1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as soon as they're in a D+ show.....

HT: "Well why didn't you say so?!?!"

Justin's Collection said he heard one more SW release before Chinese New Year. No idea what. We'll see.

I'd put my money on Jango if I had to bet.

The Boba 2pk got tee'd up for Book of Boba Ep1. Makes me wonder with Din incoming that they fast tracked that shiny Mando. Just a thought...

I’d love for Boushh figure to be announced or a General Veers.
But with BoBF being the hot topic I think Tusken fighter/warrior/dude will be the next announcement. failing that it might be Krrsatan.
General Veers is another must have figure that we'll probably never see.

flashback about Jango in next week's BOBF episode with some action scenes and then a simultaneous release from Hot Toys within the same day (y)

I did a visual wishlist a while back and looking back at it I can't see many more of these ever getting made. For ROTJ's 40th I can see a Boba and Emperor re-issue and a new Vader with either a General Lando or Boushh.

View attachment 556596
I could actually complete my must have OT collection with just 5 picks off this photo list.

Is it me or is HT unusually quiet with announcements. Not just Star Wars but in general. The last announcement we had was the 1/4th Iron Man on January 1st. That was almost three weeks ago. (Not counting any possible Cosbabys. Don't keep track of those). I can't remember the last time it took this long for a new announcement outside of a Chinese New Year period.

They made some vague hints at NWH figures which were basically Instagram stories of some text on pictures of their previous posts. Not like usual hints where they show like part of the chest of a figure or something.

They said something about a new Marvel collection with the Moon Knight logo, but that's it.

Perhaps they are scaling down because of the backlog they have, but I find it strange that we haven't seen anything 1/6th in three weeks. Not even a Hawkeye or something, which would be an easy announcement I'd guess.

Yeah it feels like they're taking their Chinese New Year holiday early.

Honestly the last 5 months or so has been a huge disappointment, even from the Marvel side.

Honestly, I don't mind that it's been a quiet month. While I agree that as a Star Wars collector (with some light Marvel sprinkled in), it's been a few disappointing few months, there's already a ton of delayed figures and there have been more announcements than releases. I think we can all agree that Hot Toys had been digging themselves into a hole unless they just hired a bunch of people to work production or something.

They're so behind everywhere and haven't even shown Hawkeye or No Way Home and we know there's going to be a ton coming, so hopefully they've been using these three weeks to catch up.

It's also entirely possible that with Hong Kong putting new restrictions in place and China going into a crazy lockdown to try and save Olympic participation, it's possible Hot Toys isn't even working right now, which would be less than ideal.

Honestly, I don't mind that it's been a quiet month. While I agree that as a Star Wars collector (with some light Marvel sprinkled in), it's been a few disappointing few months, there's already a ton of delayed figures and there have been more announcements than releases. I think we can all agree that Hot Toys had been digging themselves into a hole unless they just hired a bunch of people to work production or something.

They're so behind everywhere and haven't even shown Hawkeye or No Way Home and we know there's going to be a ton coming, so hopefully they've been using these three weeks to catch up.

It's also entirely possible that with Hong Kong putting new restrictions in place and China going into a crazy lockdown to try and save Olympic participation, it's possible Hot Toys isn't even working right now, which would be less than ideal.

I think their entire sculpt team is working on NWH, Hawkeye and Batman...

Goblin and Ock was leaked last night but another night of cosbabies, no 1/6 or 1/4 pieces since January 1st.

Back