1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really convinced myself that a new R2 was coming. Mando Luke and R2 just made sense and here we are months later, Mando Luke with no new R2. Luckily, a member on the board was selling him for a reasonable price and after a few weeks I just pulled the trigger. Never know with HT.

They are very preoccupied with Marvel trash at the moment. It could take a long time to see R2 again. Even in the unlikely event that he was put up for preorder tomorrow it would still be a near two year wait.

I wonder what the chances of that TCW General Kenobi being released, I think I'd like to add an Obi-Wan to the SW collection.

Well, this has been a boring few months...
Yeah it really has.

Even if I don't buy everything, I still love talking about upcoming figures, even speculating when they hint at future figures in the pre-order photos.

All we've gotten is 3 troopers and no hints at anything to come, pretty disappointing.

From FB. All the figures on the docket:

261644147_10209361104661633_8644620729285819663_n.jpg

262798865_10209361103141595_5142343015097930200_n.jpg

I really convinced myself that a new R2 was coming. Mando Luke and R2 just made sense and here we are months later, Mando Luke with no new R2. Luckily, a member on the board was selling him for a reasonable price and after a few weeks I just pulled the trigger. Never know with HT.
The hot toys r2 is lovely. Literally one of my favourite figures.
I agree it will be a while before there’s a new one.
it would be a great mando release thou.
I really want a lobot.

I think we’re all expecting that at this point. Really is a shame they didn’t use the down time to get some forgotten characters into production. Windu, Piett, Padme. The usual suspects. Who knows when or even if we’ll see them now.

I think we’re all expecting that at this point. Really is a shame they didn’t use the down time to get some forgotten characters into production. Windu, Piett, Padme. The usual suspects. Who knows when or even if we’ll see them now.
I wouldn't count on it. Looking to the future is most likely all we will get. Hot Toys in the last decade have went through the OT. Makes you wonder if we will see anymore from it. Maybe reissued troopers that might be shown in future D+ shows.

You know who I wish we'd get is pre-Bad Batch Echo. BB Echo is really tempting, but I'd like one that would blend with Cody, Rex and Jesse more. If I buy BB Echo then that's going to make me want to have all of the Batch, whereas I already have Cody and I'm seriously considering Rex and Jesse. One more rabbit-hole to go down.... ugh

I wouldn't count on it. Looking to the future is most likely all we will get. Hot Toys in the last decade have went through the OT. Makes you wonder if we will see anymore from it. Maybe reissued troopers that might be shown in future D+ shows.

I don't think OT figures are completely dead but I agree that it will probably be a very slow drip based on the way HT is currently running their business. I have to think that they will at least make the very popular unmade characters like ROTJ Vader, Hoth Luke, Bespin Luke, etc. Who knows what is going on with Ford/Han. I need to cut back on 1/6 going forward anyway after all these Mandalorian figures from the first two seasons ship but it would be nice to see some new Star Wars pre-orders.

You know who I wish we'd get is pre-Bad Batch Echo. BB Echo is really tempting, but I'd like one that would blend with Cody, Rex and Jesse more. If I buy BB Echo then that's going to make me want to have all of the Batch, whereas I already have Cody and I'm seriously considering Rex and Jesse. One more rabbit-hole to go down.... ugh
I’m purposely not buying that Bad Batch Echo because I’m hoping they make an ARC version of him from The Clone Wars. Rex notwithstanding, I think Echo has long been the second most popular Clone Trooper behind Fives. Maybe Cody? I’ve been convinced the reason they brought him back wasn’t to be a plot twist, but rather his popularity with the fans.

I think after Jesse went up the door opened to them making more Clones, and I do think they’ll come. I just hope Echo is among them.

If I were Sideshow, I would make a new Mace Windu and a Padme to profit off of people impatient to wait (assuming HT even has a plan at this point).

I don't think OT figures are completely dead but I agree that it will probably be a very slow drip based on the way HT is currently running their business. I have to think that they will at least make the very popular unmade characters like ROTJ Vader, Hoth Luke, Bespin Luke, etc. Who knows what is going on with Ford/Han. I need to cut back on 1/6 going forward anyway after all these Mandalorian figures from the first two seasons ship but it would be nice to see some new Star Wars pre-orders.
I just see ROTJ Vader. No idea why we havent gotten a Hoth Han nd Luke by now. I see those as companion pieces and since we dont get Han we might not get that Luke either.

Hot Toys has kind of went in order of the OT movies so thats why I'm kind of thinking besides ROTJ Vader HT might be out except for trooper reissues.

I’m purposely not buying that Bad Batch Echo because I’m hoping they make an ARC version of him from The Clone Wars. Rex notwithstanding, I think Echo has long been the second most popular Clone Trooper behind Fives. Maybe Cody? I’ve been convinced the reason they brought him back wasn’t to be a plot twist, but rather his popularity with the fans.

I think after Jesse went up the door opened to them making more Clones, and I do think they’ll come. I just hope Echo is among them.

You're right, Echo was always going to come back before Disney purchased TCW, not sure when Filoni and Lucas made that decision though. might of been after the fan reaction when Echo initially died at the Citadel.

Not sure if anyone remembers but Filoni released a statement after Echo's "death" in Season 3 due to the fanbase being mad they killed him off lol.

I'm happy with the SS Fives/Echo but look forward to HT making them, which I think they will, easy money for them.

I just see ROTJ Vader. No idea why we havent gotten a Hoth Han nd Luke by now. I see those as companion pieces and since we dont get Han we might not get that Luke either.

Hot Toys has kind of went in order of the OT movies so thats why I'm kind of thinking besides ROTJ Vader HT might be out except for trooper reissues.

They have bounced back and forth between ESB and ROTJ some. They made ROTJ Stormtroopers and eventually came back to Lando.

Buy really who knows what is going on and what Howard is thinking? We live in a world where zombie Deadpool exists but not Bespin Han or C3PO.

I don’t think this is the case.

OT figures will slow down, yes. We’ll still get them. Hot Toys CEO said just this year that they were waiting for a reason to do more OT-era stuff and Mandalorian opened that door for them. Will there be a lot of them coming - definitely not, but OT stuff is not dead, especially since they won’t be making ST stuff anymore.

Back