1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certain characters from the Infinity Saga will always be popular but these Phase 4 figures are absolute trash. They soon will be taking up space in bins and closets like Sequel Trilogy stuff.
The Infinity Saga will carry some long term popularity but it'll be nothing like Star Wars was for those of us of a certain age. When you think about the kids of the Infinity Saga era, look at all the other entertainment stuff they had competing with it. When I was a kid, Star Wars was competing with...what? Happy Days? Barney Miller? Buck Rogers (if it was on in 77). Anyway, my point is the reason Star Wars will always have popularity with the GenX group is because it came at a time with minimal competition and was ground breaking and perfect in so many of our eyes...

Marvel isn’t going to be this popular in ten years. That’s my point.
The original star wars fans are getting older. In 20 years they probably won't be doing much collecting while the first mcu fans will still have a few decades.

The original star wars fans are getting older. In 20 years they probably won't be doing much collecting while the first mcu fans will still have a few decades.
My point above though is will those MCU fans hold the saga as dear as Star Wars fans do the original trilogy. So much more competition for their interests. I agree there will be some, but I don't see their numbers approaching Star Wars fandom. But you are correct in the fact that Star Wars is going to take an eventual dive as folks of my generation stop collecting.

So what day does Hot Toys usually announce figures?

I have $180 of Sideshow points expiring on Jan 1st that I NEED to spend! If they don't announce any new OT figures I'll have to order the ROTJ Scout and Speeder.

Certain characters from the Infinity Saga will always be popular but these Phase 4 figures are absolute trash. They soon will be taking up space in bins and closets like Sequel Trilogy stuff.
Dude we only had the Avengers until phase 4, now we are going to get the whole Marvel universe:

+Mutants
+Fantastic Four
+more Cosmic characters
+Street level characters like Daredevil and Moon Knight
+New Avengers

and more to come, the MCU will grow more fast and will stay more popular with each sequel chapter; and eventually we will have a new Tony Stark and a new Steve Rogers in the next 10-20 years or maybe even after Secret Wars, the next Endgame saga movie and reboot franchise.
Dude look at this, until phase 4, we only had a small taste of what the MCU can become:

Marvel.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Shang-Chi a lot. But outside of Shang-Chi and Yelina, I have genuinely not liked any of the new phase four characters. Kate Bishop might make the list depending on how these last two episodes.

I agree that the Infinity Saga will be timeless, but there was a TON of merch that people bough already. I think the original 23 (21? whatever the number is) are already infinitely watchable and I'm sure I'll be watching Infinity War 20 years from now. But will people still be buying Steve Rogers and Tony Stark stuff then, like they do for Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi now? I'm not convinced the answer is yes.

Where does the reward points expiration date appear? I've checked my SS account and don't see it.
Anything earned before Jan 2021 expires on 1st Jan 2022, it's a blanket deletion by Sideshow. Anything earned after Jan 2021 should have an expiry date on it.

If you have those reward points they send you for a purchase, can you use those and your regular rewards on the same purchase? I just got some of those and these regular rewards are also going to need to be used before jan 1.

I already know whats gonna happen: Fennec will go up for PO Jan 3.

If they don't announce any new OT figures I'll have to order the ROTJ Scout and Speeder.

That was my plan exactly... until I found out I cashed out all my points in March 2021 and started over, so my new points won't start expiring until March of 2022. I have a little more time.

Anything earned before Jan 2021 expires on 1st Jan 2022, it's a blanket deletion by Sideshow. Anything earned after Jan 2021 should have an expiry date on it.
Thank you, j14!

I just double-checked and found the info. Fortunately for me...

"Expiring Rewards: $0.00 (0 rewards - expiring on 1/1/22 12:00 am PT)"

I also found that I had last cashed out my points in May 1st, 2021 so I'm good until May 2022. If I don't get pulled into throwing them at another figure, Fennic has until then... :wink1:

Where does the reward points expiration date appear? I've checked my SS account and don't see it.

The reward points expire one year after they're issued to you.

They put the amount of pending and expiring rewards under the available balance on the "Your Rewards" page.

They're also supposed to give you a 30 day warning before your points expire, but I would keep track of it yourself.

You can also go by one year after the points are issued to you in your history.

If you have those reward points they send you for a purchase, can you use those and your regular rewards on the same purchase? I just got some of those and these regular rewards are also going to need to be used before jan 1.

I already know whats gonna happen: Fennec will go up for PO Jan 3.

If you mean the thank you coupon for a purchase, you can combine a coupon/promo code and your reward points in the same order.

They will give you reward points for an order using both, minus the value of the coupon used.

I also have no expiring rewards, used a ton on the Ahsoka PF back in May.

However, I have
Pending Rewards: $209.75 (4195 rewards)

I'm sure a few of you here are beating me with pending rewards lol

The reward points expire one year after they're issued to you.

They put the amount of pending and expiring rewards under the available balance on the "Your Rewards" page.

They're also supposed to give you a 30 day warning before your points expire, but I would keep track of it yourself.

You can also go by one year after the points are issued to you in your history.
Thanks, MyenShi. I finally spotted that section. I'm good to go for some time.

I also have no expiring rewards, used a ton on the Ahsoka PF back in May.

However, I have
Pending Rewards: $209.75 (4195 rewards)

I'm sure a few of you here are beating me with pending rewards lol

We have about the same amount of pending points.

But unfortunately a chunk of that is from the EFX Season 2 Mandalorian helmet so they may be pending forever. :lol

Back