Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ventress has unique character in Clone Wars, but boi that SS figure does look bad, its nothing like her.

State of the Art in 2007, my man. State of the Art.

One day, someone younger and wiser will look at your collection and say: that's why I didn't start collecting until 2023.

Awesome pic as always jedibear!

I just busted my Ventress out of temporary storage last night myself and was thinking how much I like this old figure too.

Would love to get an updated Ventress up to todays standards, but if that never happens, at least she can still hold up with the other villains.
06821d34283e21d8ec0e0a214bcbace6.jpg

Nice pose.:clap I still love this figure as old as it is and now have her locked in battle with the new HT Anakin and for me it actually works quite well.
Surprises me how strong the Anakin body is as I have one hand gripping a Battle Droid off the floor the other hand blocking Ventress double bladed attack. No way a SS armature would do that!

I love seeing this thread come back to life. It made me go back and find my favorite custom of her...

Dedguy did an awesome job with this one.

4590628466_7c2722ac2d_b.jpg

Skirt's more or less done here. It's hard to tell but the underskirt is made from black velvet. The stuff just absorbs light. I want to do a little weathering on the skirt and belt, nothing overboard, just something subtle but am unsure of exactly what/how yet. The belt I also want to do some additional tweaking on, mostly on the leather straps that hang down and also wrap around the main leather girdle section.

I based the skirt and belt loosely on this original concept artwork:
Assajj_concept-art.jpg

I'm also planning on making some bracers from leather to replace the sideshow ones, I'd also like to replace the gorget but am unsure of what to do, maybe leather as well? Head is still unpainted but think it's finally dry. Will paint soon. Will be a fairly simple paint job with white skin, charcoal around the eyes (fixed with dull coat), black lips, and maybe some painting on the face like I mocked up above.

Ventress has unique character in Clone Wars, but boi that SS figure does look bad, its nothing like her.

Actually it looks a lot like her in the first animated Clone Wars "micro series", pretty sure that's what this release was based on.

I love seeing this thread come back to life. It made me go back and find my favorite custom of her...

Dedguy did an awesome job with this one.

Jesus, that custom is beautiful! I would love to have that in my collection man, so jealous!

Nice pose.:clap I still love this figure as old as it is and now have her locked in battle with the new HT Anakin and for me it actually works quite well.
Surprises me how strong the Anakin body is as I have one hand gripping a Battle Droid off the floor the other hand blocking Ventress double bladed attack. No way a SS armature would do that!

Thanks! Your setup sounds awesome, would love to see pics of it.

Would love to see more bounty hunter, night sister, and jedi asajj, as most didnt know those sides to her story nor of her and her husband or if they didnt marry lover. I forget but they were together. And she still looked bad ass

Didn't intend to drag up an old thread but was going through some older Sideshow figures trying to figure out what to get rid of and came across the exclusive for this one. Always loved the character and decided to add her to the display. Would love an updated version but probably the best we will ever get.

dedguy’s custom makes me want to pick this up again and mod it. Body swap, tighten the belt, maybe tighten up the sleeves a bit. I’m diggin that repaint too.

My Sideshow Asajj Ventress mod.
I shrunk her head, did a Pichen body swap, and repaint her head to match the new Clone Wars series.
2021-02-28-16-58-52.jpg

2021-02-28-17-12-07.jpg

Wow! That?s interesting. Might have to try that. How much did it shrink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That?s interesting. Might have to try that. How much did it shrink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should've taken before and after photo, the head shrunk to HT scale (female heads)

If you have HT Rey/Jyn Erso its at that size.

Yeah that looks great, I had no idea heads could be shrunk like that. I got her recently and she's got a huge noggin.

Back