1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dst-meme-2.jpg

The problem with Death Star Trooper is that it's not really your normal helmeted Trooper figure. It's easy to sell multiple helmeted troopers but not a lot of people will buy the same trooper and have multiples of the exact same face. The face paint will take more work than the usual helmeted troopers also. It's best to view Death Star Trooper as a named character figure than a trooper.
Even the two Sideshow officers Praji and Piett, without much resemblance to the original actors sold pretty well.

The thing is Hot toys likes to go the easy way. Still we can show them the figures they didn't make and ask to make them from time to time. Unless this offends the members here of course LOL

Or a Venomized Carnage/Carnaged Venom - whatever that butt-uggly thing is supposed to be... For F's sake. :slap

Hopefully that's not the only announcement this week.
I'm actually glad when I see things like this because A) I don't want it and I save money, and B) It's a relatively quick and easy thing to get through production and not clog things up. All in all, it'll be a forgettable release that gets cranked out and doesn't impact my wanted figures' timelines or my wallet.

I'm actually glad when I see things like this because A) I don't want it and I save money, and B) It's a relatively quick and easy thing to get through production and not clog things up. All in all, it'll be a forgettable release that gets cranked out and doesn't impact my wanted figures' timelines or my wallet.
You do have a good point there, but still... it's been more than a month since the last Star Wars announcement, so hopefully we'll see something soon.

The Sandtrooper Sergeant baffles me even more. They released every stormtrooper version under the sun (Rogue One, First Order, Mando, ROTJ, Battlefront) but not that one.
It’ll probably come out with some show eventually
Veers or Piett need good resemblance. The Death Star Trooper can have any generic face.

And BTW why do you quote yourself for more than once?
because I’m more used to using Twitter lol

Oh yeah, I want one as well. You can't be in this hobby if you care more about your wallet than your favorite toy license! :)
I could honestly care less about what they announce at this point, hell at this point I’d rather see anything release before any Star Wars announcement. Since aside from a very small handful of PT or OT stuff, everything I’d want has been announced and it’s just a waiting game

Probably one of the few figures that I would pick up multiples of. The consoles are a great dio piece and the uniforms can be repurposed for customs.

Ever since seeing this teased at the cons, I had plans for at least two. I would keep one set stock and on the second one, use the base/consoles for a custom Detention Center Han:

"Everything is under control. Situation normal. Had a slight weapons malfunction. But uh, everything is perfectly alright now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Han detention center.jpg

Probably one of the few figures that I would pick up multiples of. The consoles are a great dio piece and the uniforms can be repurposed for customs.

Ever since seeing this teased at the cons, I had plans for at least two. I would keep one set stock and on the second one, use the base/consoles for a custom Detention Center Han:

"Everything is under control. Situation normal. Had a slight weapons malfunction. But uh, everything is perfectly alright now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

View attachment 539923
Yes to all of this.

I want to army build sandtroopers... They could easily do all versions, including the ROTJ Trooper with black pauldron. Needs to happen! They can even save some $$$ and reuse the foot-print sand display!

The issue is they wouldn’t put all that development on a headsculpt of a character that doesn’t even have a name
And it’s even worse when it’s a trooper but they’ed have to all have the same heads
HT solution....Exclusive *never before seen DS Trooper tech mask :lol
*it was behind the railing
l0IlI0Y.jpg

Last edited:
Small Brain: Dx Luke was the first Star Wars Hot Toy

Big Brain:
The real first Star Wars Hot Toy

rerelease it cowards

Attachments

• F1A1B5AF-4553-4A2E-9C58-BEE1377E4B2E.jpeg
    F1A1B5AF-4553-4A2E-9C58-BEE1377E4B2E.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 28