**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as long as Disney doesn't insist on filling the Empire's ranks in the Obi-wan show with 1:1 male to female representation - POC, LGBT and the disabled - then it should be able to remain consistent with the Empire as portrayed by the old EU (and assumed to be true of the OT era also even though we didn't happen to see any women Imperials at all in those movies)

I don't hold much hope Disney will stay true to the old sexist Empire.

There's such a drive in films and television to be inclusive, to the point of ridiculousness where it undermines the media itself, as in having Anne Boleyn played by a black actress. In that case it messes with history. It's a lesser case when it messes with fiction, but not so small a problem if it's something a fan is invested in. Nor a small problem when it's the works of Dickens or Austen where race or sex might be changed, undermining the intentions of the author.

The desperate need to rewrite history often seems, to me at least, a case of piggy backing on the success of characters who were popular because of who they were and what they represented, instead of creating new characters who owe nothing to the past.

If the Empire is suddenly full of female or alien officers, then it becomes less sexist and xenophobic. It becomes less of the evil bureaucracy it was created to be.

It's a balancing of the books that essentially creates new imbalances.

I’m going to laugh my ass off when the new ST story that everyone is praying for will be MORE woke than 7,8,9 and also have Mary Sue’s!

That **** is going to be hilarious
Lol and then people will pull a PT and start loving the ST and praising its name.
But what could be worse then the ST tho?
What if they came out and said Luke was a transgender woman this whole time. I wonder how much news they’d get

Unfortunately I won't be the least bit surprised if Obi-Wan bursts into an Imperial bunker only to discover two Imperials, both female, one an Eskimo and the other an overweight black woman in a wheelchair, making out with one another.
And hey, maybe they're the ones that defect to the Rebel Alliance - but I'd have to ask - what's so oppressive about an Empire that apparently was quite happy to have them in the first place? What are they rebelling against?

From the previous page

Even the bad guys can't be BAD guys.

And Asta said it well in the post above

Last edited:
Lol and then people will pull a PT and start loving the ST and praising its name.
What if they came out and said Luke was a transgender woman this whole time. I wonder how much news they’d get
Yep can't wait to see the reactions of the ST retcon folks when in the new alternate canon timeline Luke the badass lightsaber twirler takes out Darth Maul and Darth Talon with the help of his devoted husband Mark Jade.

Yeah it is funny that people think that the road ahead is somehow going to have higher quality and less wokeness than what we've gotten so far. How's that theory panning out with the MCU, lol.

The mighty Dave Filoni just had the SJW sisters holding their own with the most badass clone squad in history.
They literally fired Gina Carano on the start of this new glorious ST path and the ST haters are celebrating lol

There's such a drive in films and television to be inclusive, to the point of ridiculousness where it undermines the media itself, as in having Anne Boleyn played by a black actress. In that case it messes with history. It's a lesser case when it messes with fiction, but not so small a problem if it's something a fan is invested in. Nor a small problem when it's the works of Dickens or Austen where race or sex might be changed, undermining the intentions of the author.

The desperate need to rewrite history often seems, to me at least, a case of piggy backing on the success of characters who were popular because of who they were and what they represented, instead of creating new characters who owe nothing to the past.

If the Empire is suddenly full of female or alien officers, then it becomes less sexist and xenophobic. It becomes less of the evil bureaucracy it was created to be.

This is what those so called protectors of everyone don’t comprehend.

Yep can't wait to see the reactions of the ST retcon folks when in the new alternate canon timeline Luke the badass lightsaber twirler takes out Darth Maul and Darth Talon with the help of his devoted husband Mark Jade.

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol

I've been seeing this go to the wayside with Disney. The Empire is supposed to be the racist/sexist/xenophobic Nazis. While I thought Giancarlo Esposito plays a great bad guy, that is really not the Empire. There was the exception of Thrawn, but from the Emperor's expressed consent to have him serve. Doesn't matter to Hollywood, that diversity is above story-telling.

