1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No he wasn’t, Rex went up in May, DW in October

Fair enough.

Speaking of Rex, HT does not get a pass for "head sculpt delays" since they are reusing Cody's head sculpt. They probably retooled Cody's head sculpt a bit to change the scars, which should have taken the sculptor a half hour [max!] and so they just dont have an excuse IMO.

I'm super curious to know if Jango will be delayed a long time. They've had since the twelfth of Never to work on him and ITS TIME [or it will be when his release date gets here].

Fair enough.

Speaking of Rex, HT does not get a pass for "head sculpt delays" since they are reusing Cody's head sculpt. They probably retooled Cody's head sculpt a bit to change the scars, which should have taken the sculptor a half hour [max!] and so they just dont have an excuse IMO.

I'm super curious to know if Jango will be delayed a long time. They've had since the twelfth of Never to work on him and ITS TIME [or it will be when his release date gets here].
Rex has a pretty different HS from Cody, different expression, scars, and most obvious the hair. I also think Hot Toys is very scared of a repeat of the Mark 85 situation

Wow those amazing BTF3 figs coming out nowhere and a tease for Carnage o_O, please can I just have one Prequel/Clone Wars announcement.

It really is a shame Hot Toys has really stuck to their "core four" licenses so to speak. And really, it's just the core two in Star Wars and Marvel, but they do go back to DC and BTTF often enough.

There's only been what, John Wick, Jack Sparrow and Alita outside of those licenses over the last couple of years? They just really do not stray far from the nest.

It really is a shame Hot Toys has really stuck to their "core four" licenses so to speak. And really, it's just the core two in Star Wars and Marvel, but they do go back to DC and BTTF often enough.

There's only been what, John Wick, Jack Sparrow and Alita outside of those licenses over the last couple of years? They just really do not stray far from the nest.

I don't think they have the resources to do much outside Star Wars and Marvel. They don't even have the resources to properly handle Star Wars and Marvel. Well, now that Marvel sucks maybe they do.

I think they basically grew into a legit company/organization and with that comes the need to achieve bottom line results. As cool as a William Wallace would be for a subset of fans, it's not going to bring them the volume sales that almost any Marvel and Star Wars figure does. Although, I do still find oddities like venomized Groot to be strange choices that can't sell very well...

...was there a huge fanbase longing for niche BTTF figures, and I just missed that? These new releases are real headscratchers. Who even wanted these? Never one time have I seen a beg for BTTF stuff, not once.

Don't mind me, the whole thing just makes me grumpy.

...was there a huge fanbase longing for niche BTTF figures, and I just missed that? These new releases are real headscratchers. Who even wanted these? Never one time have I seen a beg for BTTF stuff, not once.

I've been dying for BttF stuff. Been buying all the NECA stuff and will soon have all 4 Hot Toys on order. If you check out those threads you'll see plenty of people excited. BttF3 isn't my favorite of the trilogy but those figures look so well done.

Maybe the owner of HT is a fan of the BTTF films. I wish I had the space to collect BTTF, as well as Aliens, Star Trek etc.

I really want General Kenobi to go up so I can drop 500 bucks on him and General Skywalker... :)
I canned all of my POs on Sideshow after a really bad experience, so ATM I'm a sitting duck. I'm torn between POing General Skywalker again, or waiting in case the Kenobi show has flashbacks and I can get him alongside a General Kenobi. I really don't know what to do here. I want them both, but if I get one with a Clone Wars box, and another in a Kenobi box, it'll irk me to see it. I guess I'll hold off on the PO, wait for any news from the Kenobi show (it's supposed to air in 2022, so probably next Christmas season or something), and if nothing comes about and I see the current version start rising in price, just grab it. Or at least wait until they put a CW General Kenobi up for PO. Gah, damn this hobby...

Back