1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys is still asleep at the wheel...another day of nothing. Are we guessing a spider man or venomized iron boba strange hulk Thor woman?

If HT do anymore preorders before February 1st it will likely be nothing I want. Would be nice to finally get Cobb Vanth or CW Kenobi. The chance of getting an OT release feels almost non existent.

Honestly, at this point I just hope they put the Hawkeye stuff up before the end of the month. They need to start catching up if we're ever going to see anything interesting from Star Wars again.

I guess the good news is that there's really nothing for them to make from Boba so far. Fennec is up for pre-order, we already got Boba and the Tuskens under the Mando line, I doubt they waste their time on the biker gang. I don't see them making Krrrsantan since they refuse to make another Chewbacca.

I don't know who else is supposed to pop up in this show but through three episodes there's really nothing I want, nor anything I see them making.

I can't imagine anything new from BOBF selling well except the wookiee. No idea if HT would put forth the considerable effort required to make him but I wouldn't expect to see him anytime soon. Seems like they would almost be mandated to make something from the show.

If HT do anymore preorders before February 1st it will likely be nothing I want. Would be nice to finally get Cobb Vanth or CW Kenobi. The chance of getting an OT release feels almost non existent.
I hate to say it, with the current business model, the only chance at ot or even pt characters that aren’t troopers will be the kenobi and cassian shows. That’s all we’ve got. I have no hope for han, C3po, any other leia, Chewbacca, nothing. Even if we get a supposed rotj anniversary line next year, like empire it could be half reissues. But, hot toys never makes any sense so who knows.

I hate to say it, with the current business model, the only chance at ot or even pt characters that aren’t troopers will be the kenobi and cassian shows. That’s all we’ve got. I have no hope for han, C3po, any other leia, Chewbacca, nothing. Even if we get a supposed rotj anniversary line next year, like empire it could be half reissues. But, hot toys never makes any sense so who knows.

I don't think anything from the new shows will be OT, just Lucasfilm's lousy reimaginations of the OT characters. I have a bad feeling the ROTJ anniversary line will consist of Fett and Vader reissues in nicer Kenner style boxes.

I think you are right. Without Han, who would they make besides Vader and fett? THey did the scout and won’t do minor aliens or rebels. General lando? Reuse the sculpt and minimal accessories? Maybe leia boushh?

I did a visual wishlist a while back and looking back at it I can't see many more of these ever getting made. For ROTJ's 40th I can see a Boba and Emperor re-issue and a new Vader with either a General Lando or Boushh.

otWishlist.jpg

I think you are right. Without Han, who would they make besides Vader and fett? THey did the scout and won’t do minor aliens or rebels. General lando? Reuse the sculpt and minimal accessories? Maybe leia boushh?

Yes Leia Boussh is probably about the best original HT ROTJ figure we could possibly hope for. A line of Jabba's goons like Chakaman's fantastic customs would be awesome but are an unrealistic pipe dream. As Dave's picture above illustrates there are quite a few ESB figures that should have a very good chance of happening but right now HT is simply overwhelmed and preoccupied with Marvel garbage.

Wondering if we'll get much from TBOB. There's gotta be some big cameo in the next few episodes for Hot Toys to pull the trigger with so much on their plate. THey didn't even get around previewing anything from Spiderman NWH yet.

For ROTJ, Vader is a given. They can do the sculpt and sell it to even people who have any of the previous versions. The Emperor... I don't know. I'd love it, since I don't have one, the chances of a PT Sidious are low with the [current day] onslaught of constantly releasing properties, and it costs way too much in the aftermarket. But I don't know if they'd actually re-issue him.

From TBOBF, there's one or two rumoured characters that I can see them making, but anything else... They're still very behind. They haven't shown the two Hawkeyes, and no NWH Spider-Man/Villains. In March we've got Batman and at the tail end Moon Knight. Then in May there's Doctor Strange and somewhere there's Kenobi. And that's the first half of the year. It's too much for them to be doing anything bar the main stars, and even then that means catching up with older films is out of the question. As it stands, Kenobi is the only hope we have to get some PT stuff.

