1/6 New York Comic Con Star Wars 1/6 Figure Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoody999

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder what we'll see at New York Comic Con next week ??

Do Hot Toys typically show any new figures at this event ? I know it is pretty small.

I see Sideshow are there. So I guess there could be a chance of some new figures. Certainly good timing for TLJ.

Is anyone going ?

I think they'll have Hot Toys at the Sideshow booth but I don't believe they have anything new. Actually, now I can't remember if they had Hot Toys displayed last year.

I dont think SS or Hot toys attend NYCC, they may do some online reveals or promos but its not usually a big thing

Sideshow does indeed come to NYCC and they'll be there again this year. It's a small booth but they do display Hot Toys as well as their own stuff. They had the Rey PF last year that I *think* was the first time it was seen in person.

Last year I saw daredevil and Luke last jedi in person which was nice given they just came out a year after.

So I anticipate being able to marvel at guys like Tarkin a year before I’ll have him.

But literally nothing new has or ever will be shown at New York comic con from sideshow. That’s not what NYCC is for.

Star ace, asmus, threezero and storm are known to have reveals at NYCC though.

NYCC is not small by any stretch lol. It's the biggest one behind SDCC.

Hot Toys doesn't usually have a booth for NYCC, they just show their product at Sideshow's booth. Sideshow is always there every year, they have a booth in a pretty prime spot. It's not a huge booth, but it's worth checking out.

I wouldn't expect anything new from Hot Toys.

It's strange they wouldn't use it to show at least one TLJ figure. For example like Luke, they would only need to use the old Luke head sculpt with different hair or something, plus new costume of course.

Or one of those Lobster Guards.....they must exist due to the photos.

Even another look at ROTJ Jedi Luke would be good....

HTs have a huge booth in China right now ant a comic con and there are no Praetorian Guards there. Nothing new displayed.

Well that's wierd. I guess Disney must be calling the shots what gets released when.

They both know this hype game pretty well. Although considering Farce Friday was a bust for HT you'd think they would be using these events ??

It's strange they wouldn't use it to show at least one TLJ figure. For example like Luke, they would only need to use the old Luke head sculpt with different hair or something, plus new costume of course.

Or one of those Lobster Guards.....they must exist due to the photos.

Even another look at ROTJ Jedi Luke would be good....

Yeah even despite the history, with TLJ so close to release you'd think NYCC would be a unique opportunity for someone to show something new (like Lobster guards.)

Assuming we are indeed getting the trailer on the 9th, I wonder if they'll wait until it drops to announce some figures.

Assuming we are indeed getting the trailer on the 9th, I wonder if they'll wait until it drops to announce some figures.

I hope so. They've gotta do something sometime if they're not using these Cons to show new stuff off.

Last year I saw daredevil and Luke last jedi in person which was nice given they just came out a year after.

So I anticipate being able to marvel at guys like Tarkin a year before I’ll have him.

But literally nothing new has or ever will be shown at New York comic con from sideshow. That’s not what NYCC is for.

Star ace, asmus, threezero and storm are known to have reveals at NYCC though.

Pretty sure Sideshow revealed Jyn Premium Format there last year. :dunno

Tomorrow we must be due for something. HT TLJ info and releases tend to be moving quite slow at the moment. Or is it just me ?

What have we had ? "Pizza Trooper", "BB-H8" and Kylo.

Back