NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to give Mahomes all the credit he deserves. That's what a clutch QB looks like. Not just in the Super Bowl, but in this entire playoff run. 3 playoff games in a row with large deficits and the kid just finds a way to win. Unlike some overrated QB's that do basically nothing but choke in big moments and blame coaching, teammates, and management for their shortcomings....Mahomes puts his team on his back and elevates his team's play. He carried them to 3 straight playoff victories while trailing in all 3 games. Mahomes shredded the number one passing D in the league at the end of the game when behind by 10. Clutch is turning a 10 point deficit with less than 8 minutes left in the Super Bowl into a 11 point win. Brady is the best QB I've ever seen play the game but there's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes is truly special.

Lets all welcome the London Jaguars to the NFL. I think they may have just lost any fans they actually had in Jacksonville now.

If the players approve this CBA I don’t want to hear one word from them for the next 10 years about player safety. No bitching about Thursday games no bitching about 17 games. They were so adamant about not playing 17 games because of safety but actually they are just as money hungry and greedy as the owner are.

Cam Newton possibly going to Bears...I dig it :clap

Phillip Rivers to Colts

AFC South/ NFC South

Change is a coming folks :horror

Last edited:
Weakening division. Two 1,100 yard receivers. Very good and improving defense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Let's not forget the $30 million a year either. :wink1: In all seriousness, all the things you mentioned are true. Also, Arians is a good coach. He had success in Arizona with a veteran QB in Carson Palmer. Why wouldn't he have at least as much success in Tampa with Brady. Hell, there's a ton of talent on Tampa's O and Bowles drastically improved the D. If Tampa can draft (or sign) a good running back, they can be a leathal O. I can totally see Tampa making some waves in the NFC.

Cam Newton possibly going to Bears...I dig it :clap

Phillip Rivers to Colts

AFC South/ NFC South

Change is a coming folks :horror

Thank god Cam isn't coming anywhere near Chicago. He's washed up and injury prone. Bears officially trade for Nick Foles. He's not the answer either but he has had success in Nagy's offensive system. Bottom line, so long as the Bears are run by the Mccaskey's, they will always be a mediocre team at best. The team historically can't even identify a franchise QB, much less draft one.

Why Foles Chicago? Sure he beat Brady in the SB...but the guy got injured and was out the first half of the season last year :slap

Why Foles Chicago? Sure he beat Brady in the SB...but the guy got injured and was out the first half of the season last year :slap

Because Foles had great success in Philadelphia. The Eagles, Chiefs, and Bears basically run the same offense. Pederson and Nagy are from Andy Reid's coaching tree. There are no less than 4 coaches on the Bears staff that coached Foles in Philly or KC. They are very familiar and comfortable with him and he already knows the Bears O because he ran a similar one in Philly. The problem is the Bears aren't as talented as Philly's offense was during their Super Bowl run. The Eagles had a better O line, running game, TE, and WRs. The Bears have only 2 good O linemen, 1 good WR, and that's about it.

I don't even count the games Foles played for the Jags against him. He got hurt his 1st game in (not his fault) and the Jags simply imploded last year and have been flushing their most talented players since last season. The Jags are a absolute mess. That said, I don't expect Foles to do well with the Bears. There's just too many holes on that offense. Given the Bears cap issues and lack of draft picks, I don't see a way they can adequately plug their offensive holes this season.

Remember how elated you were when your favorite team caught lightning in a bottle for that one game, or for that playoff run leading up to a big win? Now imagine having that same feeling last for 2 decades. That's what it was like watching Tom Brady on the Patriots.

Having a few days to let this sink in has really helped. I wanted one more ring and thought they could run it back healthy this year and get it. I would have been happy to have him walk away after that. I really wanted Tom back for one last ride. Now I'm feeling more OK with it because it has been an amazing 20 years.

Good luck to Tampa and I can't wait to go to Canton in a few years.

With Brady coming in I'm excited for the atmosphere, the winning attitude this franchise has lacked for decades and a QB who will hold his teammates accountable. I'm not going to go crazy and expect a Super Bowl for Tampa but I'd sure at least like a couple years of playoffs and a major attitude change. Go Bucs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back