1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still holding out for the General Kenobi figure, but I still think a few of us are gambling that it will be Fennec for the B.O.B.F. It would be nice though to get a figure with a face sculpt (decent one) that we've never seen before.

I would definitely love a gold leader figure. It would never happen, but...
I also think the ship sailed on kenobi. It seems lost in the dead prototype pile. Too many shows coming up and it seems like everything is new new new. If I’m correct, In 2021 we have had one ot announcement (scout and speeder) and 2 pt announcements (Jesse and the other clone). If we read the writing on the wall, maybe kenobi will be when his show comes out or we will just get a different kenobi from the show. Then the general version will haunt me until my wife finds out about how much I spend and she murders me.

Just anything at this point, whether I order it or not, would be nice.

The clones came out of nowhere, which was awesome, but this dry spell between August and December has been brutal with just 3 troopers.

To be fair Marvel collectors were feeling the same way when Mando Mania was happening. Your patience will be rewarded eventually...

At this point just give us something. I’ll take a figure of Gold Leader at this point just to see movement on the Star Wars front.

Even though it would never happen, I would unironically love a figure of Gold Leader. I have his helmet, autograph, action figures, etc. since we have a big pilot focus.

They may just be waiting to synergize with The Book of Boba Fett before making any announcements. Or could be that LFL wants them for a "Bring Home the Bounty" campaign reveal.

Which I find really annoying. Never liked their weekly drip feed of news style they've adopted in recent years.

But right now is definitely going to be Spidey time, which I understand. More Star Wars announcements will hit eventually. I'm okay waiting.

To be fair Marvel collectors were feeling the same way when Mando Mania was happening. Your patience will be rewarded eventually...

giphy (66).gif

I consider myself to be a Marvel collector. For now my Marvel collection is bigger than my SW collection, but I'm getting real tired of this constant barrage of Marvel being shoved down our throats. I'm not sure how it is for other Marvel collectors, but the fatigue has set in big time for me. Phase 4 has been nothing special so far. Characters being deconstructed and built up to be something they're not, messages being shoved down our throat. Marvel has to do better. At least to keep my attention.
Price is playing a big part as well. The new President Loki could've been an interesting figure, but not at a €310 pricepoint.

I'm even starting to look at my own collection with different eyes. I have loved these films and characters. Most of them because of watching the cartoons during my childhood. But recently I've noticed something has started crumbling. Like everything new that's out or has been announced damages the legacy they built up.
I'm thinking of selling a number of figures, because looking back on it, I bought some of them for completionists sake, than actually loving the character. I might just keep a core number of figures that really resonate with me and the rest will probably go. Might be a while because space isn't really an issue yet, but it's gonna happen.

The MCU's heyday is over as far as I'm concerned.

I've got enough plastic dollies sitting on my plate right now, so pretty much I do not have the obsessive need to constantly complaint about every single Marvel releases atm.

HT need to make the Death Star Trooper, General Veers in Hot Gear, Phase 1 Clone Pilot, Admiral Ackbar and Treggor Tels (Squidhead) bare minimum.

I wish they'd stop making sequel and crap.

Hot Toys need to make the Death Star Trooper, General Veers in Hoth Gear. Admiral Ackbar, Treggor Tels (Squidhead) and the Phase one Clone pilot. They've actually done very few of the aliens - I was lucky to pick up an Ithorian.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone.😃

I also think the ship sailed on kenobi. It seems lost in the dead prototype pile. Too many shows coming up and it seems like everything is new new new. If I’m correct, In 2021 we have had one ot announcement (scout and speeder) and 2 pt announcements (Jesse and the other clone). If we read the writing on the wall, maybe kenobi will be when his show comes out or we will just get a different kenobi from the show. Then the general version will haunt me until my wife finds out about how much I spend and she murders me.
I fear that you are right fantasticfrog. With the upcoming shows slated to drop Dec. and next year, they'll primarily focus on that I'm guessing. I do hope in the Kenobi series that they have flashback scenes of Obi and Anakin in their respective armour in the early stages of the Clone Wars. Heck, I wouldn't mind if the whole series was based on back stories.....A real life animated Clone Series (kind of) brought to life maybe.:unsure:

Wishful thinking here, but how cool would it be to have General Grievous, before Mace force choked him? Say the Tartakovsky version.
Star Wars' 2D Clone Wars on Disney Plus makes General Grievous cool again -  Polygon

Back