Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0EA4C402-5B6C-4355-B3DE-725674F82B66.jpeg

That's a great looking figure, dang it I want one so bad ! I've never had so much trouble trying to find a figure 😆
It’s definitely one of the hardest figures I’ve ever had to find surprisingly. I actually had to piece mine together in parts from different sources so I don’t have the box or even the casual clothes. Just the uniform look with the wand, Hedwig and the prophecy that came with the Lucius figure.

It’s definitely one of the hardest figures I’ve ever had to find surprisingly. I actually had to piece mine together in parts from different sources so I don’t have the box or even the casual clothes. Just the uniform look with the wand, Hedwig and the prophecy that came with the Lucius figure.
I'm also willing to just buy parts, my initial plan was to buy the head loose and teen Ron and put the Harry head on the Ron figure as I want him in the school uniform but holy cow I can't even find a head ! Even posted on Facebook offering 450 for a figure that can be incomplete and broken as long as the heads okay and still no takers 😅 my next plan is to post on all the popular Harry Potter collector groups, if that doesn't work I'll wait and see if anyone would be more interested in selling theirs once the inart one is shown

Holy cow I finally found an Azkaban Harry it's supposedly brand new, unopened. It cost me a kidney but I think it'll be worth it, now to wait and see if it actually shows up in the mail and is brand new or not
Congrats! I would definitely record a video of you opening it if you have the ability to, so there can be no discrepancy with what you receive in the event that the seller wasn't telling the truth. I've started doing this more and more with rarer items after getting a few figures from eBay that were listed as new that actually weren't.

Congrats! I would definitely record a video of you opening it if you have the ability to, so there can be no discrepancy with what you receive in the event that the seller wasn't telling the truth. I've started doing this more and more with rarer items after getting a few figures from eBay that were listed as new that actually weren't.
That's a really good idea, I might do that

Wooo got my Harry today, was indeed brand new in packaging, I can see why they're so hard to find now, might be Star ace's best figure, only other figures I'll be getting is a lupin and Azkaban Sirius View attachment 599313
Can you post a comparison of them with the regular adult figure please? I want to see how difference the heights are. Thank you :D

Can you post a comparison of them with the regular adult figure please? I want to see how difference the heights are. Thank you :D
Sure ! PS the chamber of secrets Harry is just the stock philosopher's stone figure but I swapped heads and extended the height by a little less than an inch
IMG_20220917_211657~2.jpg

^ Great photo. Two of my favourite Potter figures.

Such a shame they are no longer with us. :cry:
Yes, Robbie Coltrane having just died this week. 😞

The only Star Ace Harry Potter figure I own is Goblet of Fire Harry.

Star Ace had announced a Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione a few years back... the prototype bore a great resemblance ....then, people on here complained it made her look too old...which it did not...so, Star Ace listened to this.. and what came out for release to the public looked nothing like Hermione. In fact, it actually looked like some random 3 rd or 4 th year girl student who was attending Hogwarts!

I cancelled my preorder. I wish the figure had not been changed!

I really wanted " The Golden Trio", but the Azkaban Ron looked nothing like Ron.

At least I have Goblet of Fire Harry Potter... I've seen where some collectors have removed his robes and dressed him in more casual attire... I might do that at some point....

What I wanted very much was 1:6 Deathly Hallows Ron, Hermione, and Harry.. but I know this is highly unlikely to happen ....

Last edited:
They left money on the table by not even attempting to do Deathly Hallows versions of the main trio.

Which might turn out to be a good thing because now a competent company can tackle those.
I wanted Deathly Hallows versions of the Golden Trio very badly!
I still do. I want them done right, though.. wondering who could do this? 🤷‍♂️

I wanted Deathly Hallows versions of the Golden Trio very badly!
I still do. I want them done right, though.. wondering who could do this? 🤷‍♂️

Make no mistake, Star Ace’s marketing department knew with perfect certainty that the Deathly Hallows Big Three was at the very top of just about everyone’s Wish List. But they also knew that they had a limited time with the license and had to maximize sales of all of their releases in order to make the venture a profitable one.

That’s why they decided on the chronological movie order release schedule. They knew that they needed to build the reputation and popularity of the line to bring on loyal customers, and with the strength of KA Kim sculpted pieces like first year Hermione and Harry, they would do just that.

In other words, they knew (with near perfect certainty) that if they released the DH TRIO too early, a SUBSTANTIAL percentage of collectors would bag those, a Dumbledore or two, and then never come back to the line for any more releases.

But what they failed to predict was that SO many of us were content to wait out the earlier movie figures for the most part, hoping the later movie releases with the older Golden Trio would be along any time. So after the initial releases, sales started to head downward, money began to get tight, and all of a sudden they couldn’t afford both periodic payments to continue the license and also to pay for top level sculpting talent like the aforementioned KA KIM.

Then, the death spiral….

Figures not selling up to required levels, third and fourth tier sculptors for later releases make sales fall even more, until finally, inevitably, they reached the point where the could no longer afford to maintain the line, and never got to our grail pieces in the Deathly Hallows.

A tragic tale of what might have been, but here’s hoping InArt will pick up the ball and do it right!

Back