1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is that one quote: “if you expect disappointment, then you can never really be disappointed.

Fan of the High Republic, supporter of the Star Wars Eternal game boycott, likes TLJ and has pronouns in bio. Doesn't allow comments on this bizarre take he has on expected nerdboys reaction to biker girl.

Why can’t we have nice things? Figures the first promising thing from High Republic -Eclipse has to be boycotted... Then again the game could be total crap anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not holding out hope for any Star Wars game except Fallen Order 2. The first game was great. It felt like Star Wars, the team clearly likes Star Wars, and it felt like it was made for longtime Star Wars fans. Some shortcomings, sure, but overall the game was a lot of fun. Have lowkey hoping Hot Toys would make Cal but I realize they probably don't have the license.

Other than that, I'm just holding out hope that they don't screw up the KOTOR remake. If It's not the same game with modern graphics/engine I'm going to be upset.

High Republic be damned, the rest of that era has been nonsense. Eclipse can be great but I'll wait for people to play it before I think about getting it. That said, the boycott is absolute nonsense. Wish Disney would stop pandering to the woke crowd.

Fan of the High Republic, supporter of the Star Wars Eternal game boycott, likes TLJ and has pronouns in bio. Doesn't allow comments on this bizarre take he has on expected nerdboys reaction to biker girl.

DI-Gyu9WAAAj5rg.jpg

The day before Boba comes out and HT releases...Thena from Eternals

lol
It was only a matter of time. Best to get it out now and focus on No Way Home and Book of Boba Fett in the beginning of next year.

Hawkeye, as well, but I don't see a lot coming from that.

This fool is just that: a fool.

The reasons people are wary have not one thing to do with this character being female. If he were male, same thing: Boba has one little pet now, and that is stretching it. He does not need a nice little family.

We get him out of the sarlacc, only to entrap him with an ersatz family? It better not happen. I want my favorite jaig hawk to fly free, raining down destruction as he sees fit.

Literally ME the very MOMENT I saw that SPECIFIC PICTURE.

1606320970444.jpg

Ugh, I'm just so IRRATIONALLY ANGRY. And wow, that guy is there for it?! My humilation is now complete!

I don't know what's worse; such people doing it to provoke and elicit a reaction, purely for marketing reasons, or them being this goddamn wrong in the head. What happened with having each IP having its own voice and fanbase? I've learned to not care about all these pop culture things at this point, regardless of how much time and money I've sunk into them. Just keep the good parts and ignore the rest.

Anyway, if the leaks/spoilers I've read are true (don't expect many surprises), it's not that bad. It's another Big Man & Adopted Daughteru story. Joel & Ellie, Booker & Elizabeth, Logan & Laura, Geralt & Ciri, now it's Boba & this girl, and Strange & America in the MCU. I guess we've stopped doing stories about fathers & sons. When was the last such dynamic? Tron Legacy I think. 11 years ago. Wew...

You have to accept that when the thing you love becomes so popular, so part of everyday public life, and becomes so oversaturated with content, that it's bound to be appropriated for other uses, or bent to the will of certain individuals.

You can't hold onto it all. Take what you like, and leave what you don't. There's plenty to go around, and even the things you don't like may afford opportunities for product that otherwise wouldn't have a chance.

Every franchise evolves as it ages and passes through different hands. The Phantom Menace itself showed that Lucas himself had changed, and was changing the character of Star Wars.

The only purity is in the original, and everything subsequent risks muddying the water. The best output has been from those who honoured the character of original as close as they were able, but even then there's unavoidable instances where contemporary sensibilities emerge.

I feel the same way about Planet of the Apes. I love the original films (and series), and the ape designs. None of the later films came close to rivalling them, so I ignore them. They're not my apes.

You have to accept that when the thing you love becomes so popular, so part of everyday public life, and becomes so oversaturated with content, that it's bound to be appropriated for other uses, or bent to the will of certain individuals.

You can't hold onto it all. Take what you like, and leave what you don't. There's plenty to go around, and even the things you don't like may afford opportunities for product that otherwise wouldn't have a chance.

Every franchise evolves as it ages and passes through different hands. The Phantom Menace itself showed that Lucas himself had changed, and was changing the character of Star Wars.

The only purity is in the original, and everything subsequent risks muddying the water. The best output has been from those who honoured the character of original as close as they were able, but even then there's unavoidable instances where contemporary sensibilities emerge.

I feel the same way about Planet of the Apes. I love the original films (and series), and the ape designs. None of the later films came close to rivalling them, so I ignore them. They're not my apes.
That's all very true, but the Apes comparison isn't exactly apt. The new versions (Burton, Rise) are different canons. What's being done here is retconning already established lore, or needlessly ruining characters. For all their talk, their "new stories" are watered down, cookie-cutter nonsense. I'd have applauded TLJ if it actually did "subvert my expectations" by having Rey join Kylo and end the Sith & Jedi. That'd be pushing the narrative forward, which I could at least accept. But they didn't do that, they just kept rehashing the same ******** while ruining the old guard.

In this particular case Boba getting an adopted daughteru is another cliche, which depending on the execution could be fine. I don't really mind it, I liked the actress in the Yellowjackets episodes I watched (I dropped it after 5 or so, when I realised how dragged out it'd be, and when I heard that they were planning for 5 seasons). I just don't get the obsession with deliberately trying to make people angry or ruin what came before. Even going by marketing it doesn't hold any water, since when people get angry they opt out. Marvel lived by that tactic during the Quesada EIC era, and they had absolutely absymal sales. Comic sales have been in general for a decade now, but they were truly dreadful numbers. But now that they more or less went back to giving people what they want, they're selling better and the stories are more compact. NWH was just wish fulfilment and nostalgia in movie form, and it did gangbusters. Why not try pleasing people instead of alienating them?

I've personally stoped caring much about canon, but it's easier to do it in the soap opera that is capes, than in something like SW where it's a movie-series mainly and actors and the such are vital to process. You can always do a temporal polarity transdimensional removal and revert Tony Stark to a human instead of a technorobot AI copy of a copy of a merge of 3 different AU versions (actually a real thing, not making it up). But you can never ressurect Luke or retcon TFA.

I’m not worried about that girl. The show is going to be great, just like Mando, Bad Batch, and Final Clone Wars season was great.

As far as the next figure I think it will be a character from BoBF. I think they go all in just like they did with Mando. Hoping for a Gamorrean Guard.

Unless Disney start going in and altering the OT and PT to have their own 'agenda' special editions (which they never will) then all the stuff I don't like is dead to me and I can still enjoy SW without feeling attacked.

The day before Boba comes out and HT releases...Thena from Eternals

lol

Though i couldn't care less for that Thena, we knew she was coming sooner or later. Now she's out of the way, we can all get excited for that "new" Boba Fett going up for PO on friday ^^

That's all very true, but the Apes comparison isn't exactly apt. The new versions (Burton, Rise) are different canons. What's being done here is retconning already established lore, or needlessly ruining characters.

POTA was just an example that came to mind of things changing over the years.

Changes within Star Wars do cut deeper. Disney already eradicated a mass of EU material from canon, often to only replace it with things that are less in character.

They may take away our EU, but they'll never take our canon! :lol

I've long been of the opinion that head canon is superior to whatever the current license holder decides is canon. I felt the same with the PT as I was watching The Phantom Menace for the first time.

Back