NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything you said. The Eagles had a massive defensive collapse in the 2nd half. The Chiefs scored in every single drive after halftime. Reid completely out coached Siriani in the end. I’m just a firm believer that if it’s not a holding call in the 1st quarter, then it shouldn’t be a holding call in the 4th. There should be consistency, especially when the penalty ends the game. If the flag’s not thrown, then the Eagles get the ball back with ~1:30 and 0 timeouts. Who knows what happens. Maybe they tie and we see OT? Maybe they get a td? Maybe the Chiefs defense makes the stop? We’ll never know and we’re robbed of an amazing finish to a great game.

:bunnydanc :rock :yess:
672090990693.jpg
:yess: :rock :bunnydanc
:fest :ccheerlea:ted:woo:ted:ccheerlea:fest
:mexwave

Philly contributed greatly to their own demise. Their D couldn't stop Mahomes for basically the entire 2nd half. Mahomes was on one leg and the Eagles vaunted D just couldn't get to him. Hurts' fumble for a TD return was a HUGE self inflicted wound as well. If that wasn't enough, Philly's special teams allows Toney a 65 yard punt return that set up a goal to go situation for KC's offense. That's a collapse in all 3 phases of the game. Yeah, the holding call sucked but the Eagles had a double digit lead and just couldn't finish the Chiefs off. KC and Mahomes have experience in a Super Bowl setting and it paid dividends in the game. Philly just has to figure out how it all went wrong for them in the 2nd half and use that knowledge to their benefit if they can get back to the dance again next year.
I agree with you. As a Saints fan, I've certainly seen how a single call can make the difference in the game over the years, but the Eagles had their chances and just couldn't get it done in the second half. Chiefs were ridiculously efficient with their offense, and the Eagles' long drives weren't able to wear that defensive line down. Getting no pressure whatsoever on Mahomes is not a formula for beating the Chiefs, either.

I agree with everything you said. The Eagles had a massive defensive collapse in the 2nd half. The Chiefs scored in every single drive after halftime. Reid completely out coached Siriani in the end. I’m just a firm believer that if it’s not a holding call in the 1st quarter, then it shouldn’t be a holding call in the 4th. There should be consistency, especially when the penalty ends the game. If the flag’s not thrown, then the Eagles get the ball back with ~1:30 and 0 timeouts. Who knows what happens. Maybe they tie and we see OT? Maybe they get a td? Maybe the Chiefs defense makes the stop? We’ll never know and we’re robbed of an amazing finish to a great game.
I definitely agree that the refs should've just let them play. That said, Philly has to take responsibility for even allowing themselves to be put in that position after blowing a 10 point lead.

I agree with you. As a Saints fan, I've certainly seen how a single call can make the difference in the game over the years, but the Eagles had their chances and just couldn't get it done in the second half. Chiefs were ridiculously efficient with their offense, and the Eagles' long drives weren't able to wear that defensive line down. Getting no pressure whatsoever on Mahomes is not a formula for beating the Chiefs, either.
Yeah, Philly just shot themselves in the foot. For me, the 2 biggest turning points in the game were the fumble return for a TD and Toney's 65 yard punt return. Both of those basically gave KC 14 quick and easy points. It was easily the difference in the game.

I definitely agree that the refs should've just let them play. That said, Philly has to take responsibility for even allowing themselves to be put in that position after blowing a 10 point lead.
Growing pains for everyone involved! It’s going to be really interesting to see how they look next year after losing their offensive and defensive coordinators.

Back