Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they were asking how tall Sauron is compared to 1:6 Asmus. He’s about the same height as a 1:6 figure at the top of his horns, so small.
Oh **** I misunderstood (was working at the same time), really sorry. I don't have any LOTR Asmus to compare to but this Sauron is about as tall as other 1:6 figures like OT said.

thanks for the info , so to scale he would be tiny but if you want him height similar to the asmus figures than it is fine.

Regards to diamond select, this is a baf? so you would need to buy like 5 figures to assemble him?

thanks for the info , so to scale he would be tiny but if you want him height similar to the asmus figures than it is fine.

Regards to diamond select, this is a baf? so you would need to buy like 5 figures to assemble him?
No, the top of his horns is the height of an Asmus figure, he is much smaller than a 1:6 human.

Attachments

• D7BA64CB-C4EB-4B63-A90A-42FD3AEDC465.jpeg
    D7BA64CB-C4EB-4B63-A90A-42FD3AEDC465.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 40
I’m really entertained by the idea of a slightly shorter than the average man version of Sauron. Maybe Amazon will deliver 😂

Feels like a good time to bring this thread back, given everything going on with this line right now.

What we know:

Release imminent (just waiting on packaging)
-Asmus Gandalf the White
-Asmus Gollum

In production
-Asmus Boromir 2.0
-Asmus Thranduil 2.0
-InArt Gandalf the Grey

In Development
-Asmus Frodo 2.0
-Asmus Gil-Galad
-Asmus Haldir
-Asmus Merry 2.0
-Asmus Pippin 2.0
-Asmus Samwise 2.0
-InArt Aragorn
-InArt Legolas

In development hell
-Asmus Lurtz

Very exciting stuff on the horizon. What else is everything hoping for as we move forward?

Disclaimer: do NOT start another flame war in here or I will tag @Asta and @DarthSnoopy to have posts removed. Everyone’s stated their opinions three times over about their stance on each company. Let’s just appreciate that we have a chance to build both a high quality and deep collection here. Not every line gets anywhere close to that.

Feels like a good time to bring this thread back, given everything going on with this line right now.

What we know:

-Asmus Gandalf the White
-Asmus Gollum

In production
-Asmus Boromir 2.0
-Asmus Thranduil 2.0
-InArt Gandalf the Grey

In Development
-Asmus Frodo 2.0
-Asmus Gil-Galad
-Asmus Haldir
-Asmus Merry 2.0
-Asmus Pippin 2.0
-Asmus Samwise 2.0
-InArt Aragorn
-InArt Legolas

In development hell
-Asmus Lurtz

Very exciting stuff on the horizon. What else is everything hoping for as we move forward?

Disclaimer: do NOT start another flame war in here or I will tag @Asta and @DarthSnoopy to have posts removed. Everyone’s stated their opinions three times over about their stance on each company. Let’s just appreciate that we have a chance to build both a high quality and deep collection here. Not every line gets anywhere close to that.
Massive thanks for bringing all the info together RH!!

What we know:

-Asmus Gandalf the White
-Asmus Gollum

In production
-Asmus Boromir 2.0
-Asmus Thranduil 2.0
-InArt Gandalf the Grey

In Development
-Asmus Frodo 2.0
-Asmus Gil-Galad
-Asmus Haldir
-Asmus Merry 2.0
-Asmus Pippin 2.0
-Asmus Samwise 2.0
-InArt Aragorn
-InArt Legolas

In development hell
-Asmus Lurtz

If only there was a Sauron on that list...

Sauron, Isildur and Elendil to fill out the Last Alliance display.
A reissue/upgrade of Morgul Lord to pair up with Gandalf the White
Black Gate Aragorn and Gondor Knights
Once Lurtz is out of development hell and in production more Uruks.
Azog to pair with Thorin
Armored versions of Merry and Pippin would be nice too but only after we get regular 2.0 versions

1000%

An 18-inch Sauron would kick all available ass.

Maybe 20 with his helm spikes.
Yeah based on the size of the 1/6 Weta statue I reckon he's gotta be 22 inches minimum including the spikes. The statue is 26 inches including a decent sized base but I doubt the base adds any more than 4 inches to the total height.

I really hope he's closer to 20 inches though even if its technically a little undersized because I'm gonna have issues with vertical real estate above 21 inches.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a bit if Sauron was a bit shorter. It would be fine with me if they tweaked some already available 1/4 scale figure bodies to make him happen. Might save a little on development costs.

I had a quick dig around for info on his film height and it seems 9'2" is the consensus from ppl who have looked into it but that's just to the top of his head not including the spikes on his helmet.

With the spikes he seems to be closer to 10'4". On that basis with Asmus Aragorn being about 12 inches a 1/6 Sauron should end up at about 21 inches so 20 inches would be close enough.

https://www.dimensions.com/element/sauron

Back