I've been seeing this go to the wayside with Disney. The Empire is supposed to be the racist/sexist/xenophobic Nazis. While I thought Giancarlo Esposito plays a great bad guy, that is really not the Empire. There was the exception of Thrawn, but from the Emperor's expressed consent to have him serve. Doesn't matter to Hollywood, that diversity is above story-telling.

That didn't really bother me, because he filled the necessary categories of human and male which align with the OT Empire. Plus as an actor he really fitted the role.

I assume that racism would've held back non-white men from promotion, just as gender had held back women. With a lot of Imperials being fully covered as Stormtroopers or TIE Pliots etc, you couldn't determine the race of many of the lower ranks.

Gideon is a rarity, which could be telling about his abilities, of his rise to power regardless of the adversity of the situation.

That didn't really bother me, because he filled the necessary categories of human and male which align with the OT Empire. Plus as an actor he really fitted the role.

I assume that racism would've held back non-white men from promotion, just as gender had held back women. With a lot of Imperials being fully covered as Stormtroopers or TIE Pliots etc, you couldn't determine the race of many of the lower ranks.

Gideon is a rarity, which could be telling about his abilities, of his rise to power regardless of the adversity of the situation.
Empire was based on the Nazis. The Nazis wouldn't have had any of this.

I suppose that Post-PT it does seem a little strange that Palpatine would discriminate against black officers joining the ranks of the Empire now that we know that his home planet had black security chiefs running around. But the PT only seemed to reinforce the notion that he saw women as puppets and nothing more.

Empire was based on the Nazis. The Nazis wouldn't have had any of this.

They did have the likes of the Muslim 13th Waffen-SS Division and the Indian Volunteer Legion of the Waffen-SS. They could be pragmatic. After all, Hitler wasn't anti-Jewish growing up, but it became useful for his ambitions for Germany to be so later on.

I’m going to laugh my ass off when the new ST story that everyone is praying for will be MORE woke than 7,8,9 and also have Mary Sue’s!

That **** is going to be hilarious
It won’t be. Disney is smart enough to know that path absolutely failed them once before and led to record low merch sales. They want money at the end of the day.
Yeah it is funny that people think that the road ahead is somehow going to have higher quality and less wokeness than what we've gotten so far. How's that theory panning out with the MCU, lol.
MCU hasn’t truly experienced it yet. They think they can sell it to that audience better than they can Star Wars.
The mighty Dave Filoni just had the SJW sisters holding their own with the most badass clone squad in history.
Retcons are built on hope.
Women were creeping into positions of power in the Empire in the mid-1990s EU, e.g., Daala, Isard, Corvae.

Corvae attained the rank of major general through her father, who was a general.

Daala became an admiral through the assistance of Tarkin.

Isard, who became Director of Imperial Intelligence, came from a family which was influential in the Empire.

At the time of writing these legends, the Empire was still regarded as sexist and misogynistic, and these women had to either be backed by men, or come from a prominent family.
Yes, “assistance.” Daala had a similar rise as Kamala Harris did.
So as long as Disney doesn't insist on filling the Empire's ranks in the Obi-wan show with 1:1 male to female representation - POC, LGBT and the disabled - then it should be able to remain consistent with the Empire as portrayed by the old EU (and assumed to be true of the OT era also even though we didn't happen to see any women Imperials at all in those movies)
It is an interesting battle for Disney. Diversity vs hating on the white man. Shall be interesting in which one they pick.
Unfortunately I won't be the least bit surprised if Obi-Wan bursts into an Imperial bunker only to discover two Imperials, both female, one an Eskimo and the other an overweight black woman in a wheelchair, making out with one another.
Obi-Wan: “You want to go home and rethink your life.”
If they did that Star Wars would actually die.
Disney isn’t dumb. They know the SJW crap failed with Star Wars. They won’t double down.
They literally fired Gina Carano on the start of this new glorious ST path and the ST haters are celebrating lol

This is what those so called protectors of everyone don’t comprehend.
A small price to pay for salvation.

Back