1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only people thrilled right now are army builders. PT fans would like the actual characters they loved like Padme and Mace. An AOTC line without any of the main trio? I’d call you insane if they didn’t do that with ESB a couple of years ago.

And for the record, I (and many others I’d presume) would prefer many MANY other clone wars characters over the bad batch.
True, none of these releases scream PT. They're not even PT clones for the most part. They call this an AOTC line and they go for pretty much the lamest figures they could do from the film, just because they're easy re-paints and re-use of parts. It's not like their choices are even that tempting to Clone Wars fans either. When I think of Clone Wars clones I think of Wolffe, the Wolfpack, Fox, 212th, Fives and Echo etc. I don't think any of these releases today. You're spot-on, these have more appeal to army-builders. This company has lost the plot and what they're doing recently is shameless imo.

Right, but you realize a good chunk of that list probably was never going to happen right? That’s a dream wishlist, but not necessarily one that’s realistic.

You mean less realistic than a chrome Deathtrooper, a chrome clonetrooper, and a Barq speeder two pack with a clown car 🤡 hanging off the side? What would your reaction to those have been before today...

8d3571cd-c2f2-4128-8619-419b3eed46e6_text.gif

..... But is this not an AotC event? If it were an OT themed event, i sure would not be expecting to see clones, etc at that.

A larger issue here is HTs lack of committment to creating fan favs who have face sculpts.

When they say attack of the CLONES, evidently they mean it. Clones are going to take over our shelves by force. IDK....?

Last edited:
You mean less realistic than a chrome Deathtrooper, a chrome clonetrooper, and a Barq speeder two pack with a clown car 🤡 hanging off the side? What would your reaction to those have been before today...

View attachment 579477
Look I’m not saying every release is one that I like, but simply put those variants they can churn out are a large chunk of what we’re going to get.

Most of those characters you quoted while I too would enjoy them aren’t going to happen. That’s why I was saying what major characters haven’t they released and named the ones I did, because they maybe have somewhat more of a shot at happening.

Oh well, if HT doesn’t want my money then I wont give it to them, pretty simple. I’m not paying 1k for 2 average looking clones, I’ve got InArt Gandalf and GameToys Cloud + Fenrir to pay off which are much more exciting than anything HT has come out with in quite a while.

..... But is this not an AotC event? If it were an OT themed event, i sure would not br expecting to see clones, etc at that.

A larger issue here is HTs lack of committment to creating fan favs who have face sculpts.

When they say attack of the CLONES, evidently they mean it. Clones are going to take over our shelves by force. IDK....?
Then they should probably start making the ones people actually want: Gree, Bly, Wolffe, Bacara, Kashyyyk Scouts, 212th, Airborne etc. rather than just sticking a black shoulder pauldron on a 501st and calling it a new release, or painting one silver. I'm sure many people didn't even know that Battlefront clone even existed until today. They've gone full Hasbro. Never go full Hasbro (insert Robert Downey Jr. gif). They're obsessed with clones and they can't even get that right. Still, there's a group of casual new collectors that seem to have appeared over the last year who'll just buy anything Hot Toys serves up, and I think they're fully aware of this. Us more veteran collectors (most of the people on this board) are being shunted.

Btw I'm not talking about the Bad Batch, I'm happy they're completing the line, or at least showing a picture of what a complete line-up may look like... in 2030.

The total lack of anything OT clearly demonstrates the disconnect HT and Lucasfilm have with the hardcore fans of the franchise. I don't know which is the biggest waste of time and resources, the laughably silly chrome variants, lazy remakes like Paz Vizla, or figures of awful Bad Batch characters.

The most interesting new thing by far are those 501st speeders and I'm not exactly scrambling to order a $600 one of those paired with a relatively obscure trooper.
I think we are the minority here brother. Most people here seem to want clone wars, mandalorian, and pt. The ot fans are moving on because we aren’t getting anything to be excited about. One of my good friends gave up and basically told me to let him know when han shows up.

OT is still the best. That will never change IMO. However, I’m happy to add some clones to my 1/6 collection. I do mostly statues in a larger scale for the OT.

This is the correct take: those figures will not be appearing. Ever. Hell we cant even get 1/6 scale BoBF Boba.

If I recall correctly, in an interview HC expressed much satisfaction and great acclaim with the Mandalorian series, which may be why there's multitudes of Mando figures in the line. I haven't seen BoBF, but I gather the consensus is it isn't up to par and was mildly decent. Perhaps since HT didn't view it as a great critical success, they refrained from making more BoBF figures.

Then they should probably start making the ones people actually want: Gree, Bly, Wolffe, Bacara, Kashyyyk Scouts, 212th, Airborne etc. rather than just sticking a black shoulder pauldron on a 501st and calling it a new release, or painting one silver.

No lie detected here. I think what chafes is that not only are they kind of cheaping/wimping out with an endless parade of standard, generic troopers we cannot even get the clones we DO want. I mean, okay, *clones* - but make them the really good ones you know?

I'm sure many people didn't even know that Battlefront clone even existed until today. They've gone full Hasbro. Never go full Hasbro (insert Robert Downey Jr. gif). They're obsessed with clones and they can't even get that right. Still, there's a group of casual new collectors that seem to have appeared over the last year who'll just buy anything Hot Toys serves up, and I think they're fully aware of this. Us more veteran collectors (most of the people on this board) are being shunted.

Btw I'm not talking about the Bad Batch, I'm happy they're completing the line, or at least showing a picture of what a complete line-up may look like... in 2030.

"They're obsessed with clones and they can't even get that right. "

BAZINGA

[Giving TBB a pass tho, I like those boys despite everything]

..... But is this not an AotC event? If it were an OT themed event, i sure would not be expecting to see clones, etc at that.

Not specifically; it just happens to be the 20th anniversary of AOTC. But it’s also 45th the anniversary of ANH.

At this point there’s so much Star Wars that there’s going to be an anniversary of something wherever and whenever something happens like some kind of polygamist family.

Not specifically; it just happens to be the 20th anniversary of AOTC. But it’s also 45th the anniversary of ANH.
45th anniversaries really aren’t celebrated. 20th are. So really no surprise with how that’s playing out. If we get to the 50th anniversary and HT doesn’t break out figures of medal ceremony Luke, Wedge, C-3PO, the Death Star Trooper, a TIE pilot, and a new Chewie, something is really wrong here.

Happy with all the clones and recent AOTC releases. More will be coming within this year at some point people are just so impatient.

45th anniversaries really aren’t celebrated. 20th are. So really no surprise with how that’s playing out. If we get to the 50th anniversary and HT doesn’t break out figures of medal ceremony Luke, Wedge, C-3PO, the Death Star Trooper, a TIE pilot, and a new Chewie, something is really wrong here.

I was more answering Ramatuelle’s question about whether this is an AOTC anniversary specific event, which it isn’t.

I only brought up ANH 45th to make a point that there’s always going to be some kind of anniversary going on for Star Wars. Companies can take advantage of that to the degree they choose or are mandated to.

But yes I agree, ANH 50th in 5 years should bring some new Episode IV figures otherwise there’s a serious problem.

Back