**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But they had to make Reva MORE badass than the GRAND Inquisitor obviously.

I don't like her character, she's loud and annoying, she thinks she's more badass than she really is or comes across.

The other Inquisotors don't even like her, so why should we? I was willing to give her a chance but she just doesn't work for me.
...but you're not SUPPOSED to like her...that's kind of the point, IMO

You have Jason Isaac... and you recast!!!? Disney's even dumber than I thought. Was Jason too white?
Great actor but it's possible he was unavailable. I know he was a regular in a recent TV show. He's also pushing 60, so voice aside maybe he wasn't the right fit for live action? Not that the character has had any action scenes yet. :lol

Maul survived being cut in half. You think this guy could not survive a mere slotting?

Reva is a tryhard, and - sorry - Leia is an unlikeable little b-word. At least so far. And there is no way a five-year-old child is outrunning adult males. I call total b.s. on that one.

That other sister is pretty cool. Lets see more of her.

Well, I watched them both.

350ea9efb76b6ebbc2e79f9721e7db26.gif

Predictably mediocre, disappointing even in truth. Plastic, cheap sets, dumbed down lines, filled with cringy nonsense to the brim. It's nice to see Ewan as Obi-Wan again, but that's more or less it. I don't even have any fun critiques to make, as it's all so painfully by-the-numbers that it's too banal to poke at. Leia is bratty but in an annoying fashion. Reva is as awful as expected, nothing more than a Donut Steel OC whose arc we already know. What's worse is that the woman has all the talent of a cement block and the character doesn't work the way she's written. Studios may have forgotten the point of visual arts, but I sure haven't. A villain of this type, written in this way, needs to be menacing, insidious and a clear threat from every standpoint. I'm sorry, but a pouty 5'5" woman throwing temper tantrums and having two modes of expression simply isn't intimidating. I won't even mention how nonsensical it is for her to have that kind of info on Vader. But hey, she is the special OC, so of course she has that extra bit.

I could go on, but really, what's the point? The Picture Book Of Beta Fatt was at least fun in its awfulness. This is merely trite and predictable. Everything is low budget and the only ones trying are the usuals, like McGregor and Egerton. We could've had a simple 2-hour film with some identity following Ben on Tattooine, with a proper budget and story, but nooooo, drop some nonsense on the subscription service and call it a day. If the opening where the single Jedi slowly slides on the sand and the Inquisitors simply stay still and wait to practise their stilted choreography isn't the pinnacle of filmmaking, I don't know what is...

Whatever, I'll keep watching for Ewan and Hayden. Also because I'm weak and can't cut off myself from things I no longer enjoy due to a completionist mindset that I cannot get rid of... Eh, it is what it is. Hopefully we'll get a cool Vader dolly with a burned up Hayden HS from this. It's all I can ask for.

Well, I watched them both.

350ea9efb76b6ebbc2e79f9721e7db26.gif

Predictably mediocre, disappointing even in truth. Plastic, cheap sets, dumbed down lines, filled with cringy nonsense to the brim. It's nice to see Ewan as Obi-Wan again, but that's more or less it. I don't even have any fun critiques to make, as it's all so painfully by-the-numbers that it's too banal to poke at. Leia is bratty but in an annoying fashion. Reva is as awful as expected, nothing more than a Donut Steel OC whose arc we already know. What's worse is that the woman has all the talent of a cement block and the character doesn't work the way she's written. Studios may have forgotten the point of visual arts, but I sure haven't. A villain of this type, written in this way, needs to be menacing, insidious and a clear threat from every standpoint. I'm sorry, but a pouty 5'5" woman throwing temper tantrums and having two modes of expression simply isn't intimidating. I won't even mention how nonsensical it is for her to have that kind of info on Vader. But hey, she is the special OC, so of course she has that extra bit.

I could go on, but really, what's the point? The Picture Book Of Beta Fatt was at least fun in its awfulness. This is merely trite and predictable. Everything is low budget and the only ones trying are the usuals, like McGregor and Egerton. We could've had a simple 2-hour film with some identity following Ben on Tattooine, with a proper budget and story, but nooooo, drop some nonsense on the subscription service and call it a day. If the opening where the single Jedi slowly slides on the sand and the Inquisitors simply stay still and wait to practise their stilted choreography isn't the pinnacle of filmmaking, I don't know what is...

Whatever, I'll keep watching for Ewan and Hayden. Also because I'm weak and can't cut off myself from things I no longer enjoy due to a completionist mindset that I cannot get rid of... Eh, it is what it is. Hopefully we'll get a cool Vader dolly with a burned up Hayden HS from this. It's all I can ask for.
Plastic and cheap sets? Huh. Feels like you're trying pretty hard here.

Plastic and cheap sets? Huh. Feels like you're trying pretty hard here.
Yes, yes, the two blocks they've built and already used in Mandalorian, Beta Fatt and now this are very impressive. As are the single corridor and one stage of the cyberpunk planet. Nothing feels lived in, nothing immerses me. Everything's clearly a set, a soundstage, a backdrop. They're not "alive", they just surroundings. Maybe plastic was the wrong term, but if I'm going to tear the rest of it a new one, I might as well go all the way for consistency...

Wow there, you mean you don't want a Reva figure? Even after her sick parkour moves which made no sense? Or her incredibly badass character of being a whiny child? Damn, I guess you're just going to have to make due with a lackluster collection...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, he has to be able to helicopter a lightsaber.

By the way, isn't Tom Cruise 60 now?

Probably. But I think he's more the exception than the rule when it comes to 60 year olds in action movies. And didn't he break his leg doing a stunt in the last MI movie? "Harrison Ford 2.0, now warming up in the bullpen".

Obi-Wan: Well hello there
Little Leia: You're an old fart.
Obi-Wan: And you're an annoying little sh#t...

Fixed.

Back