt than what they put out, but it seems more like an animated style. Kinda reminds me of rainman or Serang, how their style was not necessarily realistic, but still finely detailed.

From some angles it looks really good like this one. But straight on not so much and definitely not the pics looking up at the sculpt, but no one really looks good when you point a camera up at their nose :lol

This one isn't for me as he's not an important character for my collection, but overall all I think it looks good, though the shoulders look a little boxy. Odd that they're changing up the stand for this instead of the oval stand.

It would've been cool for the reissue of GOF Harry if they included his final outfit for the maze to go with this figure.

Back