Which part is the limiting aspect for the number of figures we get per year? Pre-production phase (sculpting, tailoring, etc) or the serial production part? If it is the latter it can be solved by investing in production facilities.

I did a visual wishlist a while back and looking back at it I can't see many more of these ever getting made. For ROTJ's 40th I can see a Boba and Emperor re-issue and a new Vader with either a General Lando or Boushh.

View attachment 556596
I would buy every one of those. Every single one.

From TBOBF, there's one or two rumoured characters that I can see them making, but anything else... They're still very behind. They haven't shown the two Hawkeyes, and no NWH Spider-Man/Villains. In March we've got Batman and at the tail end Moon Knight. Then in May there's Doctor Strange and somewhere there's Kenobi. And that's the first half of the year. It's too much for them to be doing anything bar the main stars, and even then that means catching up with older films is out of the question. As it stands, Kenobi is the only hope we have to get some PT stuff.
Don't forget the Cassian show is this year too. I believe it's set five or six years before Rogue One takes place, so 14 BBY. Kenobi is 9 BBY. Fallen Order was 14 BBY and there were already stormtroopers everywhere so it might be tough to get PT stuff in there.

My guess is that the most desired PT figures on a large scale are most likely Mace Windu, Darth Sidious, Padme Amidala, ARC Trooper Fives and Clone Commander Wolffe. Maybe there's a shot some will pop up in flashback scenes.

I do wonder if Cal Kestis and the Mantis crew will show up in either show, though. It would be cool to see him and Merrin in live action. Probably a better chance of Ahsoka showing up. Who knows.

I just want some OT/PT/CW stuff. Don't really care who is it but would prefer someone that hasn't been made yet.

Don't forget the Cassian show is this year too. I believe it's set five or six years before Rogue One takes place, so 14 BBY. Kenobi is 9 BBY. Fallen Order was 14 BBY and there were already stormtroopers everywhere so it might be tough to get PT stuff in there.

My guess is that the most desired PT figures on a large scale are most likely Mace Windu, Darth Sidious, Padme Amidala, ARC Trooper Fives and Clone Commander Wolffe. Maybe there's a shot some will pop up in flashback scenes.

I do wonder if Cal Kestis and the Mantis crew will show up in either show, though. It would be cool to see him and Merrin in live action. Probably a better chance of Ahsoka showing up. Who knows.

I just want some OT/PT/CW stuff. Don't really care who is it but would prefer someone that hasn't been made yet.
I forgot about the Andor show, good catch. I honestly don't know what to expect from it. I'm totally blind.

As for Kenobi and potential PT figures, I'm counting on the flashbacks, not the "current" timeline of the show. We could see re-issues of ROTS Anakin/Kenobi at the very least. Maybe some TCW looks but in live-action. Anything else, I'm not holding my breath for, unless they decide to do someone else (Mace, Palpatine, Padme) as a companion piece.

As for Cal and the others, I don't know. I assume Ezra will show up alongside Thrawn in the Ahsoka show, but beyond that I have no clue. I'd like a figure of him though, as I've said before, my focus with Star Wars are the Force Users.

I assume we're going to see a lot of Rebels and Imperials in the Andor show. Star Wars Rebels starts in 14 BBY (Ezra was 14 when he joined the Spectres, I believe) so we know that the Rebellion was a bunch of different groups not yet allied with each other. Since this is the same year that Andor is set to start, we'll probably follow his group before they eventually unify with the rest of the Rebel Alliance.

I would imagine we'll just follow Cassian and his crew at first, but we could later see Mon Mothma, Wedge Antilles, General Dodanna, maybe even Ahsoka Tano and Cal Kestis. Hell, since they’re big on bringing in old EU elements lately, maybe we see something like Crix Madine’s defection from the Empire to the Alliance on Corellia since that was from the old Rogue Squadron game.

Would be neat to see some Clones like Fives and Echo in the Kenobi show in flashbacks. Would be nice to get figures of some other favorites. Still hoping for that Windu figure though.

Back