1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC is just around the corner. Expecting Vader and Obi-Wan to be revealed there. With a new McGregor HS developed, i really hope Hot Toys will take full advantage of it and spread R&D costs over three or four versions.
I don't see Hot Toys passing on a new trooper and we'll also get a Purge Trooper. I have a feeling they may skip Reva altogether though.

Thor is a week or 2 earlier than I thought he would be
I was thinking the same but the movie was meant to release back in November so the window may have opened for Hot Toys to put up solicitations? I don't keep track that well but I can't remember the last time Hot Toys revealed/put up solicitations for a product before the show/movie was released. Was it for No Way Home?

Give it six months
It depends if Hot Toys received any concept art or photos from the show to see Vader's damaged helmet. If Disney kept that reveal close, similar to Luke in Mandalorian, 6 months would be accurate.

No way. Another Vader mostly double-dip reuse for HT? They'll be on this quickly. Next week I imagine. Why save it for SDCC? Get that money, boi.
I used to think that same thing about Toby/Andrew Spider-Man figures. That movie came out 7 months ago and somehow Hot Toys hasn't rushed them out. Not saying you won't be right but I just don't think Hot Toys cares to get things up ASAP anymore.

It depends if Hot Toys received any concept art or photos from the show to see Vader's damaged helmet. If Disney kept that reveal close, similar to Luke in Mandalorian, 6 months would be accurate.
I'm going to guess Lucasfilm played it pretty close to the chest. All of the other big moments from the D+ Star Wars shows were kept under wraps pretty well, so I'm thinking Hot Toys probably didn't get any advanced noticed and given how much trouble they seem to have getting sculpts out these days, I can't see this one being quick to go up.

They could always just release Vader with the bare minimum, no battle damaged helmet or chest box.

They could include those in the $380 Obi-Wan Kenobi Deluxe figure and make it so that they're only compatible with the OWK Vader so people have to pick up both.

That duel and the slashed helmet was their big reveal moment so I would not expect very many people to have known the details about it.

It was said the SWC figure was a Ro stand-in so maybe the Kenobi version had details they couldn’t show yet. But I don’t know if they would’ve been given much info about any significant damage he sustains since that’s a major plot point.

Hot Toys could probably get a battle damaged figure ready relatively quickly and just blur out the damaged sculpt “pending licensor approval” if they wanted to solicit it earlier though.

But a well executed battle damaged Vader is going to sell no matter when it goes up so we’ll probably just see it in a few months.

I'm going to guess Lucasfilm played it pretty close to the chest. All of the other big moments from the D+ Star Wars shows were kept under wraps pretty well, so I'm thinking Hot Toys probably didn't get any advanced noticed and given how much trouble they seem to have getting sculpts out these days, I can't see this one being quick to go up.

I agree, there’s no way any of the licensees would have seen anything significant from the finale. Maybe even from the latter half of the season.

I would guess they barely saw anything beyond what was in the trailers so mostly just the first two episodes with some additional character designs from later episodes.

They could always just release Vader with the bare minimum, no battle damaged helmet or chest box.

They could include those in the $380 Obi-Wan Kenobi Deluxe figure and make it so that they're only compatible with the OWK Vader so people have to pick up both.

That would be unprecedented and would cause a minor riot. :lol

If they were to do something like that, it would be an accessory set like the Iron Man Mk 50 but that bombed so I hope they got the idea no one likes those.

I think they’re more likely to just make a second battle damaged figure which would be preferable.

I was thinking the same but the movie was meant to release back in November so the window may have opened for Hot Toys to put up solicitations? I don't keep track that well but I can't remember the last time Hot Toys revealed/put up solicitations for a product before the show/movie was released. Was it for No Way Home?

That is true, I forgot how much the Marvel slate was moved around due to Covid. I was hoping for a Kenobi so it was a bit disappointing. I'm sure it'll be awhile before we see BD Vader and final duel Kenobi, but I want that blue outfit look he had in the premiere.

Anyone catch Thor listed as October 2023-March 2024? Probably what we're going to be looking at now with the Kenobi figures/Wave 2 of Attack of the Clones, and that doesn't even include the wait between release and getting into stock at Sideshow. Hope they announce them soon but like others have said, I'd presume our first look will be SDCC.

Anyone catch Thor listed as October 2023-March 2024? Probably what we're going to be looking at now with the Kenobi figures/Wave 2 of Attack of the Clones.
I know people threaten this kind of thing all the time but this is going to be my end in this hobby. At least for Hot Toys. I have zero desire to wait two years for release plus another 4-6 months to all orders being filled.

If Mace Windu goes up he will be my last order from Hot Toys. Those kind of lead times are just unacceptable to me.

Prices, wait times and incomplete collections have really slowed my HT collecting. Not to mention no real interest in the current Marvel/Star Wars stuff and being satisfied with my collection of those franchises. I have Devo suit Doc Brown on PO from them and that's it.
With the tidal wave of releases Disney has coming up, I can only see wait times getting worse. Exo-6 and Asmus have my attention, heart and wallet at the moment. Reasonably priced, reasonable preview to shipping time frame and characters I have wanted for years, not to mention comms with collectors.

Anyone catch Thor listed as October 2023-March 2024? Probably what we're going to be looking at now with the Kenobi figures/Wave 2 of Attack of the Clones, and that doesn't even include the wait between release and getting into stock at Sideshow. Hope they announce them soon but like others have said, I'd presume our first look will be SDCC.
I'm not into superhero stuff very much. I watch the very occasional movie but I've seen very little of the MCU.
I do know, however, that the MCU has had a constant downpour of movies and now streaming shows, for years.
Seems like a never ending parade of trailers for Marvel stuff.
So, HT put up a PO for a Thor figure for a movie that is coming out soon (I have no idea when the next Thor movie is out, I assume its soon) with a release date of potentially March 2024?!
Come the figures release, is anyone going to care about this Thor figure, for a movie that came out 2 years ago?
How many Marvel movies and shows will have been made in the next 2 years.
I suppose its possible there could be a new Thor movie coming out soonish after this figure is released, with a whole new exciting look.
When you've got a character appearing in so many films, with so many different costumes, who's had so many figures made of them, you'd think HT would want as short a turn around as possible before the next new look, movie, big thing, comes around to take your Marvel customers interest.
It's difficult as it is keeping interest and excitement in a Star Wars figure almost 2 years out.
With the frequent costume changes and upgrades for some Star Wars characters (Boba has had 4 looks since his return) Star Wars is starting to have the same issue, but not quite as much as Marvel does.
How many Thor figures has there been so far? He's appeared in loads of these films, each with a new costume, a new figure. At what point does a customer lose interest?
Then you make them wait 2 years to get it.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people still waiting to receive whatever the last Thor figure was and now here comes the PO for the new one.
It's these long wait times that's going to be make me quite Hot Toys.
It's one thing to wait almost 2 years for a figure from the OT its another to wait 2 years for a figure of this particular costume, when there's frequent costume upgrades and there'll be another 2 new costume upgrades before this one is even released.

I'm passing on Thor because he was phoned in.

Look at Cad Bane then - a stellar release. Looking forward to seeing their upcoming Star Wars releases at SDCC.

Back