**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means something to own 4K77/80/83.

It means nothing to own any ST movie.

Oh look everyone I have ST the Motion Picture on my shelf isn’t it exciting lol
star-trek-the-wrath-of-khan-star-trek2.gif

JYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I hope there are 4 lightsaber fights between ObiWan and Vader in the first 4 episodes.

6 episodes still leaves 2 more episodes for more lightsaber battles to break out between them lol
Why not just have the whole show be one long lightsaber duel?

Opens with Kenobi landing on Mustafar, then six hours of twirling, flipping, and clashing. No serious wounds sustained (for obvious reasons). They both just get tired, say "screw it," and each go home.

*que John Williams music and end credits*

But no-one talks about the Lars. The sun was even *more* moider on theysa skin!!
To be fair, it's *two* suns. And moisture farmers probably don't have the luxury of spending money on the SPF9000 sunscreen and other skincare products it would take to keep a youthful appearance.

Plus, Kenobi apparently would leave Tatooine on occasion to go duel Vader, so less exposure to those twin suns.

:monkey3

If there is they better start sending me royalties, lol.

You and ajp4mgs would be very wealthy men.

Seriously though, it is an interesting phenomenon. In some extreme cases, like battered women justifying the abuse. I'm guilty of it myself. Obviously we all are here, on a doll forum that worships select movies. I wonder if I'm a battered husband?

Hehe, Abrams and Terrio probably weren't overly concerned about whether TROS made sense. The casual fans wouldn't notice and the hardcores would figure out a way to make it work.

I do wonder how J.J. feels about the Story Group (i.e. canon) version of Rey's parentage not fully reflecting his intent (i.e. daughter of a clone vs actual granddaughter). But it took him so long to settle on his version, again maybe he doesn't really care.

They might go Eternals for art sake and show Owen doing some moisture farming on Beru. Blue milk will be involved lol

I do wonder how J.J. feels about the Story Group (i.e. canon) version of Rey's parentage not fully reflecting his intent (i.e. daughter of a clone vs actual granddaughter). But it took him so long to settle on his version, again maybe he doesn't really care.

I do think JJ relies on the kindness of fans to solve plot holes he couldn't be bothered with.

Especially given the tug-o-war between his TFA and Rian's mess.

Ho boy, can't *wait* to see that!

/sarcasm
If the rumored duel does happen, I wonder how they'll end it? The Mustafar one was resolved due to dismemberment and Anakin left for dead. The Death Star one ended with a more certain "death" (as any "laser sword" duel would seem destined to). Those two options shouldn't be on the table here, though.

Maybe this one will end like the Ahsoka/Vader duel in Rebels, but she'll be the one time-traveling to pull Obi-Wan away. Vader will be left standing there stupefied thinking, "Son of a *****! Again!?"

It could lead perfectly into a comedy spinoff show where Ahsoka and Obi-Wan use the WBW to go time-travelling to different eras of Jedi history. Kinda like a Bill & Ted thing. The hilarity will reach a pinnacle when they get to the High Republic and have a laugh over the talking rock who is somehow a pilot. :lol

I was justifying the harsh Lars aging with tongue in cheek. But in general, yeah, Khev and I would make a nice chunk of change from that kind of deal. :lol

And I have a suspicion that this Kenobi series will produce a "fan justification royalties" gold mine. Khev will have that one all to himself. And what he comes up with will be better-thought-out than the series itself.

Seriously though, it is an interesting phenomenon. In some extreme cases, like battered women justifying the abuse. I'm guilty of it myself. Obviously we all are here, on a doll forum that worships select movies. I wonder if I'm a battered husband?
I'm in recovery.

Back