1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Solo, has anyone got around to reading issue #5 [final ish] of War of the Bounty Hunters....?

My thoughts:

Leia: *slap!
Lando: *slap!
Vader: Get after every one of these fools, Vader. Do it.
Luke: *slap!
Qui'ra: *slap! Overrated!
Valance: *double-slap!
99% of the Hutt contingent: *slap every one of you! Your species achieved spaceflight?! AMAZING
Chewbacca: Possibly the only entity present hero-side who has a brain. I will not slap Chewbacca. [that would be dangerous]
All droids: STFU PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Solo: You're gonna learn one of these days, boyo. Maybe.
Fett: DAYUM, son. Fett is not to be f***ed with. A true savage. I like that about you, Fett. Why not kill Jabba now, while you still can?

In short, all the one-shots - that I read, at least - were better than the main story. And that is sad. Enjoyed some great art, tho.

BACK TO WAITING FOR FENNEC

Speaking of Solo, has anyone got around to reading issue #5 [final ish] of War of the Bounty Hunters....?

My thoughts:

Leia: *slap!
Lando: *slap!
Vader: Get after every one of these fools, Vader. Do it.
Luke: *slap!
Qui'ra: *slap! Overrated!
Valance: *double-slap!
99% of the Hutt contingent: *slap every one of you! Your species achieved spaceflight?! AMAZING
Chewbacca: Possibly the only entity present hero-side who has a brain. I will not slap Chewbacca. [that would be dangerous]
All droids: STFU PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Solo: You're gonna learn one of these days, boyo. Maybe.
Fett: DAYUM, son. Fett is not to be f***ed with. A true savage. I like that about you, Fett. Why not kill Jabba now, while you still can?

In short, all the one-shots - that I read, at least - were better than the main story. And that is sad. Enjoyed some great art, tho.

BACK TO WAITING FOR FENNEC
Yep, read through all of the War of the Bounty Hunter ones and to say I ended up being underwhelmed was an understatement. Disney “Canon” comics just aren’t for me, I miss the old days of Dark Horse. The re-introduction of Crimson Dawn was kind of cool, everything else was just pointless fluff. I can only imagine how bad those High Republic comics are.

Yep, read through all of the War of the Bounty Hunter ones and to say I ended up being underwhelmed was an understatement. Disney “Canon” comics just aren’t for me, I miss the old days of Dark Horse. The re-introduction of Crimson Dawn was kind of cool, everything else was just pointless fluff. I can only imagine how bad those High Republic comics are.

Same here. I've found all the Marvel Star Wars comics I've read to be very "meh". Even the ones that are thought of as the best, like the Vader comics, aren't that amazing.
I haven't read the final issue of the Bounty Hunter run yet but honestly I've been pretty underwhelmed so far.

I think you have to be really high to enjoy the high republic comics.

Say what you want, at least WotBH didn't have complete ridiculousness as part of the main storyline, it had ridiculousness but we didnt go completely crazy. High Republic is for kids who dont know what actual good content is.

I will never be done laughing about Qui'ra daring to challenge Vader to a duel, wtf he should have instantly broken her neck with the Force, just for daring to have the idea. Its not like he hasnt done that sort of thing before.

I say WotBH was good for one thing: that exquisite prelude issue we got, that thing is beautiful and thats a hill I'm willing to die on.

Hope we get something tonight.

Along with hopefully production pics for Ahsoka and Shoretrooper tomorrow.

General kenobi could be a possibility. Most collectors want him and we haven’t had a prequel figure announcement for almost a year (seems like a decade). Rex and both clones are shipping so it may be time for a kenobi and a 212. We all know it will be venomized hulkbuster but a guy can dream...

For ***** and giggles, I watched MoHC and an interesting concept rumor was brought up about Ahsoka. Where Hot Toys altered her face since the prototype. One possibility was they altered it to look like a younger Rosario Dawson.

Would anybody who ordered her like that alteration?

I'm kind of indifferent to it as long as it looks good but I think what grabbed my intention to this figure was how Hot Toys brought a realization to anime Ahsoka.

For ***** and giggles, I watched MoHC and an interesting concept rumor was brought up about Ahsoka. Where Hot Toys altered her face since the prototype. One possibility was they altered it to look like a younger Rosario Dawson.

Would anybody who ordered her like that alteration?

I'm kind of indifferent to it as long as it looks good but I think what grabbed my intention to this figure was how Hot Toys brought a realization to anime Ahsoka.
It certainly makes sense, especially if we’re going to see a younger Ahsoka in live-action flashbacks etc. I’m guessing they’d probably deepfake a younger Rosario Dawson for those. That said I thought the figure hs was perfect as it was and would prefer them to keep it like that.

It certainly makes sense, especially if we’re going to see a younger Ahsoka in live-action flashbacks etc. I’m guessing they’d probably deepfake a younger Rosario Dawson for those. That said I thought the figure hs was perfect as it was and would prefer them to keep it like that.
Yeah, I think it's only a matter of time where we'll see young Ahsoka in live-action flashbacks. A deepfake would be interesting but I feel like they can get away with a different actress since Rosario's not as iconic, for the lack of a better word, as somebody from the original trilogy.

I agree, the head sculpt looked perfect to me and really gave me the impression that they brought The Clone Wars Ahsoka into "live-action." I would also prefer for them to keep it that way.

Are there certain instances where head sculpts come out differently, possibly even better, than the prototype?

It's probably worth mentioning here that Sideshow is not just going after HK resellers, but now they are targeting their own smaller retail partners like Alter Ego and trying to ban collector friendly incentives like free shipping/etc. There is a thread about this in the General Discussion section if anyone would like to see more. Sideshow deserves all the hell they catch for this.

Alter Ego should report Sideshow for throwing around codes for reward points... or better yet, Alter Ego should start doing reward codes themselves. Sideshow couldn't complain then.

I received the email from Alter Ego regarding SS's strong-arming but more devastating was the news of Marc's wife's diagnosis. Prayers go out to the both them and their family.

I had to cancel my Shoretroopers to pick up this beauty from Sideshow. It's only $400 and I think it is well worth it. Who is with me?

werepup-cooper_werepups_feature.jpg

Back