**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand how anyone over the age of 12 can watch the ROTS duel between Obi and Anakin and not think its fairly ridiculous. From the balancing acts all the way to the "high ground" it is just nonsense and worse, not very exciting -- there is no moment of threat, danger or genuine suspense.

Granted, the duel between Ben and Vader in ANH was never that great. It was the idea. Lucas nailed a perfect saber duel in ESB. The duel in TPM was also quite well done (minus the superman leaps which were simply planted throughout to justify the necessary "jump" for Obi-Wan to flip over Maul).
Actually, there's an entire video essay on that duel by some sword-fighting expert, and he rates it quite highly...

I really don't understand how anyone over the age of 12 can watch the ROTS duel between Obi and Anakin and not think its fairly ridiculous. From the balancing acts all the way to the "high ground" it is just nonsense and worse, not very exciting -- there is no moment of threat, danger or genuine suspense.

Actually, there's an entire video essay on that duel by some sword-fighting expert, and he rates it quite highly...
jgcCHP.gif

Do I dare ask who your new avatar is matticus? Someone newly promoted to the LFL Story Group or showrunner for Disney+?
Former CEO of Sony but still somehow has power and produces Sony's Marvel movies.

Some how...Pascal returned....
It's Amy Pascal!!!!
Not sure who is worse!

Added a better signature for you Wor.

Strangely, I bet there's a positive video essay on just about anything...
Very true...
It is however, quite interesting, the man really dissects every move. He does criticise parts, of course, but overall he's quite positive and it is actually fun to watch because the man is really into sword-fighting, so he knows a lot about technique.

When I saw this thread had been bumped, I thought there was a genuine update on the release date.

Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed with what I found instead.

Is the pronoun thing a 'requirement' for twitter or something? Seems especially prevalent around the Disney people.

The best use of it I saw was "Michael Jackson - He/He"

Isn't that what Gina Carano got cancelled for?
Kinda. She asked Pedro why people were doing it because she didn't know what it was for but then people decided to harrass her for not doing it. She then put "Beep/Bop/Boop" in her bio to mock the people annoying her over it and everyone misread it as her dissing transgender people.

Is the pronoun thing a 'requirement' for twitter or something? Seems especially prevalent around the Disney people.

The best use of it I saw was "Michael Jackson - He/He"
My work gave the option to do that on our email signatures. First thing that came to my mind was this looks unprofessional and something you'll find only on Twitter, tiktok, or other social media platforms. But I guess virtue signaling is here to stay for now.

I use social media very very rarely myself. It's a battleground. I can't see why any celebrity would want social media in this day and age.

If you are a prick then you are a prick, and deserve to be called out for it if so. But so much can be taken incorrectly and judgement gets passed so very quickly (and it's nearly impossible to shake off).

Last edited:
Back