No Time To Die (2020 Bond film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed NTTD but yeah this had Dark Knight Rises' fingerprints all over it, lol. He was quitting things left and right with barely the slightest shreds of incentive to do so. Instantly assume that a booby trap from a worldwide criminal organization had to have been initiated by your wife who's had countless opportunities to kill you in your sleep? Um okay James just throw your entire life away without spending a single millisecond to think that through, lol.

And yes this movie might not have had the best quality of action (pretty sad that Bond still can't compare to True Lies 25 years later) but it certainly had a high quantity of action which helped the pacing despite the long run time.
Well Skyfall was TDK film of the series with the villain allowing himself to be caught only to have his perfect escape etc…

Saw this tonight in IMAX, really enjoyed it. Quite a lot in fact. I was shocked how fast the 2 hr 45 minute run time flew past. Craig Bond films are the opposite of Star Trek, only the odd ones are good, lol.
I enjoyed it as well, although I wouldn't say a lot. I must admit, I was rather disappointed with Léa Seydoux in this one. I don't know, maybe it was the script and not her but there seemed to be a definite lack chemistry between her and DC at times. Her scenes with Rami Malek were more believable than were those with DC.

Well Skyfall was TDK film of the series with the villain allowing himself to be caught only to have his perfect escape etc…

TDKR's ending was better than NTTD. This Bond film actually did what TDKR teased doing, but clearly, it was the wrong choice. If anything, TDKR ending would have been good for Bond. Imagine M in a coffee shop and he sees Bond with his family. The end. 😭

5qglaf.jpg

She is going to be the lead in an action movie after this.

I don't think I want to see her an action film. Maybe in a big DC or Marvel film, but some random action movie? Nah, those usually fail with female leads. I'm surprised she wasn't in the West Side Story reboot or in The Heights, which was a WB film. Instead, she gets 5 minutes on a Bond film.🤷🏻‍♂️

Best 5 minutes in the entire movie.

I'd watch her in a spicy hot "Salt" type movie. "Tabasco"

From what I've seen of Ana de Armas so far, she seems to work well as a co-lead with men playing the straight man. She gave NTTD a lighter more fun tone in those 5 minutes of screen time. Maybe she should have been the new 007 character instead, as opposed to the black lady being a rival type character. People don't like that unless the actress is likable. She wasn't. The film with Paloma as 007 working with Bond would have been similar to Stallone and Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man. A fun team up.

Eesh.... I don't care for JLO so that idea sounds cringey.

Like pairing Ana with Melissa McCarthy.

Now I would like Ana de Armas and Penelope Cruz as ... well, almost anything in my imagination.

Eesh.... I don't care for JLO so that idea sounds cringey.

Like pairing Ana with Melissa McCarthy.

Now I would like Ana de Armas and Penelope Cruz as ... well, almost anything in my imagination.
Was a joke with Affleck tapping them back to back. Yeah, bun intended lol

JAWS is right the CR series of films were a big let down we need more Bond movies like View, Moonraker and Diamonds lol
lol

DC films are officially BINO

Seriously there was nothing really Bond like about the character.

I think it’s why I liked Spector as much as I did… it was the time he was most like Bond… He had finally come into his own… No quitting because his boss said take the shot. No sad face bond. Of course he ended up quitting yet again in the end… Anyways At least I think that’s why I liked it.. I don’t remember lol.. That’s the problem with the DC films.. Other than CR I don’t remember much about any of them.

And yes there is a lot of bad Bond out there.. probably more bad then good. But these new films could have and should have been so much more.

Back