1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney's churning out content faster than HT can keep up! I wonder if HT will just forever be playing catch up or if they'll just ignore whole lines entirely.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we just get the darker armor look only. I like the characters, but wouldn’t double dip on them for an armor color variant.

Bad Batch figures are already outdated before we've even had a single release and only 2 announcements. Nice.

So soon. :thud:

It was only last Thursday...

At some point the various toy companies will have nagged Disney enough that the Bad Batch will decide to repaint their armour as well.

Just had to share this amazing custom I saw on FB by OneSixthJay.

Arcann from SWTOR.

1653853664667.png
1653853670306.png
1653853675212.png
1653853680039.png

I've got no great love for the MMORPG, but the Old Republic era is my favourite, and I'd certainly be up for the entire Eternal Family.

fcf400a7b73e45c32cdcbe2fcd104688.jpg

These are my kind of aesthetics.
If there's one thing I can say about the game it's that the art direction is fantastic. I've played it a bit but I'm not really an MMO guy so I gave it up.

If there's one thing I can say about the game it's that the art direction is fantastic. I've played it a bit but I'm not really an MMO guy so I gave it up.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Great aesthetics, everything else... Eh. I played it at launch but after a few months I gave up. I just can't deal with the nature of MMOs.

I don't want to start a new thread, but I kind of like this Sideshow figures.

I would not buy them, but they look nice for those who likes Clone Wars.

Attachments

• Yoda.jpg
    Yoda.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 0
  • Anakin.jpg
    Anakin.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Obi.jpg
    Obi.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 0
Now there is something that can fit into SW and yet looks wholly new. Love that armor.
Exactly. This is the kind of stuff I want from my Space Wizard Knights property. I have a preference for the Old Republic era specifically because the designs and world appeal to me more than the mainline SW eras. I don't even know anything about these guys beyond the basics, I don't even know if they're proper characters beyond some cool designs, but damn me if they're not such great looks that I wouldn't buy them in an instant. The Old Republic aesthetics just tick all of my boxes.

wojtek-fus-11709948-10153985834573835-8344531597977509575-o.jpg

Sideshow’s premium formats look absolutely stunning in every video I see them, especially the Dawson Ahsoka. The debates over best likeness are now not only in figures and JND silicone, but also polystone. The Hot Toys display looked just so boring in comparison in my eyes. The best looking stuff, other than the Vader (likely a reissue anyway), is stuff that has already been released like Ahsoka and Anakin. The number of star wars preorders vs the amount of marvel preorders for 2022/2023 paint a very particular picture. This comparison is especially true considering the amount of head sculpts between those preorders- almost all on the Marvel side. I hope it changes but I’m starting to think it’s their new business strategy. Profit off army builders, do what lucasfilm forces them to do like a Kenobi most likely, and then continue working on Marvel. It’s not like Marvel has gotten every figure we want either, but it’s just simply a higher percentage than SW.

Last edited:
Exactly. This is the kind of stuff I want from my Space Wizard Knights property. I have a preference for the Old Republic era specifically because the designs and world appeal to me more than the mainline SW eras. I don't even know anything about these guys beyond the basics, I don't even know if they're proper characters beyond some cool designs, but **** me if they're not such great looks that I wouldn't buy them in an instant. The Old Republic aesthetics just tick all of my boxes.

wojtek-fus-11709948-10153985834573835-8344531597977509575-o.jpg

I paid up for the XM Revan and Malak. That is about the extent of my interest far as collecting goes.

There's like 50 things I want from the OT that I've pretty much accepted HT will never give me, you know, like Han & C-3P0, but if they're into PT stuff I want Poggle the Lesser from AOTC and Nute Gunray & Rune Haako from TPM.

I would love Geonosians, one of the reasons why I picked up the Geo Battle Droids, just in case HT surprises us with a Geonosian one of these days.

In other news, i decided to put Codys helmet on him today. I very regretfully took off his headsculpt and placed it in the box. Then i put on the helmet and swapped his rifle.

Cody is so beautiful that I actually pity the fools who dont own one. This figure represents all of Star Wars for me. Lookswise, it just does not get better. He is glorious. The helmet alone is a work of art. What gets me is the functional t-visor, built like the real thing. Fricking amazing.

Back