1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just do not understand the perspective that people are being impatient. This was the moment to prove us wrong, to show off Padme, Mace, something from the OT etc. If this was all part of a plan for the 20th anniversary, they would have prototypes ready to go and show. This isn't something they only had days to prepare for, theyve had YEARS to prepare for Celebration and the Anniversary of AOTC- and this is what they gave us. I'm not cutting them any slack, and I don't think they've done anything recently to warrant that slack. I really am starting to believe that Phase 2 announcement was just to shut us up for a bit.

I reckon we could get a figure released later on tonight from the Kenobi show. They released a new Dr Strange figure the night the new movie got released so I hope something similar will happen with this

I might be ordering 4-5 figures this weekend

giphy.gif

I reckon we could get a figure released later on tonight from the Kenobi show. They released a new Dr Strange figure the night the new movie got released so I hope something similar will happen with this

Howard mentioned that they get more information to work with from Marvel so it allows them to launch figures close to the film launch. Lucasfilm doesn't give them anything. I hope they announce Kenobi with an Eopie on Saturday though :)

That's how Kenobi going to steal the high ground from Reva. She gonna slip after stepping in a Eopie-pie. Kenobi knows the terrain.

I dont expect every actor in the world to take an intensive course in SW lore in order to play a role; they're actors, after all.

I do think its smart to not admit ignorance in public, or to evince disdain for the concept in public.

Harrison Ford hates Star Wars and we love him. Rian Johnson claims to love Star Wars and we hate him. That puts the whole do they need to like or know Star Wars debate to bed for me. For actors it doesn't matter whether they know it or not, as long as they can act and do their research before playing the part.

Directors and writers on the other hand MUST like and know Star Wars, otherwise go make something else. Nothing is as terrifying as that Leslye Headland quote about one of her writers, on The Acolyte, having never seen Star Wars and not even knowing Luke and Leia are siblings. Actually, when I think of The High Republic I immediately think none of these guys have liked or watched Star Wars before.

No lie detected here. I think what chafes is that not only are they kind of cheaping/wimping out with an endless parade of standard, generic troopers we cannot even get the clones we DO want. I mean, okay, *clones* - but make them the really good ones you know?

"They're obsessed with clones and they can't even get that right. "

BAZINGA

[Giving TBB a pass tho, I like those boys despite everything]
Yeah, very happy they're teasing the other Bad Batch members, They all feel more like individual characters than just clones. Plus their designs are really cool, and the translation from animated to realistic headsculpts look amazing, especially on Hunter. They were definitely the highlight of that ****show from Hot Toys yesterday.

Back