**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, that fugly droopy RO stormie armor, ST-style female Imperials (not a single female Imperial in the OT - not one, not even in the background - and this is years earlier) and maybe it's just the bright daylight, but funky teal green Imperial uniforms with plasticky gumboots.

The guy on the right almost looks like a Tarkin, but his rank is too low - I thought this was only 9 years before battle of Yavin?

ahhi8hE.jpg

He looks like Guy Henry who played Tarkin in Rogue One...
Yeah, maybe - ears look a little different (gotta rely on something with all these Covid masks. :lol )

If it is Tarkin I guess he rocketed up the ranks in those 8 or 9 years.

2UxEANC.png

My thoughts exactly. While I don't hate the design, they just don't look as good. Something about the leg armour is especially bothersome.

My thoughts exactly. While I don't hate the design, they just don't look as good. Something about the leg armour is especially bothersome.
It's the flared out ankles. I understand why they're like that but there's no shape to them now, just canckles. Then there's the narrow droopy chest and the googley eyes helmet. Gareth Edwards has a lot to answer for!

Disney is making Tarkin the central villain of the Star Wars universe. Soon, all the trilogies will actually be The Story of Tarkin.
It's a decade earlier, before he transitioned to male, and governess Tarkin is taking care of ten year old Leia....

It's the flared out ankles. I understand why they're like that but there's no shape to them now, just canckles. Then there's the narrow droopy chest and the googley eyes helmet. Gareth Edwards has a lot to answer for!
The helmet is bad (I always say they look like juvenile stormies - kind of cute with big round eyes) but yeah the armor is arguably just as bad.

I mean who redesigns an iconic costume's look for the comfort of stunt performers? That was the supposed rationale.

:
The helmet is bad (I always say they look like juvenile stormies - kind of cute with big round eyes) but yeah the armor is arguably just as bad.

I mean who redesigns an iconic costume's look for the comfort of stunt performers? That was the supposed rationale.
But wasn’t the iconic ANH design changed for ESB and ROTJ by the iconic creator himself.

Yeah, not fussed about Stormtrooper armour - female Imperials though....yeah, I thought the whole point was that the Imperial forces were not diverse, in contrast to the Rebel Alliances forces which were.....relatively

There was Admiral Daala in the old EU...I can't remember what those books said about her being a woman or if by then in the post-ROTJ EU canon the Imperial forces had changed their policy.

I’m going to laugh my ass off when the new ST story that everyone is praying for will be MORE woke than 7,8,9 and also have Mary Sue’s!

That **** is going to be hilarious

I’m going to laugh my ass off when the new ST story that everyone is praying for will be MORE woke than 7,8,9 and also have Mary Sue’s!

That **** is going to be hilarious
Yeah it is funny that people think that the road ahead is somehow going to have higher quality and less wokeness than what we've gotten so far. How's that theory panning out with the MCU, lol.

The mighty Dave Filoni just had the SJW sisters holding their own with the most badass clone squad in history.

Yeah, not fussed about Stormtrooper armour - female Imperials though....yeah, I thought the whole point was that the Imperial forces were not diverse, in contrast to the Rebel Alliances forces which were.....relatively
Yeah the Empire was never diverse and I was happy to see that reinforced with Rogue One. I don't mind them relaxing their discrimination post-ROTJ when they are in shambles and desperate to replenish their ranks so I was fine with the female comms officer in Mando and female FO officers and troops but seeing that female Imperials will be walking around pre-OT will be quite jarring and disjointed.

EDIT: Aw crap there was the female Imperial that Han and Qi'ra bribed on Corellia and I actually liked how that actress played her. So I guess there's that recent precedent at least.

There was Admiral Daala in the old EU...I can't remember what those books said about her being a woman or if by then in the post-ROTJ EU canon the Imperial forces had changed their policy.

Women were creeping into positions of power in the Empire in the mid-1990s EU, e.g., Daala, Isard, Corvae.

Corvae attained the rank of major general through her father, who was a general.

Daala became an admiral through the assistance of Tarkin.

Isard, who became Director of Imperial Intelligence, came from a family which was influential in the Empire.

At the time of writing these legends, the Empire was still regarded as sexist and misogynistic, and these women had to either be backed by men, or come from a prominent family.

Last edited:
Yeah the Empire was never diverse and I was happy to see that reinforced with Rogue One. I don't mind them relaxing their discrimination post-ROTJ when they are in shambles and desperate to replenish their ranks so I was fine with the female comms officer in Mando and female FO officers and troops but seeing that female Imperials will be walking around pre-OT will be quite jarring and disjointed.

EDIT: Aw crap there was the female Imperial that Han and Qi'ra bribed on Corellia and I actually liked how that actress played her. So I guess there's that recent precedent at least.

Women were creeping into positions of power in the Empire in the mid-1990s EU, e.g., Daala, Isard, Corvae.

Corvae attained the rank of major general through her father, who was a general.

Daala became an admiral through the assistance of Tarkin.

Isard, who became Director of Imperial Intelligence, came from a family which was influential in the Empire.

At the time of writing these legends, the Empire was still regarded as sexist and misogynistic, and these women had to either be backed by men, or come from a prominent family.

So as long as Disney doesn't insist on filling the Empire's ranks in the Obi-wan show with 1:1 male to female representation - POC, LGBT and the disabled - then it should be able to remain consistent with the Empire as portrayed by the old EU (and assumed to be true of the OT era also even though we didn't happen to see any women Imperials at all in those movies)

Back