1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I mostly just want Cobb Vanth and Fennec, then a whole bunch of OT figures that HT probably won't make. I can't keep ordering HT out the wazoo, I buy other larger scale stuff like statues too. 2021 is going to be stupid expensive for me as it is.
Snowspeeder Luke, Mando Luke and Mando Chrome are my SW wants for next year. Luke in Hoth gear I would take. HT might just be done with Han and Chewie. A Kenobi from D+ I might be interested in. That's it for me.

Honestly I mostly just want Cobb Vanth and Fennec, then a whole bunch of OT figures that HT probably won't make. I can't keep ordering HT out the wazoo, I buy other larger scale stuff like statues too. 2021 is going to be stupid expensive for me as it is.

Just lately I've been feeling that I don't want to be drawn into any more new Star Wars. I've ended up with a bunch of figures from The Mandalorian that look very impressive, but I don't actually care about. Such as The Armorer, Heavy Mando, Death Watch, even Mando himself. There's also a bunch still on pre-order. They're rich with classic Star Wars design, but they're not 'OT classic'. Therefore, they're very thin on nostalgia. At the moment I can't even see myself pre-ordering Fennec or Vanth.

There's going to be a never ending supply of good looking figures from upcoming series (i.e. extended adverts) that won't actually hold any meaning. There's been so much 'other' Star Wars that the whole thing is starting to get a bit stale, and the OT has been marginalised.

At some point you have to pull the plug on them, because it ends up just buying for the sake of it, because you feel you ought to. Which is how they get you. No doubt they're going to get me again too, unless I can catch myself. I was able to do it with IG-11 with zero regrets. :lol

I feel more inspired by other lines and series of figures, since they offer something fresh (and more meaningful), as with Threezero's Stranger Things or DiD's military.

At least my last Star Wars pre-order, which was a whopping three months ago, was the highly nostalgic ROTJ Scout Trooper. :yess:

Leak from JC Hong, coming soon most likely.

Attachments

• AEFAD54A-E9AF-47A3-9A76-E2B4A0410E2C.jpeg
    AEFAD54A-E9AF-47A3-9A76-E2B4A0410E2C.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 62
In September, I thought that hot toys would sprinkle in a few ot/pt announcements before bobf starts. Wow, I was wrong. Two basically repainted clones don’t count. This has been a boring 3 months.
ROTJ scout basically a repainted one from Mando line. Do you count that one ?

Last edited:
If that is true and actually went up for preorder, it would be tarkin and krennic level excitement for me. I love cantina aliens.
It's a shame Sideshow seems to be out of the 1/6 game (with the exception of those animated CW figures). It'd be great if they re-did some of those OT aliens. Hot Toys will never touch them unless they turn up in one of the Disney+ shows, so there's definitely a hole to be filled in the market. There's definitely a market there for them, and I'm guessing 90% of people on this forum alone would buy them. It's great having the main characters and all, but it's those weird alien background characters that make Star Wars what is. I'm always very envious when I see collections with the likes of Greedo, Bib Fortuna, Hammerhead, Gamorreans etc. in them.

I regret passing on greedo and hammerhead. I was losing interest in sideshow figures due to the constant clone repaints and $150 figures. Ironic.
sideshow could bank a ton of $$ by just making reissued figures and environments like the cantina chairs, aliens, jabba aliens, and droids.
why make sense?

I regret passing on greedo and hammerhead. I was losing interest in sideshow figures due to the constant clone repaints and $150 figures. Ironic.
sideshow could bank a ton of $$ by just making reissued figures and environments like the cantina chairs, aliens, jabba aliens, and droids.
why make sense?

I can only think of licensing issue. Honestly they can use the same moulds for the aliens. Just need an updated paint job.

<--------- 110% bought DWM not out of huge love for the character, we didnt even know him. BUt he is just that freaking cool!!! No regrets.

That one scene is so great. This guy - just as fearsome, just as awesome! As the battle droid was - shows up out of nowhere, and saves Lil Bit. Instead of killing him, he held out a hand to help. In his awesome armor he looks like a machine, but is NOT. Thats SW right there.

I do try to limit purchases to characters I cannot live without. Every now and then, tho.....

I can only think of licensing issue. Honestly they can use the same moulds for the aliens. Just need an updated paint job.
They did it with grievous (although a disaster) so who knows. It’s probably easier to just sell hot toys and not have to manufacture anything, so reissues are doubtful. I do want that ponda though.

Most people here probably know by now but Sideshow has a 10% off sale on every in-stock item for today only. Decent sales on clone troopers and a few figs from The Mandalorian.

Is this legit? Don’t play with my emotions.
No lol I wish, but if we all rally in my IG comments on the Hot Toys account then maybe we can get a real Punda Bobu release!

Attachments

• C28ED8B8-884F-4BDD-9C20-BBC718D61AB0.jpeg
    C28ED8B8-884F-4BDD-9C20-BBC718D61AB0.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 26
Back