1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking a huge step back, I personally think the no-name clones offerings from Hot Toys is standard procedure for them. They almost always release variants or non-fan favourite stuff first, then get to the good stuff later when collectors have already commited to the no-name stuff.

Do it the other way around and no one buys the no name clones. I guess their ploy is to get at least 2 releases per tooling ??

Look at C3PO or the battle droids. Repaint and re-issue is the name of the game unfortunately.

Personally the HT showing here has been meh at best for me. But I guess that's good for my wallet !

I joked sarcastically yesterday that all we'd seen would be it. But looks like that could be really the case. So yep, meh !

I don’t think Celebration is ever as big as we think it might be. The bigger reveals are still saved for SDCC.
HT could’ve still thrown just one 20th anniversary AOTC bone to sweeten the pot even if just one!

A Mace
A Padme
A Clone Obi Wan
A Bly or any other specifically requested Clone hell even an Airborne Trooper.

Then a 1/4 Vader to cap it off.

Had they just gone the extra mile and gave us a popular character the complaints would be much more muted.

I just do not understand the perspective that people are being impatient. This was the moment to prove us wrong, to show off Padme, Mace, something from the OT etc. If this was all part of a plan for the 20th anniversary, they would have prototypes ready to go and show. This isn't something they only had days to prepare for, theyve had YEARS to prepare for Celebration and the Anniversary of AOTC- and this is what they gave us. I'm not cutting them any slack, and I don't think they've done anything recently to warrant that slack. I really am starting to believe that Phase 2 announcement was just to shut us up for a bit.
Yep, even if they are rough/unfinished prototypes just SHOW US. We've waited long enough, but nah here's a RO Vader repackaging, and 2 cheap nasty looking chrome trooper repaints.

Howard mentioned that they get more information to work with from Marvel so it allows them to launch figures close to the film launch. Lucasfilm doesn't give them anything. I hope they announce Kenobi with an Eopie on Saturday though :)
This is interesting information. Adds a lot to the perspective of when to expect any reveals. Thank you!

Why promise something then fail to deliver when it makes the most sense?
There was no specific promise made. Just because they said to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of AOTC doesn’t mean they meant it to be at Celebration. Again, the big reveals tend to be at SDCC. Celebration is a filler event and it’s why we generally get stuff like Trooper variants.

Howard mentioned that they get more information to work with from Marvel so it allows them to launch figures close to the film launch. Lucasfilm doesn't give them anything. I hope they announce Kenobi with an Eopie on Saturday though :)
Before Hoth Luke on a Tauntaun? You better shut your mouth, I know where you live! :lol

Looks like we'll get an updated Ahsoka from her own show...

Spoiler Spoiler:

If it's one step closer toward accuracy, I'm all for it. Still not where it needs to be as in Rebels but I do think it's a welcomed upgrade from Mando.
Should've made it more accurate to begin with though.

May as well cancel the Mando version.

In this case they probably should've given them early access to designs seeming that one of their employees leaked the entire plot for each episode months ago.

Back