1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canned all of my POs on Sideshow after a really bad experience, so ATM I'm a sitting duck. I'm torn between POing General Skywalker again, or waiting in case the Kenobi show has flashbacks and I can get him alongside a General Kenobi. I really don't know what to do here. I want them both, but if I get one with a Clone Wars box, and another in a Kenobi box, it'll irk me to see it. I guess I'll hold off on the PO, wait for any news from the Kenobi show (it's supposed to air in 2022, so probably next Christmas season or something), and if nothing comes about and I see the current version start rising in price, just grab it. Or at least wait until they put a CW General Kenobi up for PO. Gah, damn this hobby...
It is indeed a blessing and a curse. I might at some point break down and get General Skywalker to display with CW Ahsoka...

I canned all of my POs on Sideshow after a really bad experience, so ATM I'm a sitting duck. I'm torn between POing General Skywalker again, or waiting in case the Kenobi show has flashbacks and I can get him alongside a General Kenobi. I really don't know what to do here. I want them both, but if I get one with a Clone Wars box, and another in a Kenobi box, it'll irk me to see it. I guess I'll hold off on the PO, wait for any news from the Kenobi show (it's supposed to air in 2022, so probably next Christmas season or something), and if nothing comes about and I see the current version start rising in price, just grab it. Or at least wait until they put a CW General Kenobi up for PO. Gah, damn this hobby...
So you ate all those non-refundable deposits?

It is indeed a blessing and a curse. I might at some point break down and get General Skywalker to display with CW Ahsoka...
Yeah, it really is. I was standing before a large wall in my house the other day, and I was imagining how a display there would look. Then I tok out my measuring tape and realise that, at best, that wall could hold 50 figures, if we're talking a proper display. Then I remembered that I had about 200 names in my wishlist. That was really a que to wake up and trim it down. There's just no meaning to that, even if you have all the money and space. I'd reached a point where I was writing down characters from Shakespeare that I'd like to have as dollies. I mean, come on... I'll be getting my absolute favourites and that's it. I was planning some "Genre Shelves" like Sci-Fi and Gothic, with 10-15 hypothetical figures in each and it was just nuts.

The thing is, SW is one of my sure licenses, so I do want some complete groups, and this case really irks me. I wouldn't be able to stand having a General Skywalker in a CW box, and a General Kenobi in a Kenobi Series box.
So you ate all those non-refundable deposits?
Eh, kinda. Basically I lost an entire 1/6th figure (Kylo) as it was never delivered to me, and only got 70 euros out of the 250 it cost as a refund. I explained that that was the reason I'm cancelling it all, and they sent me an email saying that they'd refund my POs. The thing is, Paypal sent me notices for only two orders, so I'm waiting to see what'll happen.

- Any word on a Hot Toys ANH C-3P0? That would be awesome.
- Would also love a Hot Toys ESB Hoth Luke and Hoth Han, with furred Tauntuan.
- Would also love a Jabba and all the Jabba's Palace figures (Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, Weequay, Klaatu, etc.

There’s a disturbing lack of Wor-Gar in this thread these days.

You rubbed the genie!

Been here... but nothing has been happening ever since TheDucky was so wrong on everything he predicted. I wish he was here to see it.

Or is he....?

Wor-Gar has abandoned hope. Bespin Han broke him. We are lost.

Bespin Han... :lol

HT is done with Ford.

At least until the Indy 5 disaster. Then maybe we'll get another strange looking Ford from HT.

Or is he....?
He's stuck in the Matrix...
keanu-duck-head-matrix.jpeg

Your stay here will be brief... :(
Unfortunately not just my stay, there are other collectors waiting for various shown figures, but which were never produced.

The good news is that I might have found a Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander. Hoped Hot Toys to make one, but it's a very long shot, among all these Iron-man and Mandalorian figures...

Unfortunately not just my stay, there are other collectors waiting for various shown figures, but which were never produced.

The good news is that I might have found a Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander. Hoped Hot Toys to make one, but it's a very long shot, among all these Iron-man and Mandalorian figures...
No doubt. I do feel fortunate to be a collector of Star Wars and Marvel Infinity War/Endgame exclusively. Hard to complain about the Mantis and General Kenobi I'm waiting to be released when other licenses get next to nothing... Nonetheless, give me my Mantis and Kenobi, now! :)

I wish HT would give us something to talk about. They drowned us in Mando figures, then a sprinkle of Bad Batch and now nothing.

Nycc is next month. Maybe we can get a few new prototypes to get some excitement on this board. Then of course we will all panic about whether they’ll release at all. Probably will be a show of the mandalorian prototypes we’ve seen.

Nycc is next month. Maybe we can get a few new prototypes to get some excitement on this board. Then of course we will all panic about whether they’ll release at all. Probably will be a show of the mandalorian prototypes we’ve seen.
Surprised that Sideshow will not have a booth, virtual again

Back